Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 10:33am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Arum says Pacquiao-Mayweather is off

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/boxin...OE=click-refer

This kind of brinkmanship bollocks always happens in negotiations, so I wouldn't put too much store in it, but I would like to know if anyone has any thoughts on why Pacquiao would be so averse to having his blood pulled. Is he simply scared of needles, or is it that testing before a fight means a whole anti-doping circus and a day out of training?

The only reason I ask is that it seems to me that Golden Boy fighters in particular are into messing around with blood transfusions and stuff - look at De La Hoya just before Manny beat him.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 11:15am

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arum is a douche, but he's a good promoter. He's going to play up every little thing he can to make it seem like the fight might fall through to attract more and more attention. This is how to get rich folks. take notes.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 11:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    as far as Manny not wanting to have blood drawn THIRTY DAYS BEFORE THE FIGHT it's very reasonable.

He might have the same problem I do. It's not really a fear of needles or even blood despite it's classification of "hemophobia", but it is something serious.

Whenever I have blood drawn or an I.V. put in my arm my blood pressure drops dangerously low and often results in nurses panicking despite the pre-warning I give them. Sometimes I pass out, sometimes I can fight it, and it's 100% psychological, but there's nothing I can do to completely stop it. My body is often drained for a couple days after I have blood drawn, and I definitely can't train. Missing a couple days training is huge for a fight of that magnitude.

Not sure if he has a problem like I do, but even if he just gets slightly drained he shouldn't have to do that so close to the fight. He agree to do it both earlier and immediately following the fight, as well as a urine test at anytime. I don't see why that is unreasonable. I know if I were in his shoes I would be inclined to put my foot down in the exact same manner.
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Roach says it's just a mental thing, like having sex before a fight. Mayweather is looking to get under Manny's skin, and he knows this is one of the few things that does it.

It's not gonna stop the fight, not any more than Manny's insistence on a $10 million fee for every pound over weight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 1:14pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There really isn't a precedent with this kind of thing. Pac/Mayweather are pro athletes and should be treated as such, the USADA is an org for amateur competitors. I'm sure they do a fine job but isn't there a whole commision in Nevada set up for this kind of thing? Also, maybe Manny just doesn't like being dictated to by Mayweather because of an unfounded rumor started by Floyd sr.

Here's the best part about this whole thing. When it suits their purposes team Mayweather denegrates Pac's accomplishments by saying something like: 1) De La Hoya was weight drained and old so beating him wasn't a big deal. 2) Ricky Hatton was more or less a club fighter with heart who got lucky. 3) Cotto was ruined by Margarito and is a shot fighter.

When it doesn't suit their purposes they start talking about how there is no way that a guy who started his career at 106lbs could move up up to 147lbs and keep knocking people out. The only problem is that they aren't consistent with if they think that the feat is impressive or not.

As it is I think that Pac will lose to Mayweather by UD, I just want to see the fight.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 1:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword View Post

As it is I think that Pac will lose to Mayweather by UD, I just want to see the fight.
    I think Pacman is going to have Mayweather eating canvas in that match in the late rounds.

facebook.com/ABMMA

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 3:08am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to publicly take this opportunity to thank the sport of Boxing for taking what momentum it had built up through 2007-2009 by a new commitment to quality match making, rising star power and some renewed interest from the general public and shitting all over itself by not making the one match that even the casual sports fans were calling for. Well done Boxing. And yes, I blame the sport as a whole not just Mayweather Jr. & Pacquiao.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 8:03am

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what happens when a sport's basically in its death throes. I'm honestly surprised people even really try any more, but that might just be me.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/31/2009 6:16pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't say anything about...

Oh wait. Arum. Never mind.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The truth of the matter is this: Mayweather's camp KNOWS FULL WELL about Manny's dislike for needles and they are pulling all this **** to play mind games with him.
    How many times have you heard about boxer's camps arguing over fucking blood tests 30 days before a fight? Its ridiculous and its all just a ploy to throw Manny off and make it look like he is the one backing out, or that he has something to hide - which he doesn't.
    Its pure Bullshit.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra
Page 1 of 8 1 2345 ... LastLast