Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 8:46am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Only balked at it being right (two days) before the event. I think.

Here let me show you the articles.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=4766171

"We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken, and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn't want the fight."

Now, coupled with his feeling from the earlier interview, I wonder what is going on.

Not sure what to believe anymore.
    Yep.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:01am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I'm fully prepared to believe Floyd is a dick who loves messing with people's heads, I really don't want to believe that Manny is anything other than a saintly philanthropist who got where he is on talent and industry. Why do I have a horrible feeling that I'm about to have my naive illusions shattered?

Your average fan is still going to hate Floyd for it, but if any of these wild speculations ever come to hold water, he will have done boxing a great favor.

And if it goes ahead, Floyd wins on points. Agree with Alex that he's one of the best, if not the best ever, in his particular style of play.

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:14am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    THIS FIGHT WILL HAPPEN.
    But only when Mayweather gets every little advantage he can manage.

Pacquaio is in my opinion the most entertaining boxer of this current era, but he'll struggle with Mayweather should they fight.
    Those that watched the Manny vs Marquiz fights will know that a decent counter puncher stands a good chance against the Filippino and Mayweather is more than just decent.

This is why if Manny Vs happens i would expect Mayweather to win and win convincingly.

Styles make fights and Pacquaio vs Mayweather would probably be a 12 round game of cat and mouse not the classic that some are hoping for.

Mayweather should fight Shane Mosley the WELTERWEIGHT champion but he wont.
    My money would be on Moseley to beat Mayweather but we all know that fight is just not going to happen. Mayweather has skills but he seems to lack courage or desire when it comes to picking opponents.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 10:15am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not on March 13.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 11:08am

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    shut up fuckwit, Floyd is one of the best defensively styled boxers ever born. possibly THE best. you dont like how he fights? lots of people dont, but lets face it- guy doesnt lose. and this fight? i see no reason for him to be afraid of Manny, who is smaller and has the same style of fighting that Manny has the answer for. I dont see Floyd losing this, if it happens.
    **** off, find me one example of Mayweather being a great boxer, period. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Exactly asshat, every compliment you ever can find about Bitchyboy says he's the best defensive boxer ever, the best at his style, excellent long-distance runner (Okay, maybe you wont actually find that one.) You can't find it without the qualifier. My point being, the fucker is great at not getting hit, but... That's it, he can't do **** else. I said the fucker couldn't box I didn't down on his endurance. He runs his mouth like he's Rocky Marciano reincarnate and then he fights like Usain Bolt with a pitbull on his heels.

Add on top of that, he hand picks every opponent and wont fight the ones who can actually hang with him. Hmm, like Pacquio! The people who could take away that single part of the game and expose him as a can crusher. Fighting people who are nowhere near his level or fighting people after their prime is the only way Floyd manages to keep his aura of skill. (And by the way, that's got to be mostly his management cause if you ever listen to this dumb ***** open his mouth he can't possibly be smart enough to work out a strategy on his own.) Floyd sucks, he's a ***** and people in the know know it.

The only reason "Money" (I think B-hop is the one who started the "Prettyboy" thing ;) ) is even held up to be as good as he is is because he's the so called "Last hope of boxing." Mayweather is a puss bitch who must handpick his opponents to appear skillfull. Lucikily for me, he will (and already has started to) prove me right. This fight will never happen, and it's all because Floyd is a chickenshit.

EDIT: BTW replace every instance of the word fight with box. Because well.....

EDIT2: Need more evidence Mayweather is a talentless bitch? I invite you to peruse this thread. Mayweather OWNED by RA the Rugged Man - No BS MMA and Martial Arts I'm gonna stop now cause I could make a whole fucking website on why Floyd is a hack.
    Last edited by fourTwenty; 1/11/2010 11:13am at .

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 12:11pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fourTwenty View Post
    **** off, find me one example of Mayweather being a great boxer, period. Go ahead, I'll wait.
    YouTube- Floyd Mayweather vs. Diego Corrales
    Back when Mayweather was the 'underdog'.
    Ok you were'nt talking to me but i think you went a little over board. Of course Mayweather is a great boxer, he's one of the most technically gifted fighting today.

And Mayweather WILL fight Pacqaiuo.
    Last edited by Kambei Shimada; 1/11/2010 12:29pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mayweather is a greatly skilled fighter, no doubt. But he does pick his opponents carefully ..as did many other fighters who were regarded as some of the best of their eras ie. Roy Jones Jr.
    Personally, I hate it when fighters claim they are 'retiring' then sit and wait for big money fights to come their way. If you are going to retire, then retire.
    PBF is alot like Pernell Whittaker was when he was on top , except he can actually TKO people and not just win on points through ultra evasive boxing.
    This whole thing is a damn shame and just another black eye on a sport that doesn't need any more shiners.
    Like many others on here, I just don't know what to believe anymore. All I know is that I still find that I am often entertained by the 'no name' fights on ESPN every week.These guys are getting in and slugging it out for $10 or $15,000 and often put on a great show. So there is always good boxing to watch, no matter what is happening with the celebrities of the sport.
    Anyone watch Karmazin VS. Miranda last week? Great fight, nice comeback TKO for the Russian.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 6:22pm

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
    Mayweather is a great boxer, he's one of the most technically gifted fighting today.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    PBF is alot like Pernell Whittaker ...

:suicide:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:12pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fourTwenty View Post
    Does Ring Mags best pound for pound '05 to '08 list count?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:16pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    6 belts, 5 weight classes.

So his picking his fights. If he fights Pac-Man then we will all see. I think he needs Mosley.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast