222103 Bullies, 3239 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 241 to 250 of 288
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. erezb is offline
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,260

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 11:03am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Despite the fact that you went to a Krap I'mgay class, I have generously bestowed rep upon you for coining the term Krav Magagger. Now, on to your point above......

    I don't doubt that's what you saw. Think about how ridiculous that is for a moment. That attitude makes sense in military training where time is short and weapons are the focus. But why the **** would a civilian pay shitloads of money over the long term to get training with a short term focus intended to simply keep noobs from shitting their pants and curling into the fetal position in a fight?
    Finally you make a fucking point. As i said repeatedly, KM IS NOT A MARTIAL ART! its a curriculum for hand to hand combat for soldiars, (but not only). It should and is encouraged to practice on top at least one of its foundation MA, either MT, JJ etc.
    If you want to do KM properly, you basically do MMA, you would have kickboxing and boxing lessons, maybe with some dirty techniques, you would have judo, and you would combine. On top you would spar against more than one opponent, you would practice knife stabs and defenses, stick etc. And you will practice all of those situational maneuvers against a choke a bear hug etc. Is that effective? yes, yes it is, though you would need to train 4,5 times a week. Practice enough kickboxing and judo on top of the more classical KM technique. Do some places provide you with this? Here they do, it is usually coupled to an MMA gym.
    I'll also add, that if you train twice a week in who gives a **** lets say the deadly BJJ, you are not a fighter! you hardly train enough, and you better be realistic about your abilities. If you train 4 times a week, than something like KM becomes actually quite useful, you have ample time to drill lots of kickboxing, and grappling and still become good at the additional crap. If you train twice a week, you better be focusing on something very simple with lots of hard sparring.
    Last edited by erezb; 11/14/2013 11:09am at .
  2. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,520

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 11:18am

    supporting member
     

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    Finally you make a fucking point. As i said repeatedly, KM IS NOT A MARTIAL ART! its a curriculum for hand to hand combat for soldiars, (but not only). It should and is encouraged to practice on top at least one of its foundation MA, either MT, JJ etc.
    If you want to do KM properly, you basically do MMA, you would have kickboxing and boxing lessons, maybe with some dirty techniques, you would have judo, and you would combine. On top you would spar against more than one opponent, you would practice knife stabs and defenses, stick etc. And you will practice all of those situational maneuvers against a choke a bear hug etc. Is that effective? yes, yes it is, though you would need to train 4,5 times a week. Practice enough kickboxing and judo on top of the more classical KM technique. Do some places provide you with this? Here they do, it is usually coupled to an MMA gym.
    I'll also add, that if you train twice a week in who gives a **** lets say the deadly BJJ, you are not a fighter! you hardly train enough, and you better be realistic about your abilities. If you train 4 times a week, than something like KM becomes actually quite useful, you have ample time to drill lots of kickboxing, and grappling and still become good at the additional crap. If you train twice a week, you better be focusing on something very simple with lots of hard sparring.

    Everything I say makes a point, fuckstick.

    I understand exactly where you're coming from. It's clear to me now. If you practice 8 different martial arts in addition to Krav Maga you can be a good fighter. Makes perfect sense. Laying on my couch is also a valid part of my self defense training if I study a couple dozen other real martial arts. Got it.

    I know Krav Maga is not a martial art. I'm with you. It's not a martial art. It's a fucking waste of time best suited for taking yuppies' Pabst Blue Ribbon money.
  3. CapnMunchh is offline
    CapnMunchh's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:15pm

    supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    OK, I can see the point in the "keep going/survival" type of drill. If you go again maybe the will work on other skills/techniques.
    If it were possible to attend once a month by paying a mat fee I'd consider it, if only to test my conditioning, but they require a contract. In time, I might have gotten to do some sparring incorporating standup and ground technique, which was really my main reason for considering KM in the first place, but I'm not willing to attend beginner classes for months to get to the level they require for that. Given my limited time and money, I think I'll get more bang for the buck if I put my resources elsewhere.

    The school sent me an email asking for my comments. I may suggest that they start allowing mat fees, at least for the beginner classes.
  4. Devil is offline
    Devil's Avatar

    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,520

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:35pm

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    If it were possible to attend once a month by paying a mat fee I'd consider it, if only to test my conditioning, but they require a contract. In time, I might have gotten to do some sparring incorporating standup and ground technique, which was really my main reason for considering KM in the first place, but I'm not willing to attend beginner classes for months to get to the level they require for that. Given my limited time and money, I think I'll get more bang for the buck if I put my resources elsewhere.

    The school sent me an email asking for my comments. I may suggest that they start allowing mat fees, at least for the beginner classes.

    When you went to class did you get to see the K-walk? You know, where they stomp around like they have fire ants crawling up their leg.
  5. CapnMunchh is offline
    CapnMunchh's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    792

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:40pm

    supporting member
     Style: TangSooDo/Yubiwaza

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    When you went to class did you get to see the K-walk? You know, where they stomp around like they have fire ants crawling up their leg.
    No, but if I had seen that, I would have signed up on the spot.
  6. Vieux Normand is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 12:43pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Everything I say makes a point, fuckstick.

    I understand exactly where you're coming from. It's clear to me now. If you practice 8 different martial arts in addition to Krav Maga you can be a good fighter. Makes perfect sense. Laying on my couch is also a valid part of my self defense training if I study a couple dozen other real martial arts. Got it.

    I know Krav Maga is not a martial art. I'm with you. It's not a martial art. It's a fucking waste of time best suited for taking yuppies' Pabst Blue Ribbon money.
    This reminds me of the threads where posters ask: "If I cross-train it with BJJ and MT, would my chun-ki-do be effective?"
  7. BKR is offline
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,142

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 1:54pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnMunchh View Post
    If it were possible to attend once a month by paying a mat fee I'd consider it, if only to test my conditioning, but they require a contract. In time, I might have gotten to do some sparring incorporating standup and ground technique, which was really my main reason for considering KM in the first place, but I'm not willing to attend beginner classes for months to get to the level they require for that. Given my limited time and money, I think I'll get more bang for the buck if I put my resources elsewhere.

    The school sent me an email asking for my comments. I may suggest that they start allowing mat fees, at least for the beginner classes.
    Commercial operation wants your money. Move on I say...
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  8. Kovacs is online now
    Kovacs's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Kent - UK
    Posts
    1,542

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 2:17pm


     Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If people want to learn to fight quickly they should drop KM and box. No tarting about, just hard pysichal training, simple but tight technique and tons of sparring. And it's a damn sight cheaper!

    To be honest though most RSBD guys don't actually want to fight, not in a controlled sparring sense as that means they'd get hurt, they just want a simulation.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

    "You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.
  9. BKR is offline
    BKR's Avatar

    My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    4,142

    Posted On:
    11/14/2013 7:21pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    If people want to learn to fight quickly they should drop KM and box. No tarting about, just hard pysichal training, simple but tight technique and tons of sparring. And it's a damn sight cheaper!

    To be honest though most RSBD guys don't actually want to fight, not in a controlled sparring sense as that means they'd get hurt, they just want a simulation.
    A big part of "fighting" is to know what it feels like to get hit/thrown/pinned/etc., and learn to deal with adrenaline. Without the contact (and boxing gives PLENTY as a matter of course), all the deadly crap isn't much good if you give up when you get popped in the nose.
    Falling for Judo since 1980
  10. erezb is offline
    erezb's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,260

    Posted On:
    11/16/2013 1:46am


     Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovacs View Post
    If people want to learn to fight quickly they should drop KM and box. No tarting about, just hard pysichal training, simple but tight technique and tons of sparring. And it's a damn sight cheaper!

    To be honest though most RSBD guys don't actually want to fight, not in a controlled sparring sense as that means they'd get hurt, they just want a simulation.
    What is so simple in boxing again? I'm missing something...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.