Sponsored Links Spacer Image

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/07/2013 1:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Show me the videos of good Krav Maga. Videos where they're doing their silly RBSD bullshit in an alive manner.
    Exactly...show anybody being actually grabbed, strangled, knifed, whatever, in a way that looks realistic. Where a grip is really broken, where the attacker really looks like they are serious.

Explain how you progressively drill towards the end of effective use of the techniques. Does the 120 lb woman ever actually get grappled by the 220 pound guy who (in reality) would intend to rape her? Just simply grabs her, picks her up, and carries her off? (as a simple example).
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2013 2:58pm

Style: Bowie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cross training doesn't justify the portion of your training that is crap. I know an accomplished, advanced BJJ practitioner who is also still a card carrying ninjer. He was a ninjer first and still swears by it. I don't know if he still truly thinks it's A-okay or if he just pretends it's awesome because he gets paid to teach it. Either way, he's a knucklehead in my book.

Same deal with Krav. Dead uke training is dead uke training. No amount of effort to justify it will suffice. If someone can fight despite wasting a portion of their training time, it doesn't change a thing.
    I have a quick question, if I may have the indulgence. I assume that you currently train BJJ and/or MMA, correct?

Did you train in some other martial art prior to this?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/07/2013 3:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    I have a quick question, if I may have the indulgence. I assume that you currently train BJJ and/or MMA, correct?

Did you train in some other martial art prior to this?

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
    Let's assume I've never trained a day in my life, which means my arguments against Krav Maga will be easily countered if incorrect. No martial arts master is going to have his effective and valid training methodologies poked full of holes by a mere scrub, is he?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:16am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let's assume I've never trained a day in my life
    Let's assume that that doesn't answer my question. Because, you know, it doesn't.

which means my arguments against Krav Maga will be easily countered if incorrect. No martial arts master is going to have his effective and valid training methodologies poked full of holes by a mere scrub, is he?
    I don't really care about KM. I don't personally know anyone who does it and any interest I may have in KM is extremely weak and purely academic. I'm not defending KM. I want to know a bit about your background, that's all.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to know a bit about your background, that's all.
    No.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:19am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No.....
    Telling.

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Telling.
    Yes. I know nothing. Yet nobody here can successfully defend the merits of Krav Maga against me. Quite telling, indeed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:41am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. I know nothing. Yet nobody here can successfully defend the merits of Krav Maga against me. Quite telling, indeed.
    Also telling because I already stated that I don't care about KM. Truthfully, I agree that the KM I've been exposed to is crap. Have I ever tried to look for "good KM"? No. Because I don't care that much.

But that's not what I was asking about. I asked about your martial arts background. I want to understand where you're coming from, your experience, and your perspective.

I told you that I don't care about KM and asked about your MA history. You refused. That tells me something about you. Not the answer to my question, but it is something.

Despite that I've already said that I don't care about KM and my question is unrelated to KM, you seem to be intent on making about KM.

That is also telling.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 7:49am

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Despite that I've already said that I don't care about KM and my question is unrelated to KM, you seem to be intent on making about KM.

That is also telling.
    I'm going to way out on a limb here and guess that's because this is a krav maga thread.

Posted On:
    10/08/2013 8:06am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also telling because I already stated that I don't care about KM. Truthfully, I agree that the KM I've been exposed to is crap. Have I ever tried to look for "good KM"? No. Because I don't care that much.

But that's not what I was asking about. I asked about your martial arts background. I want to understand where you're coming from, your experience, and your perspective.

I told you that I don't care about KM and asked about your MA history. You refused. That tells me something about you. Not the answer to my question, but it is something.

That is also telling.

Wow, you're not very bright are you? If you're not interested in Krav Maga, why are you posting in a Krav Maga thread? Why are you interested in me? Do you have some bone to pick and you feel you can accomplish it better by discrediting me? If so, I have handed that to you on a silver platter. I have made no claims about my own martial arts experience or skill.

Otherwise I must assume you're just interested in me because you want to be my boyfriend.