Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Bassline to the Mainline

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 10:34am

Style: JamBoxer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what I read, Aoki was the main instigator of the drama. He fired the first blow of vocal bowel movements. Hirota to my knowledge said nothing more after being prodded by Aoki who among other things pretended to not even know who Hirota was and tell interrupt him during a press question by saying "Ha, HEY YOU BE QUIET YOU!" Also mentioning that the fact that he had to face Hirota was a disgrace to him and Aoki's family.

But I think allot of what it boils down to is that Hirota tooled the **** out of a training partner and one of Aokis best friends who's name escapes me when I am still have drunk on new years morning. I will edit later when I find the name. But I can only guess there was a good possibility of some behind the scenes **** talking that might have gotten heavy as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube- Aoki vs Hirota

at 2:11 the shoulder pops out and Hirota doesn't tap
    I would've given him the finger too

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    That was what I was wondering. What happened in the press conference? Normally Aoki is pretty laid back.

I still love to see him fight. I'm pissed about the Sokouju fight. That was fucking ridiculous. And Goodrich sucks!
    Covered pretty well here:

Trash Talks In DREAM vs Sengoku Dynamite!! Presser - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 1:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In regards to the Sokoudjou-Minowa fight, a part of me was all like "Yay, Minowaman!" But another part of me was all like "Wow, what a boring fight, I don't know why both fighters are so reluctant to engage, and maybe that stoppage was a bit premature." That was the first match I've seen where the fighters both got TWO yellow cards (ouch).

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 1:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jason Miller = Commentator class act.

"So, [Minowa's] tactic was to lull us all into sleep, and then strike when his opponent was about to faint from boredom?" [More or less direct quote.]

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 4:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinya Aoki
    "After my fight, I was excited, and so I did something rude that I should apologize for. But that showed just how excited I was over that fight."

"When I had his arm behind his back, I could feel it popping. I thought, 'Well, this guy's pride just won't let him tap, will it?' So without hesitation, I broke it. I heard it break, and I thought, 'Ah, there, I just broke it.' I was stopped afterward, but even if I hadn't been, continuing to break it more would have been fine by me."

"Dream got a solid win [with my victory over Hirota], so that was good, but we finished off Sengoku. Although Sengoku was already finished from the very beginning."

"When Sasahara tells me to go and do something, I do it, and that's how I live my life. If Sasahara tells me to go to Strikeforce and take them out or 'Go and kill that guy,' I'm going to do it. Even if he tells me to go take out Tanigawa, I'd do that too."
    http://middleeasy.com/index.php?opti...rticle&id=1267

Do you think he's trying to just get more noise in the press? Get some attention by turning into a bad boy? I think this goes well beyond just revenge for harsh words or beating up a training partner. Still, I can't wait to see him start tearing it up in Strikeforce.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:00pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic View Post
    But I think allot of what it boils down to is that Hirota tooled the **** out of a training partner and one of Aokis best friends who's name escapes me when I am still have drunk on new years morning. I will edit later when I find the name. But I can only guess there was a good possibility of some behind the scenes **** talking that might have gotten heavy as well.
    That training partner was Satoru Kitaoka:
    YouTube- Mizuto Hirota vs. Satoru Kitaoka (Sengoku 9)

After the fight, Kitaoka vomited a bunch of times due to the knees, so it was a pretty brutal finish.

As for Dynamite, I thought it was a pretty good card. Gono beating Mach surprised me a lot, but it looks like Mach's heart still isn't in it. I was pretty happy that Omigawa beat Takaya, especially since it wasn't by another questionable decision. Also, both the Tokoro-Kim and the Kanehara-Kid fights were awesome. Overall, I thought the card was great.

So, which fight do you guys think will happen first, Aoki-Melendez or Aoki-Kawajiri?

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 1:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only one who thought that Kid looked like a broad-shouldered dwarf next to Kanehara?

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 11:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This picture will be of good use in conversations. When your pissed you just post it and everyone will know.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast