Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 10:41pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    Ummm what happened to Rampage ? Aren't the two coaches supposed to fight after that season of TUF ?
    Have you been living under a rock on the moon?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 12:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    Have you been living under a rock on the moon?

Worse : Nebraska. There's prolly more trees on the moon. I guess I should go look it up myself then, huh ?

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 2:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if you decide not to look, rampage left the ufc to pursue his movie career with the filming of the A team, then came back and said he wants to fight again.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 2:18pm

Style: Half-assery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This card is rather lackluster to me. I won't be paying any money for it.

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 4:14pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Where'd you here about this one? Guns is a pretty nice guy and it would be nice to see him fighting again. Never was friends or anything with him but he was a good guy to roll with and eager to learn and work.
    John Gunderson vs. Rafaello Oliveira is on a few sites, when the UFC moved Sean Sherk to face Jim Miller as a replacement for an injured Tyson Griffin.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 11:42pm

Style: CSW BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifes View Post
    These are going to happen, Volkmann signed on Monday.
    Sean pulled out of his fight with Miller. Got cut pretty bad rolling today.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/18/2009 8:16pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many changes have there been to this damn card?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 12:22pm

Style: Keyboard Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^ an article on mma junkie dot com (I suck at posting links, sorry) states:
    "So just how cursed has the UFC 108 card been? Consider that the following fighters were either announced or expected to compete on the card at one point in the past few months: Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Cain Velasquez, Rory Markham, Tyson Griffin, Sean Sherk, Carlos Condit and Gabriel Gonzaga."

My picks are below. Looking forward to what the other Bullies have to say about projected outcomes and why. I am very excited about seeing Dustin Hazelett fight again. I won't buy the PPV, but plan to pick up a few cans of Guinness and watch it at my dojo.

MAIN CARD
    Rashad Evans vs. Thiago Silva
    Paul Daley vs. Dustin Hazelett
    Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout
    Duane Ludwig vs. Jim Miller
    Junior Dos Santos vs. Gilbert Yvel
    PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)
    Martin Kampmann vs. Jacob Volkmann
    Dan Lauzon vs. Cole Miller

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    12/30/2009 3:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually think this is a pretty good card, with the potential to be great:

Main Card

* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Rashad Evans vs. Brazil Thiago Silva[1]
    * Welterweight bout: United States Dustin Hazelett vs. United Kingdom Paul Daley[1]
    * Lightweight bout: United States Joe Lauzon vs. Canada Sam Stout[1]
    * Lightweight bout: United States Jim Miller vs. United States Duane Ludwig [1]
    * Heavyweight bout: Brazil Junior dos Santos vs. Netherlands Gilbert Yvel[1]

Spike TV Card

* Welterweight bout: Denmark Martin Kampmann vs. United States Jacob Volkmann[1]
    * Lightweight bout: United States Cole Miller vs. United States Dan Lauzon[1]

Preliminary Card

* Middleweight bout: United States Mark Munoz vs. United States Ryan Jensen[1]
    * Welterweight bout: United States Mike Pyle vs. United States Jake Ellenberger[1]
    * Lightweight bout: Brazil Rafaello Oliveira vs. United States John Gunderson[1]

- Silva/Evans - Expect a potentially brutal KO one way or the other. It could turn into an Evans takedownfest also but I think Silva is strong enough to keep it on the feet if Evans tries to go that route. I like both but think Evans has the tools to edge out the victory. Title implications. I believe Dana has stated that the winner of this gets Rampage. The winner of that will probably get the next title shot. Then again, depending on Rampage and how this fight goes, if it is KO and brutal enough, the person who wins could get the next shot at the winner of Machida/Rua. Interestingly, if Rua wins, the winner of this fight may have to go through Rampage if the UFC tries to see if they can set up a Rua/Rampage rematch which they could hype up and turn into huge money by replaying Rampages ass kicking by Rua's hands.

- Hazelett/Daley - Knockout/Submission, it's one or the other. You never know what Hazelett might pull out his ass for a submission and the same for Daley with his hands. Entertainment ensues. I think Hazelett takes this one though. This does have title implications as the winner could be 1 or 2 wins away from a title shot. Considering how the division is looking, the winner could potentially get a title shot after GSP's next defense.

- Lauzon(pick one) - Exactly. Pick one. Doesn't matter which one, they both will bring it. I pick both Lauzon's to win their respective fights.

- Ludwig/Miller - I think Miller takes it with the sub but Ludwig may just surprise with a vicious KO that he is know to do.

- dos Santos/Yvel - Not a big fan of Yvel's unsportsmanlike conduct. He has the potential to blast dos Santos to Hell but I think dos Santos is just a better, smarter fighter that Yvel ever was or ever will be. I say dos Santos wins but if Yvel wins, it will be something brutal. Dos Santos is slightly in limbo in the UFC heavyweight division. Mir, Carwin, Big Nog, and Cain are slightly ahead of him, at least in the UFC's eyes. A vicious beating of Yvel could change that and set him up for top contender status, although I believe this would be after a 4 man title eliminator between the 4 men previously mentioned. If Yvel loses, let him and Kongo go at it.

- Volkmann/Kampmann - I like Kampmann because Volkmann is unknown to me. No other reason. I think Kampmann got the short end of the straw with Daley for no other reason then he should have taken that fight down sooner. I don't see him making that mistake twice should it happen again. See his fight with Drew McFedries for an example of this. I doubt it will be required as looking at Volkmann's record, they are mostly submission/decision wins but that may not be the whole story. Kampman also needs this win so as to not get lost in the welterweight shuffle.

Besides those, the other ones don't really interest me but they could turn out great.

Posted On:
    12/31/2009 7:24am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it too late to reserve a spot on Dos Santos' nuts, or are they occupied already? I'm pretty psyched to see a good striker who's also smart in the cage coming up in a division that's fairly grappling-heavy.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast