Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 11:05pm

Style: TKD, soon BJJ JUDO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    heres one just cary a bigger stick. hey carry two. buy soem eskrima or soemthing. two bats would work. a bat with alot of nails in it would work even better.

if you dont want to tary that stuff then just do your best to walk away. but if you want kick their butts.

but i would go for the non violent route if i could. if not then do your worst.

Today impossible, Tomarrow Possible
    Grand Master H.U. Lee

Decafinated white belt.

Posted On:
    11/14/2002 11:58pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well the problem is now over...

my issue was that they can slap a civil suit on me and sue me for defending too hard, basically.

Yeah, its ****, but thats reality.

<Me> John, what do you know about Zen Buddhism? <John> *smacks me*
    <John> I'd have to smack you sometime...
    Katana, on 540 kicks: "Hang from a ceiling fan with both hands. Flail your feet out and ask people to walk into you as you hit their face."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2002 6:06am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Defending yourself with martial arts can get you into big trouble. Sure, a few martial artists have managed to get past the justice system, but that is an exception. Prosecuting attorneys will make even a Take Yer Dough person look like a monster-killer expert. The best thing to do is stack the law on your side.

From my wife's jiu-jitsu instructor, who was a police officer for 20 years on how to deal with an attack from a legal perspective:

1. Run away.

2. If option #1 is not available, then defend yourself to the best of your ability. Grappling is best, as juries tend to frown on you when you beat the snot out of someone with fists and feet.

3. Once the conflict is over, call the police. When you talk to the police, tell them you are a victim and in need of medical assistance.

Seriously, you could be hurt and not know it. Besides, you have now made the police sympathetic to your case.

4. When the police arrive, when they ask, press charges. Be very cooperative with the police. Don't act like a badass. Act like someone who was defending themselves because they were forced.

Professional Fighter

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 12:19am

supporting member
     Style: Shotokan Karate, Muay Tha

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I'm more interested in how you got on the wrong side of three girls who'd maim you with baseball bats.

Reading FD cause cancer

small hick city full with college students in Cali

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 1:15am

Style: Muay Thai and boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well... This is the reason I learned what I call "non lethal martial art" Which mean taking person down and controlling them without harming them too seriously. For against three girls... That would be pretty difficult but I would says disable two as fast as possible then go and control the leader until the police arrive (so leader can still talk to police and get in even more trouble). Or attack the leader only and it should scare two other girls off. That is the way you can show that you don't want to harm any one but you have to take two out and control one so you don't have to over do anything. Also taking leader out could seriously ruin the morale of two other girls however the problem would, they would says that you start whole things. Also for against bat, I would simply use it to strangle them because if they get away and tell police that you uses bat against them, they wouldn't have any marks on them (if police thinks girls never use bat, have them keep bat as a edvience for a finger prints). However if you HAVE to, just take them all out however you would want to but try to keep the damage to minimun (quick chop in thoart, poke in eyes, kick in thigh, and other things) then take the bat and run away. However Migo and few other people are right, good lawyer is a MUST!

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 1:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was curious so I mentioned this dilemma to my brother in law who is a D.A. and he said that in terms of criminal proceedings you're pretty much ok to do whatever you need to win. Mutual Combat stuff goes out the window when you are unarmed and beset by an armed attacker. SO: No jail time for assualt or anything crazy like that.

However: they could of course file civil suit against you. At which point you counter-sue for all kinds of B.S. reasons like their threats made you live in constant fear, etc. BUt most likely THEY will go down for assault, and then YOU sue THEM for shits and giggles.

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 4:00am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... also I wonder if it is just better to kill the attacker? Because if you hurt someone in your house even in self defense, you can still get sue.

"I would rather admit I am a lousy student than say I am the best, because once you think you are the best, there is no reason to continue learning."
    I would pick bag work over masturbating, fighting over sex, and KOing someone over having a orgasm!

***ned

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 4:17am

supporting member
     Style: i

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fucking me Dragon? Is it BETTER to KILL the attacker? Though I believe in self-defense/self-empowerment, you're talking about a serious legal quagmire. If it so happens that your attacker dies or is killed through the results of your actions, then you will have to prove without a shadow of a doubt that
    a. you could not run (yes, even in your own home, I believe)
    b. there was imminent danger to you or your family

If not, you will be in jail for a long long time.

"Because if you hurt someone in your house even in self defense, you can still get sue."

Jesus fucking Christ man.

~
    delirious

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 4:39am

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you fucking me Dragon? Is it BETTER to KILL the attacker? Though I believe in self-defense/self-empowerment, you're talking about a serious legal quagmire. If it so happens that your attacker
    My own take is that I think you could get yourself far more seriously hurt if you are worried about legal implications in the middle of an altercation. 3 people against 1 is very serious, especially if they have baseball bats. I don't think any jury would vote in favour of punishing the person who defended themselves in such a situation.

As Geoff Thompson is fond of saying, "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6". If a sitation arises then your priority is making sure you get out of it in one piece and NOT what might happen later. You might end up in jail, but at least you will be alive.

Reading FD cause cancer

Posted On:
    1/17/2003 4:55am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be alive to become Big Bubba's bitch? I would rather to get kill in a fight instead of getting rape in prison everyday and having the record of beating three women following me all my life. If it was a men, I would not have any trouble with taking them out however if it was a women that would be different story. Even if a woman attack you and you call the police, the police would still come and arrest you instead of the woman. Now there is something to thinks about. Also in court, they won't go words against words, they would go edvience against edvience. If they see that you managed to take all women out and injury/killed them then they will label you as a attacker because a defenser would have run away or end up gettiing carry away in stretcher like as Stretcher Wong did. So you have to be VERY careful about what you do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast