Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 11:01am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC's new broadcast partner Versus: Jon Jones v. Brandon Vera

Noted this story on MMAjunkie dot com

//MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMo nkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonk eyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkey ScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeySc rotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScro tumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotu mCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv/news/17242/jon-jones-vs-brandon-vera-targeted-for-ufcs-debut-on-versus.mma

I was interested to see that the UFC has broadcast partner, which is something I have been hoping to see for some time. Hopefully it will provide some more fights live on network TV besides Fight Night on Spike ... hopefully this is available on my cable package.

Another fight with the Martian Manhunter Jon "Bones" Jones is always a good thing. I find him young, talented and highly entertaining as a fighter.

Has anyone heard anything more about this? Do Bullies believe that the UFC is diversifying its business model (or at least modus operandi) to have live broadcasts and network advertising revenues, as well as fight cards in arenas on PPV?
    Last edited by MrJ; 12/17/2009 11:06am at . Reason: phailure to post links properly ....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 11:28am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure what you're trying to ask or get at here. What do you mean by UFC having a broadcast partner? And UFC has definitely given away full on UFC PPV level shows on Spike before.

Zuffa's been broadcasting their WEC shows for free on Versus since 2007 (WEC doesn't do PPV). There's always been a bit of struggle between Versus and Zuffa regarding the use of WEC stars like Uriah Faber on UFC programming. UFC's contract with Spike allows them to run up to four shows on another network each year, and they've agreed to show two next year on Versus. There's still two more shows that UFC could broadcast elsewhere.

But how does any of this change Zuffa's business model? I don't see how this deal changes anything in that regard at all.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 12:59pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
    Noted this story on MMAjunkie dot com

//MonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMo nkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonk eyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkey ScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeySc rotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScro tumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotu mCleaning.tvMonkeyScrotumCleaning.tv/news/17242/jon-jones-vs-brandon-vera-targeted-for-ufcs-debut-on-versus.mma

I was interested to see that the UFC has broadcast partner, which is something I have been hoping to see for some time. Hopefully it will provide some more fights live on network TV besides Fight Night on Spike ... hopefully this is available on my cable package.

Another fight with the Martian Manhunter Jon "Bones" Jones is always a good thing. I find him young, talented and highly entertaining as a fighter.
    And I thought I was the only one who referred to him as the Martian Manhunter.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 4:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Far, far from it. I turned my UFC-watching group onto it during UFC 94.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 10:25am

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    edtang, thanks for explaining. I was not familiar with how the business worked regarding deals for broadcasting, and probably read too much into that one article.

Good to see that others remember DC Comics. Any chance of Bones Jones shaving his head, turning green and taking opponents out with eyebeams?