Page 3 of 30 First 123456713 ... Last

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone wrote i am doing nthing-not true-i am working-teaching-studying cqc-giving seninars etc etc whitewolf

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ForRed Elvos- agree its different over there-also in Europe where I took lessons in portugal,greece, and in poland-all the instructors are excellent-no bull **** at all- whitewolf

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was nice to read some intelligent comments here regarding KM. I have trained for 4 years and have a great instructor. The instructor is more important than the system. KM is a great base and anyone who is serious about MA cross trains in others. And your school must have free sparring and hard contact.
    Last edited by leoosiku; 10/03/2010 9:47pm at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Krava Maga sort of has this reputation to be honest I am not to sure how deserved it is.
    YouTube - The Simpons Krav Maga

In fact can someone who actively does it care to comment on this representation?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    In fact can someone who actively does it care to comment on this representation?
    Pretty well perfect.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've experienced good KM in both the IKMF and KMG organisations - both are legitimate and at least in Europe have very high standards of quality control. It's a combination of conditioning, situational awareness drills, sparring multiple opponents and set techniques (with room to maneuver), weapons defense (knives and sticks - I'm not a big fan of pistol defense though). You will get banged up a fair bit but won't train with the same degree of intensity as say MMA or BJJ. It's not a sport and no matter what other people say you can't kick your sparring partner in the balls or aim for the back of the neck or throat so a certain amount of restraint and choreography is necessary. I cross train it with Judo and BJJ which I think makes a pretty good combo. The best thing about KM is the multiple opponent sparring IMO, you won't get that anywhere else. HOWEVER, I still think it needs to be cross trained with something alive to give you more experience with free style fighting (most high ranks cross train in multiple styles). I would sum it up best as a great system for supplementing other alive styles for a situations outside the ring. Beware of McDojo's though, the US experience seems to be pretty bad from what I've read here.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    If the place you are considering free spars on a regular basis, then they probably don't suck. If they do nothing but practice drills, then they probably do suck.
    Um, sorry guys. But the thread ended here.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    Why, are there two girls?
    haha, took me a second to get that one!! :D

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustang057 View Post
    haha, took me a second to get that one!! :D
    Looks more like it took you nearly three years.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a strip club bouncer here in Portland that has trained in it (he's written a couple self defense articles in a local monthly).

He's proven it fairly effective against grabby perverted drunks. YMMV...

Page 3 of 30 First 123456713 ... Last