Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 8:00pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple fix to you shooting low and to the left. Do not pull the trigger.

Step 1. Inhale
    Step 2. Squeeze the trigger.

Take a bal in your hand, mimic your finger in the well on the trigger. Now squeeze the ball, notice how all your fingers move? Now practice it a bit Next time you are at the range, do the exact movement.

If all works out right, you won't be pressing with too much pressure with your trigger finger and aiming left. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 9:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm familiar with inhaling and trigger squeeze from my extensive (read: laughable) M9 training with the Air Force. Practice is what's going to make perfect. Towards the end of the night, I was just shooting low but center.

Thankfully, I have fixed sites, so there won't be any dicking around with adjustments. All in all though, I'm in love with the weapon, and may be picking up my C&C because of it. I've been waiting on a S&W 686+ for a while now, but this will keep me very happy until then.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 10:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Yeah, I'm familiar with inhaling and trigger squeeze from my extensive (read: laughable) M9 training with the Air Force. Practice is what's going to make perfect. Towards the end of the night, I was just shooting low but center.

Thankfully, I have fixed sites, so there won't be any dicking around with adjustments. All in all though, I'm in love with the weapon, and may be picking up my C&C because of it. I've been waiting on a S&W 686+ for a while now, but this will keep me very happy until then.
    Good to hear, that is one fine weapon. I've been thinking on what to replace my Ed Brown 1911, and was looking at RI. I'm just to in love with my Springfield Armory TRP Operator.
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 10:42pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    Good to hear, that is one fine weapon.
    Is it wrong that I get a little bit happier every time I read something like this?

:crybaby2: I need a trustworthy shooting buddy who can take me to the range and pay my range fee in trade for computer training and/or writing improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandinha View Post
    I've been thinking on what to replace my Ed Brown 1911, and was looking at RI.
    What is the story on your Ed Brown?

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie Evergreen View Post
    Is it wrong that I get a little bit happier every time I read something like this?

:crybaby2: I need a trustworthy shooting buddy who can take me to the range and pay my range fee in trade for computer training and/or writing improvement.

What is the story on your Ed Brown?
    I sold it. I went on a rampage selling off fire arms, I just had too many and was moving. It was an Ed Brown Kobra Carry. Beautiful gun, but I just didn't have the feel for it like I did my TRP.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So anyone ever buy CMC Mags? I just got an 8rd magazine for my RI now from the BX for $18. It fits beautifully, with no extended lip at the bottom, but I know magazines are always finnicky with 1911s.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 5:12pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    So anyone ever buy CMC Mags? I just got an 8rd magazine for my RI now from the BX for $18. It fits beautifully, with no extended lip at the bottom, but I know magazines are always finnicky with 1911s.
    I have three, though two of them are so new that I can't comment on their function.

The one I can comment on is the one I've had as long as I've had my pistol, it stays loaded for a month every other month, and it's performed as well as I can ask for. It has only had about 25 rounds fired from it, and I haven't buried it in mud or run it over with a truck, but it works fine and was the magazine I used to test the function of CCI shotshells in my RIA (they functioned perfectly with the stock recoil spring).*

*Maybe it's because I'm punchy from exhaustion, but I just laughed heartily imagining myself looking to the sky and yelling "Kali!" after shooting a bad guy with my Filipino pistol.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123