Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Unexpected Elbow

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 7:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I know WHY he told us. But that's not something someone who want's to stay under the radar would do. So I call BULLSHIDO, as many other's have.
    "The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall." - Mitch Hedberg

El Guapo says dance!

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 9:09pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by brandeissansoo
    Yep. That's exactly what I was thinking. He's going to open a school in Corona, CA. When he does that I'm pretty sure his real name will have to be a matter of public record, no?
    If California is like Connecticut and requires a business licience for a sole proprietorship (doing/business/as) yes. Of course he could always be so dodgy that he does not incorporate his operation or even obtain a business licience. (Talk to your town clerk for the requirements for doing the latter) The other trick is to wait until he rents property and invent some excuse to try and get access to the rental agreement which should be in his name.

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 9:11pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He wants respect.
    then he certainly ended up in the wrong place.

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 9:30pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This guy is a total flake. Don't need a background check to figure that out. As for all of his claims, if he really did all the things he's put out on public forums, he'd be the most famous guy in SOCOM, especially with a name like 'Shadow Bear', which is the icing on the bullshit cake. I pointblank asked him if he knew the first name of a Delta guy I know for a fact was with them from 1985 to 1999. Predictably, he didn't, just more bullshit about offering to have a shooting contest with me using blow-up **** dolls or something bizarre like that.

I would highly recommend NOT taking any kind of instruction in anything from this wacko.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 9:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you know for a fact that anyone is with delta?

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 10:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What he said.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

The Man with No Neck

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trust me, Tim, I knew the guy was for real. It's actually quite funny to see two military guys from the same community (ie. flying, SOF, infantry, etc...) who meet for the first time doing the human version of sniffing each other buttholes. I basically asked him about a few guys I knew from exercises, planning cells, etc... and he did the same with me. After we established our bona fides, then we could relax and exchange 'there I was. . .' stories.
    "I had once talked to Billy Conn, the boxer, about professionals versus amateurs - specifically street fighters. One had always heard rumors of champions being taken out by back-alley fighters. Conn was scornful. "Aw, it's like hitting a girl," he said. "They're nothing."

- George Plimpton
    "Shadow Box"

Posted On:
    3/08/2004 11:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure he was, but I wanted to know how you know. There are a lot of people out there that claim things like that...

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 8:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Vargas
    It's actually quite funny to see two military guys from the same community (ie. flying, SOF, infantry, etc...) who meet for the first time doing the human version of sniffing each other buttholes. I basically asked him about a few guys I knew from exercises, planning cells, etc... and he did the same with me. After we established our bona fides, then we could relax and exchange 'there I was. . .' stories.
    LOL. Funny, but true. As Wastrel has said, you can usually determine who is genuine within the first two sentences.

Posted On:
    3/09/2004 9:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: TSK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure he was, but I wanted to know how you know. There are a lot of people out there that claim things like that...
    As Vargas drives these guys to work and lives in the same "community", I trust he has had ample opportunity to meet operators.
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 LastLast