Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Intro and asking about JKD.

man can i make you all crack up please? iam in the uk, been dying to learm jkd forever, and i got 2 of the careter hargrave dvds lol. and ive been learning them, but hey i wasnt to know, so all of you, what shall i do? jerry poteets online school? theres just no where in this country to learn it, help me out people

Style
    White Tiger Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you have to learn JKD online there is ONLY one place to learn it, JKD itself is not an art but a conceptual framework outlined by Bruce Lee(more of a philosophy really). Only one person living has the right to teach JKD as taught by Lee himself (He was taught by Bruce Lee directly with several others, but he is the only one still living.) under the term Jun Fan Gung Fu, and that is the legend himself Guru Dan Inosanto (http://inosanto.com/), he trained Guru Ron Balicki (http://www.ronbalicki.net/) and Guru Balicki offers online training as well as DVD's I HIGHLY reccomend his JKD instructor series as well as many of his Filipino art videos. You can also buy videos from Guru Inosanto's site, but he does not offer the online training. I don't however you cannot "video" test in the art. But please for the love of God do not buy Hargraves GARBAGE. If you have any other questions PLEASE feel free to ask!

Just an aside, Balicki is an amazing teacher, I studied under him for awhile after my instructor died several years back, and he is probably one of the best instructors that I have ever met. Check out some of his youtube videos there are quite a few.

Style
    White Tiger Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also... Just so you know. Carter Hargraves has !!!NO!!! TRAINING IN JKD HE IS A FRAUD! A self promoter and a belt swapper, as well as many of his so called promoters. He is a long running joke in Oklahoma and has no legitimate ties to ANY "REAL" martial art or organization.

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks so much for the info mate, nice one. i thought jerry poteet was one of his students to? ok, no more hargrave for me lol. i have read lots of jkd books, and what he teaches on his dvds arent way off course id say, but then again, who am i to know that really. as for video testing, i was never going to do that, that is weird. i shall check out the links, thanks again man :)

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well i was desperate to learn, very desperate it seems hahaha

Style
    White Tiger Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all did you know that when you Google "Carter Hargraves" that we come up first!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrrin View Post
    If you have to learn JKD online there is ONLY one place to learn it, JKD itself is not an art but a conceptual framework outlined by Bruce Lee(more of a philosophy really). Only one person living has the right to teach JKD as taught by Lee himself (He was taught by Bruce Lee directly with several others, but he is the only one still living.) under the term Jun Fan Gung Fu, and that is the legend himself Guru Dan Inosanto (http://inosanto.com/), he trained Guru Ron Balicki (http://www.ronbalicki.net/) and Guru Balicki offers online training as well as DVD's I HIGHLY reccomend his JKD instructor series as well as many of his Filipino art videos. You can also buy videos from Guru Inosanto's site, but he does not offer the online training. I don't however you cannot "video" test in the art. But please for the love of God do not buy Hargraves GARBAGE. If you have any other questions PLEASE feel free to ask!

Just an aside, Balicki is an amazing teacher, I studied under him for awhile after my instructor died several years back, and he is probably one of the best instructors that I have ever met. Check out some of his youtube videos there are quite a few.

Very well said!

Something to be aware of is that when someone claims to teach a conceptual framework as an art.... LOOK OUT!

Another way to do it for the gentlemen in the UK is to find a teacher versed in Wing Chun, and/or the philipino/Indonesian arts. That is another option.

The problem with smears like the subject of this thread is that its hard to smear a smear
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.

Style
    White Tiger Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [COLOR=#cccccc]adam76[/COLO"]adam76 - Member Profile - Bullshido, Dont feel bad, Hargraves is a FRAUD and a CON ARTIST, and he has so many domains promoting himself its easy to be fooled by Google as well, but feel free to ask any questions here, we will give you the heads up.

Also, what [COLOR=#cccccc]Dsimon3387[/COLO"]Dsimon3387 - Member Profile - Bullshido is very true. I suggest looking into Wing Chun, Kali, Silat, really any of the Filipino/Indonesian arts. I also know that in the UK Krav Maga is a big thing, and I have seen some serious KM schools, its nothing like Jun Fan but it is a very effective fighting art.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer. Join us... or die

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam76 View Post
    man can i make you all crack up please? iam in the uk, been dying to learm jkd forever, and i got 2 of the careter hargrave dvds lol. and ive been learning them, but hey i wasnt to know, so all of you, what shall i do? jerry poteets online school? theres just no where in this country to learn it, help me out people
    Without knowing where in the UK you're at it's hard to be specific, but Straight Blast are JKD, they're in Manchester.

They also happen to have a strong BJJ and MMA pedigree, which doesn't hurt.

http://www.straightblastgym.com/international.htm#UK

Style
    wing chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so does anyone own any inosanto dvds? do they really explain it all clearly?

iam in south east kent,

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last