Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 3:44pm

Style: Thai Box / Ex - WT, EBMAS

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Historical Fencing - Training Zornhau techniques

I am reposting this video here as It was advise to me. And I would like to hear your opinions about that video :-) (video is made by couple of my friends )

YouTube- Training Zornhau techniques

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 3:48am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks good! Very dynamic presentation, great choice of camera angles and the dramatic music helps to sell the style. Well done.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2009 4:33am

Style: HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Although I like the whole clip, I especially like the very first technique where the fighter the closest to the camera moves really quickly into something like Hengen-Duplieren-Mutieren, even if it does not end well for him. Great speed and intensity! :)

And yes, the music is extremely well chosen too. Excellent work!
    Last edited by Grimnir69; 12/25/2009 4:36am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 3:27pm

Style: ARMA, Antagonistics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome video. You guys have great speed and intensity in your actions, and show no fear of the winden! Nice music too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's going to take me quite some time to get to that level of proficiency. The speed, intensity, and aggression is great to see. Excellent video!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 9:49am

Style: WMA - German Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice. I like it. Only comment is watch the posture. you get hunched over at times. That means if someone gets into wrestling your gonna have a disadvantage. Tilt your hips back to straighten the spine and you'll be in a much better posture.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 1:54pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny, I saw the exact opposite. There are times when the fencers were becoming too tall/upright & as they wound they were leaning backward in a way that compromised their balance & leverage. You can see it repeated from the 26-second mark through the 40-second mark. It’s a sort of “baby Huey” posture where the fencer is leading with his belly. It seemed a consistent pattern with that winding & I don’t think it’s necessary or beneficial to it.

Also, at 1:31 the fencers are circling & crossing their feet. That’s a fairly self-limiting step & one that interferes with someone’s ability to wrestle as well as the power generation with their cuts.

On the Whole, I was impressed by this video, but those are my nit-picking critiques.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 2:38pm

Style: aikido, medieval fencing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello
    It is a very good effort.
    The strikes have a good line lines, you do not use overly big movements. And what you do is sound in the context you are doing it. My only objection is that you seldom close his direct line when you hit him. In my opinion you can not relay of a thrust to be incapacitating.
    Now you see in all of you set up the baddy attack from too far away. So he almost always reaches you in long point and over extended.
    From a purely technical standpoint, It could be argued that it is better to stayed out of range and take his hand off or shielding his long point which will close his line of attack. But really that’s not my point

What you do works because he is over-extended and this is why you are safe and do not need to close the line.
    That type of attack is really like the typical aikido or any thrust punch.

phil

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2010 9:21am

Style: WMA - German Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBG-ape View Post
    Funny, I saw the exact opposite. There are times when the fencers were becoming too tall/upright & as they wound they were leaning backward in a way that compromised their balance & leverage. You can see it repeated from the 26-second mark through the 40-second mark. It’s a sort of “baby Huey” posture where the fencer is leading with his belly. It seemed a consistent pattern with that winding & I don’t think it’s necessary or beneficial to it.
    I agree that is another fault in the posture. Both are symptoms of the same problem. The are not using the footwork correctly and breaking posture to compensate. It's an easily fixable fault with some good drills.