Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 3:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you complete BUD/S and NOT be a SEAL ?
    Could he have washed out ? ( rang the bell)
    Would they have a record of ALL that TRAINED but were from different branches of the armed forces?

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 3:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think BlacksmithSEAL would be a good person to answer that.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. Check the story on Jesse Ventura. Graduated BUD/S but never served on teams. As far as authentiseal is concerned, he's a SEAL.

But read Shadow Bear's history. He was Force Recon, SEALs, SFOD-D...Which service was he in?

At this point, I believe this is crafted to be purposefully vague. And trying to impress people with a civilian military I.D. is just weird. If he was the real thing, he would know better than that.

On top of that, suggesting that WE are being investigated for asking proof of his claims is ridiculous. If you can claim it, you can prove it. I know what a 75 year non-disclosure agreement looks like...
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 3:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh man, just wait until this jackass opens up a school......

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 3:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pardon the pun, but something smells fishy about this guy.
    I am sure the list of military personnel that has "crossed over" into so many "elite" branchs must be VERY small.
    So it should be VERY easy to confirm what he has said, although it doesn't seem it needs confirming, this guy seems to be evasive on purpose, which doesn't say much for him.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:00pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Spook6HOG
    They called me Piglet.
    Just noticed this post...Piglet is military jargon for personnel who train with a specialty unit but have not completed the qualification course. Piglets become hogs after qual. I guess the coded message here is that he perhaps trained with, but is now backing off claims as being qualified as member of an elite unit or units. Can't see any other logic in this post.

No dishonor in being a piglet (unless of course you claim to be a HOG). My guess is that he was some grunt from 3/9 who spent a few training days with recon or a STA platoon. Perhaps dreamed about jump wings, ranger tab, trident, etc. Read alot of books on the units, but never had the balls to make it reality.

He's the poor soul who's got to wake up and look at his face in the mirror everyday and be reminded that he'll never be the man he wishes he was.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a 1SG who trained with SEAL teams for awhile. It's rare, but not impossible. And I guess the HALO and Jumpmaster badges were enough for him that he never needed to claim anything else...But I'd almost believe anything a soldier with a HALO badge says.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come to think of it, why didn't Shadow Bear claim HALO as well? I certainly couldn't check that....:D

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:27pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My guess is that Limp Shaddy Bear is a (nasty, stinking) LEG and didn't know what HALO was.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was a leg...*sniff*.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 ... LastLast