Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 3:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hm, he was called a condition freak right? It seems conditioning without the technic is the as bad as technic without conditioning

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 4:17pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If he learns to box and grapple properly this guy could be at best (with EXTREME effort) be a main card fighter in a few years. Never a contender though, not in Strike Force, the UFC, or Dream.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 5:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took about 10 seconds to diagnose the problem: Hands down. Throws crazy loopy arm punches with little power.

About 5 more to prescribe a course of action: Throw at least marginally straighter punches at his head.

And how the **** were the commentators impressed by *anything* that happened there? Vova is just so great passing the guard. What? THAT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SWEEP! No. Nobody should just be able to sit up out of mount. "Great grappler" my ass.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 6:46pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That fight was just another glaring example of how far most of Asia is behind the rest of the world when it comes to fighter developement. Outside of Japan the rest of Asia is greatly behind when it comes to MMA. Korea has managed to produce a handful of good prospects but they started getting heavily involved in MMA in 2003, that's 7 years ago. China didn't get involved until 2005, Taiwan was shortly behind them and Thailand just got into it a little heavier this year.

The level just isn't there yet. And obviously the knowledge of the announcers isn't there yet either, those retards had no idea what they were talking about.
    安氏八极拳学生

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 1:17am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So for the record, a super-conditioned and shredded TCMA striker just got KO'd by a pudgy Russian grappler?
    I was noting this phenomenon in the original DasMoose/Wing chun guy Gong Sau videos.... is it just me, or do grapplers who are just kind of imitating muay thai fighters often end up with better standup than TMA guys?

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 2:18am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    So for the record, a super-conditioned and shredded TCMA striker just got KO'd by a pudgy Russian grappler?
    I was noting this phenomenon in the original DasMoose/Wing chun guy Gong Sau videos.... is it just me, or do grapplers who are just kind of imitating muay thai fighters often end up with better standup than TMA guys?
    Okay McClaw, I usually like your post's, but please re-read the highlighted area, re-watch the video, and shut the **** up.

I'm sorry but I find your comment a little bit retarded seeing as how two guys stepped into a cage and fought their ass's off. Yes, compared to other fighters in organizations like the UFC, Dream, Strike Force, WEC, etc... these guys weren't that great but still, you can give the russian guy a little but more credit being a "a pudgy grappler who is just imitating a muay thai fighter".

This video goes to show that if you train and develop bad habits (leaving your hands down, out dated grappling techniques, etc...) having an edge in strength and conditioning won't mean **** if you can't apply it. Hell, I say both of these guys with continuous proper training and dedication could be great fighters (though maybe to a less extent the monkey kung fu guy depending on how long it takes him to unlearn his bad habits).

Anyway I'll stop raging now.

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 3:31am

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I managed to pinpoint the exact frame in which the spirit of the Monkey King left that guy's body.

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Okay McClaw, I usually like your post's, but please re-read the highlighted area, re-watch the video, and shut the **** up.

I'm sorry but I find your comment a little bit retarded seeing as how two guys stepped into a cage and fought their ass's off. Yes, compared to other fighters in organizations like the UFC, Dream, Strike Force, WEC, etc... these guys weren't that great but still, you can give the russian guy a little but more credit being a "a pudgy grappler who is just imitating a muay thai fighter".

This video goes to show that if you train and develop bad habits (leaving your hands down, out dated grappling techniques, etc...) having an edge in strength and conditioning won't mean **** if you can't apply it. Hell, I say both of these guys with continuous proper training and dedication could be great fighters (though maybe to a less extent the monkey kung fu guy depending on how long it takes him to unlearn his bad habits).

Anyway I'll stop raging now.
    Whoah, sorry! Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the stick up of his ass.
    I refer to the Russian gentleman as pudgy not out of disrespect for his victory, but out of comparison for his physique against his opponents.
    I refer to him as a grappler not out of disrespect for his striking skills, which clearly outweigh those of at least one Monkey Kung Fu Master's, but because, according to the commentators, his background is in Sambo and Brazilian Jiujitsu; both of which are grappling arts. Thus, an individual who's principle training is in grappling may be referred to as a "grappler."
    My comment on the "grappler's imitating muay thai" may be better phrased as "grappler's with very limited muay thai" with regard to this fight, as if I recall correctly, he said something about starting to work more on his striking before the fight with the German Brick Shithouse.
    However, the core principle of my comment, which is that people doing muay thai poorly still seem to outclass people doing TMA (particularly TCMA) exceptionally well on a regular basis, still stands.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 1:42pm

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am surprised this isn't garnering more attention, must be the week end.....

Anyway first off mad respect to the "monkey master" for stepping into the cage. It takes some stones to put it on the line and test your style.

For the not-so-nice;

-the commentators sucked
    -Hisam should have kept his damn hands up, and the standing hammer fist was pretty retarded.
    -lots of wasted movement throwing those arms punches
    -he kept loading up to drop the bomb with his right hand but didn't do anything with it

I'd like to see him in a year after training with some professional trainers in boxing and jiu-jitsu.

I'd throw him into strike force after some time in a smaller promotion like KOTC.

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 2:58pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw View Post
    Whoah, sorry! Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the stick up of his ass.
    I refer to the Russian gentleman as pudgy not out of disrespect for his victory, but out of comparison for his physique against his opponents.
    I refer to him as a grappler not out of disrespect for his striking skills, which clearly outweigh those of at least one Monkey Kung Fu Master's, but because, according to the commentators, his background is in Sambo and Brazilian Jiujitsu; both of which are grappling arts. Thus, an individual who's principle training is in grappling may be referred to as a "grappler."
    My comment on the "grappler's imitating muay thai" may be better phrased as "grappler's with very limited muay thai" with regard to this fight, as if I recall correctly, he said something about starting to work more on his striking before the fight with the German Brick Shithouse.
    However, the core principle of my comment, which is that people doing muay thai poorly still seem to outclass people doing TMA (particularly TCMA) exceptionally well on a regular basis, still stands.
    Alright fair enough but I initially got the whole "old drunk douche bag watching MMA at a sports bar" vibe from post before. Not that I think you are one of those guys, but it just read as such.

Also, what AMF said. Commentators were totally awful.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast