Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 5:10pm

Style: Backyard Crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ali could actually box as well.

Floyd doesn't want this fight to happen and it never will because of it.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is turning into a PR nightmare for Manny though, because he's looking like the dodger.
    Its ridiculous..I can't believe it.
    At the end of the day, Boxing fans and even moreso, the casual observer, will be like "Well, why would he blow a $40 million dollar pay day just because he has to give some blood 2 weeks before a fight?He must have something to hide." When, in actuality, it is all based on Manny's somewhat illogical fear of needles ? Or perhaps he's afraid something crooked will get done with the results?
    All I know is this is a damn shame and I can't see Manny using banned substances.It doesn't make sense.
    If PBF's camp is just doing all this because Mayweather truly doesn't want this fight to happen then he is one of the biggest cowards (and assholes) in the history of Boxing.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 6:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I keep hearing accusations of EPO use by Pacquiao, which I guess is some kind of endurance enhancer? It's like they did a lot of searching for any sort of substance that:

1. does not cause an increase in weight gain
    2. is difficult to detect in urine, or must be detected in blood
    3. can be used without consequence given the 24-day time frame

I'd never heard of these before talks of the superfight started happening, which makes me wonder just how popular are EPOs in reality. Have these ever been found in use for boxers, or even athletes in general? It sounds like an incredibly obscure drug that they found fits the scenario, then pulled in medical experts to cast more doubt on Manny's position.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 9:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I keep hearing accusations of EPO use by Pacquiao, which I guess is some kind of endurance enhancer? It's like they did a lot of searching for any sort of substance that:

1. does not cause an increase in weight gain
    2. is difficult to detect in urine, or must be detected in blood
    3. can be used without consequence given the 24-day time frame

I'd never heard of these before talks of the superfight started happening, which makes me wonder just how popular are EPOs in reality. Have these ever been found in use for boxers, or even athletes in general? It sounds like an incredibly obscure drug that they found fits the scenario, then pulled in medical experts to cast more doubt on Manny's position.
    EPO use is extremely common and problematic in competitive cycling and other heavily endurance based sports.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 9:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does it have a history in boxing though? If it was used by boxers, I would understand the need to use more stringent testing, but as far as I know, this is the first time the accusation has been leveled in this sport.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 10:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    it probably is heavily used, and i wouldnt be surprised at all if Manny was using it. im a bit of a glass half empty guy when it comes to sports and doping though. its the kind of thing that would be exceptionally useful in boxing particularly when these guys are in divisions so getting big from roids may not be the best thing to do.

people can call mayweather an asshole for it but at the end of the day, if the fight doesnt happen because manny refuses to do the test because he doesnt like needles- hes a fucking *****, or he is hiding something. and i really dont think a guy like manny is gonna be that afraid of needles.

also,
    Ali could actually box as well.

Floyd doesn't want this fight to happen and it never will because of it
    shut up fuckwit, Floyd is one of the best defensively styled boxers ever born. possibly THE best. you dont like how he fights? lots of people dont, but lets face it- guy doesnt lose. and this fight? i see no reason for him to be afraid of Manny, who is smaller and has the same style of fighting that Manny has the answer for. I dont see Floyd losing this, if it happens.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 12:28am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

Officially done.

The needle thing is weird. What I have read is he balks at the random Olympic testing that can happen up to the day before the event.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 1:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only balked at it being right (two days) before the event. I think. Not sure what to believe anymore.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 1:43am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    it probably is heavily used, and i wouldnt be surprised at all if Manny was using it. im a bit of a glass half empty guy when it comes to sports and doping though. its the kind of thing that would be exceptionally useful in boxing particularly when these guys are in divisions so getting big from roids may not be the best thing to do.

people can call mayweather an asshole for it but at the end of the day, if the fight doesnt happen because manny refuses to do the test because he doesnt like needles- hes a fucking *****, or he is hiding something. and i really dont think a guy like manny is gonna be that afraid of needles.

also,

shut up fuckwit, Floyd is one of the best defensively styled boxers ever born. possibly THE best. you dont like how he fights? lots of people dont, but lets face it- guy doesnt lose. and this fight? i see no reason for him to be afraid of Manny, who is smaller and has the same style of fighting that Manny has the answer for. I dont see Floyd losing this, if it happens.

Floyd only never loses because he's meticulous about picking his fights. When was the last time you saw him fight a legitimate threat when they were on top of their game? Manny would be the first one in a long time.

I think Manny takes it if it goes through.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 1:47am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Until the mediator releases gag order on the negotiations, no one will know what the real sticking point was.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast