Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 1:59am

Style: Judo n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karateman911 View Post
    Odinist have martial pursuits because their religion is a faith of strength and power (look into their history). Pagan Scandanavia was riddled with tribal warfare and human sacrafices.

Christianity outlawed human sacrfices and brought order and sanity into the land. These people live in America which is a Lawful nation--one that has laws and not cult sacrifice or village pillaging. So these people are probably supremacists who would like to see this country become from "God Bless America" to "Hail Odin!"

They are full of crap. The only reason why they live in peace is because of this nation's Lawful culture. If this was a pure Odinist nation it would be like living in ancient Mexico or the Gaza strip--a **** hole filled with violence.
    Sorry couldn't resist but I fixed your erroneous statement.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:02am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I think the title of this thread may be wrong, as 'Odinist' refers to the racist movement. Asatru follows the same ideas without the white supremacy, although I'm not really a scholar on the subject.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:06am

Style: Norse Death Hugging

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Odinist have martial pursuits because their religion is a faith of strength and power (look into their history). Pagan Scandanavia was riddled with tribal warfare and human sacrafices.

Christianity outlawed human sacrfices and brought order and sanity into the land. These people live in America which is a Christian nation--one that has laws and not cult sacrifice or village pillaging. So these people are probably supremacists who would like to see this country become from "God Bless America" to "Hail Odin!"

They are full of crap. The only reason why they live in peace is because of this nation's Christian culture. If this was a pure Odinist nation it would be like living in ancient Mexico or the Gaza strip--a **** hole filled with violence.
    I love this type of propaganda.

Especially as it willfully ignores human sacrifices that have occurred in America, in the name of God, namely witch burnings.

Methinks karateman should be quiet, or research more.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerFu View Post
    I love this type of propaganda.

Especially as it willfully ignores human sacrifices that have occurred in America, in the name of God, namely witch burnings.

Methinks karateman should be quiet, or research more.
    As far as I am aware, the Salem witch trials were events largely driven by Christian stigma towards witchcraft. These executions were not sacrifices to God, and I feel to say they are is a flagrant lie.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:26am

Style: Rib-Pain-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    As far as I am aware, the Salem witch trials were events largely driven by Christian stigma towards witchcraft. These executions were not sacrifices to God, and I feel to say they are is a flagrant lie.
    Thank you.

And to those who disagree to what I said--look at the liberty bell.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:36am

Style: Fiore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey View Post
    'Odinist' is often codeword for 'cultural essentialist/white supremacist/reactionary.
    My own experience with individual members of the OR is that their politics varied. But with the context of American Asatru it does seem that those who identify as Odinist are often of the Nazitru bent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:38am

Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even ONANISTS like BJJ

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickapoo View Post
    Also, I think the title of this thread may be wrong, as 'Odinist' refers to the racist movement. Asatru follows the same ideas without the white supremacy, although I'm not really a scholar on the subject.
    Many who identify as Odinist are what we call Nazitru. But it's not universal. Also I use the word Odinist because this how the OR identifies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Christianity outlawed human sacrfices and brought order and sanity into the land. These people live in America which is a Christian nation--one that has laws and not cult sacrifice or village pillaging. So these people are probably supremacists who would like to see this country become from "God Bless America" to "Hail Odin!"

They are full of crap. The only reason why they live in peace is because of this nation's Christian culture. If this was a pure Odinist nation it would be like living in ancient Mexico or the Gaza strip--a **** hole filled with violence.
    Karateman try getting your hands on Rudolf Simek's Dictionary of Northern Mythology. I think you may benefit from it.

Sick double leg.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 2:48am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrsmann View Post
    Many who identify as Odinist are what we call Nazitru. But it's not universal. Also I use the word Odinist because this how the OR identifies.
    Thank you for clarifying. Nazitru is the racist sect, and otherwise it is not? I'm not an expert on this subject matter.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast