Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 11:06am

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Lucas Lepri Video

One of my teammates (Chris Visentin, Blue Belt Adult Lightweight World Champion 2009) just made this great highlight reel for our teammate and instructor, Lucas Lepri (multiple Adult Black Belt World Champion):

YouTube- Lucas Lepri Highlight

... the thing that leads me to post it here is the way Chris mixed footage of Lucas teaching with scenes of him using the same techniques at the absolute top levels of competition. I think this is quite valuable as an illustration of how variations on basic jiujitsu techniques continue to work throughout a fighter's career. Also, the soundtrack is dope.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 2:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    definitely dope, but I still like his Jacare TD highlight best.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 10:04pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really awesome. Love his take downs; looks like a feint single that makes them off balance and a bumping/sweep down?

Again, awesome vid. Thanks for posting that!
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 11:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damnit, had a meeting to go to at work...lost my edit time.

Edit: Holy Crap! Just saw the gi-feed with his mouth to hand!! That was great!

I very much like his take down tactic, it's something I want to give a whirl, and that gi-feed with the mouth...I might have to work on that for a while!

Posted On:
    12/31/2009 9:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Miyagi View Post
    looks like a feint single that makes them off balance and a bumping/sweep down?
    His three favorite takedowns (so far as I can tell) are the single-leg, drop seio, and 'the bump,' which is often done as part of a knee-tap after faking a single. He's the only non-CMA guy I've seen use that technique.
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

Posted On:
    12/31/2009 10:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Skellington View Post
    His three favorite takedowns (so far as I can tell) are the single-leg, drop seio, and 'the bump,' which is often done as part of a knee-tap after faking a single. He's the only non-CMA guy I've seen use that technique.
    Was I misinterpreting the technique as a kouchigari? I thought he was using the pull to set up the inside foot sweep, then bumped to force them backwards over it. Or am I looking at the wrong takedown(s)?

This makes me want to see more footage of Lucas. His game is wildly impressive and nice to watch.
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Posted On:
    12/31/2009 11:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris Kringle-Jime View Post
    Was I misinterpreting the technique as a kouchigari? I thought he was using the pull to set up the inside foot sweep, then bumped to force them backwards over it. Or am I looking at the wrong takedown(s)?
    He sometimes does the trip (as in the very first takedown in the video), but often just uses the shoulder bump with a hand to the knee of the leg doesn't get pulled back. He used the non-trip version to toss me for my "good luck throw" when I got my blue belt (Fabio used drop-seio, Babs kataguruma).

He's also got a really sweet takedown where he catches the end of a sleeve and drives it crossbody while picking the opposite ankle, but that one isn't in this video.

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 10:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jack, is there an actual name for the takedown he is doing with the bump? Or did you know if there is a video of it being done slowly? I'd like to take a closer look at it!