Posted On:
    3/08/2012 1:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Karate (kyokushin)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Koga Ryu Ninjutsu "Shadow Warrior Dojo" ( Netherlands ) Sensei Titus Jansen

Koga Ryu Ninjutsu, Netherlands

This is a review of the "Kage Ryu Dojo" in the Netherlands, this school is located in the north of Holland and is founded by Sensei Titus Mathijn Jansen (33 years old) a seemingly famous ninja master. You can find much about this guy on Youtube or google with search terms: "Sensei Titus Jansen"

Sensei Titus Mathijn Jansen is a very overweighted guy and his weight is around 130 Kilo's but nevertheless he is a ninjitsu instructor in my Neighborhood so that is why i tried more lessons to see what this is.

Sensei Titus Jansen is a very famous martial arts person in the Netherlands, and he is a personal student of grandmaster Ashida Kim from the U.S.A. ( Chris Hunter )

ABOUT "KAGE RYU DOJO" (Titus Jansen)
    Aliveness:

1:They have sparring at very light contact and full contact sparring
    2. Weapons, stealth, climbing and many one on one techniques, partner drills and other mystic stuff ( Kuji Kiri )

Equipment:

Sensei Titus Jansen has all the ninja materials but he gives the advice to all students to buy their own equipment like swords, ninja gi, shuriken, blowguns and much more.

Gym Size:

We trained in a bigg gymnastics (physical education) room at the Stikkerlaan 6 in Winschoten City Netherlands Europe

Instructor/Student ratio:

12 students classes, instructor is highly qualified he has a 3rd degree black belt from the Black Dragon Society (Ashida Kim ninjitsu group). Sensei Titus Jansen is teaching together with his best student: Sempai Roberto, Mr Roberto is an assistent instructor for Titus Jansen.

Atmosphere/Attitude

Very good atmosphere Sensei Titus Jansen is the boss though and all the students follow exactly his way. But he is a very nice and social guy, this also counts for Sensei Roberto his assistant in ninjutsu.

Striking instruction

We learned very much striking, eagle claws, shuto's, horizontal and vertical punches, finger spears, extended knuckle fists and many more

Grappling Instruction

Very lame grappling instruction by Sensei Titus Jansen, Mr Jansen is a very overweighted guy so in his example he took younger much thinner students to give the examples with. A bit weird as it looked!

Weapons:

Much weapons, sword, staff, blowguns, shuriken, kyoketsu shogei, metsubishi and many other weapons following the Koga Ryu Ninjitsu principles.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 6:14pm

Style: American Kenpo, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello Jan, and welcome.
    Please conduct a search on Ashida Kim on this site. You will be less suprised by the flames that will inevitably follow.

Nee, echt, die kerel is geen moer waard.

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    3/08/2012 6:21pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    12 students classes, instructor is highly qualified he has a 3rd degree black belt from the Black Dragon Society (Ashida Kim ninjitsu group).
    Does the school have a webpage or a biography page that you could link for us?

1:They have sparring at very light contact and full contact sparring
    Could you elaborate on the light and full contact sparring, please? Talk me through what takes place during a sparring session.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 1:54am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your style field says Kyukushin. Why not ninjitsu? Where did you train Kyokushin? Are you still training Kyokushin or did you just switch to ninjitsu? If you switched, dear God why?

Here is this thread: everyone will say ninjitsu is nonsense, some of them only after politely asking about your training (see above). There will emerge a consensus (it is dormant as of yet but quite fully formed) that your hard sparring is either not really hard sparring or, at best, is equivalent to hard sparring between absolute beginners, and that furthermore all of the techniques you are learning are useless, apart from those that are just very poorly taught (for example, the Head Ninja may well teach straight punches, but is no more qualified to do so than I am to perform open-heart surgery).

Personally I find the idea of someone switching from Kyokushin to ninjitsu so ridiculous that I would wager a testicle on your being a troll. That said I am of course hoping that you are a reasonable person who wants to talk reasonably about this very unreasonable school. And how fun, an Ashida Kim thread! Who cares if you're a troll, you'll get your dopamine from riling us up and we'll get ours from repeating things we love to explain. Also from being very, very rude.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 3:40pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing-Kwan-Fu View Post
    Your style field says Kyukushin. Why not ninjitsu? Where did you train Kyokushin? Are you still training Kyokushin or did you just switch to ninjitsu? If you switched, dear God why?

Here is this thread: everyone will say ninjitsu is nonsense, some of them only after politely asking about your training (see above). There will emerge a consensus (it is dormant as of yet but quite fully formed) that your hard sparring is either not really hard sparring or, at best, is equivalent to hard sparring between absolute beginners, and that furthermore all of the techniques you are learning are useless, apart from those that are just very poorly taught (for example, the Head Ninja may well teach straight punches, but is no more qualified to do so than I am to perform open-heart surgery).

Personally I find the idea of someone switching from Kyokushin to ninjitsu so ridiculous that I would wager a testicle on your being a troll. That said I am of course hoping that you are a reasonable person who wants to talk reasonably about this very unreasonable school. And how fun, an Ashida Kim thread! Who cares if you're a troll, you'll get your dopamine from riling us up and we'll get ours from repeating things we love to explain. Also from being very, very rude.
    Sir, I take that bet!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 3:44pm

Style: Shaolin, Goshin Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For anyone who is unaware, the corpulent Koga crusader that is Titus Jansen has been discussed previously. Search function.

Personally, I found it hard to believe that someone so fat could be a ninja, but then I figured hell, if AK says he's legit, then he must be good.

Also, if anyone is need of three belts, it is almost certainly Tits Jansen.

Posted On:
    3/09/2012 3:52pm

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh my sweet Lord...

This is why Rock Ape never should've moved the stickies...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2012 12:40am

Style: Standup, Ground-fighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, battheo: we need someone to hold one of each of our testicles in escrow.

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    3/12/2012 6:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to adress you in dutch:

Heb je enig idee bij wat voor een topmongool je hebt getrained?
    Je hebt jezelf zojuist onsterfelijk belachelijk gemaakt!

Jansen is bekend hier, en 't feit dat je hem serieus neemt kan twee dingen betekenen: of je bent te dom om te schijten, of je bent een trol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2012 7:05pm

Style: BJJ & Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    I'm going to adress you in dutch:

Heb je enig idee bij wat voor een topmongool je hebt getrained?
    Je hebt jezelf zojuist onsterfelijk belachelijk gemaakt!

Jansen is bekend hier, en 't feit dat je hem serieus neemt kan twee dingen betekenen: of je bent te dom om te schijten, of je bent een trol.

So it's already known there that he isn't worth much?

en best grappig om hier voor een keer nederlands te leren.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast