Sponsored Links Spacer Image

mr. Hobbes

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 9:57pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tony Mayo

Tony Mayo is a man who claims that he can beat multiple attackers with a sort of Dance of death look alike.

YouTube- Tony Mayo Us Army ranger fighting techniques.

tony seems to think that sparring is bad here.

YouTube- Tony Mayo Whipping butt

he also teaches disarms.

To top it off he wears military uniforms and seems to like to pretend like he is training a military martial art.

YouTube- elite force combat

Grandmaster
    Tony Mayo

See us on the Military Channel
    As Seen on the Military Channel's "Weaponology"!
    Grandmaster Tony Mayo appeared on the television program "Weaponology" on Tuesday night (12/18/2007), on the Military Channel. Grandmaster Mayo was featured demonstrating hand to hand combat techniques in the context of Army Ranger training and combat. There is also a "Behind the Scenes" video posted on the Weaponolgy website which gives a good peek into the Elite Force mindset and training methodology. Click here to see it...

Grandmaster Tony Mayo teaches the essence of Close Quarters Combat, a modern form of street self defense. His system of self defense deals only with realistic combat situations and solutions.

• 10th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor
    • 12 Time Martial Arts Hall of Fame Inductee
    • 1994 Fighting World Champion
    • 40 Years of Martial Arts Experience
    • Former N.Y.P.D. Officer

http://www.eliteforceselfdefense.com/

Another Linked site

http://www.protegesportsinc.com/coac...44&StartRow=21

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 12:14pm

Style: 10thP/BJJ/Wrestling/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sley View Post
    • 10th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor
    • 12 Time Martial Arts Hall of Fame Inductee
    • 1994 Fighting World Champion
    • 40 Years of Martial Arts Experience
    • Former N.Y.P.D. Officer
    Those are the parts that caught my attention. I looked at his website and I can't figure out what arts he actually holds a belt(s) in. He says that he bases his art on a laundry list of styles, but there is no information on his ranking or time of study in those arts. As a side note, if you click on the "boxing" banner link, it describes a cardio box program not boxing....as in actually boxing. I'm not knocking anybody offering a cardio-box program (hey, it is popular and if it gets people off their ass and in the gym, God bless) but I find it curious that they have a motto of "Train Like You Fight, Fight Like You Train"...and yet they have cardio-boxing and no, from what I can tell, actual boxing.

Second, what exactly does it mean to be a "1994 Fighting World Champion"? That is really the most descriptive phrase he could come up with? I'd be curious to know what competition he won, what style it was in, the other competitors involved etc.

Finally, I don't think I have to expound too much on the low opinion I hold of "martial arts halls of fame". Being "honored" by induction twelve times tends to raises my b.s. flag.

I could overlook the typical "tough guy" name (Elite Force Tactical Solutions) but there are at least a couple of questions worth asking here.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 1:00pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Has he ever actually served in the armed forces?

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 1:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kind of sad the guy is padding his resume so hard.

He's quick. He's precise. His form is tight. the guy know what he is doing.

But it's pretty obvious he is also lying though his teeth.

12 time hall of fame inductee? How many MA halls of fame are there? :O

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 1:47pm

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The video on his site was a compliant self-defense demo...didn't look to badly choreographed I guess. But as far as RBSD goes I’d rather see real self-defense demos with a red man or bullet man suit where the attacker is protected somewhat and can totally resist and fight. He also looked a bit young for a 10th degree black belt. IMHO

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 2:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    in the first video he's wearing a tactical style knife sheath. couple that with the military BDUs all used in an instructional video when gym clothes would suffice tell me he is trying WAY to hard to look like an outside the wire operator.

also, in the disarms video, the long haired blond guy is wearing a t shirt with the tony's logo on the back along with military uniforms. he alternates between wearing the over shirt and just the t shirt. this screams LARPery that a real operator wouldn't have in his school.

i question him ever being in the military, but don't dismiss the possibility. however, i do completely disregard the idea that he ever was in special operations/forces. maybe cassius or blacksmith can chime in on him.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

Posted On:
    2/03/2011 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey! I'm new to this site but I came across you guys discussing Tony Mayo... I was at bible college in 2005 and he was an alumni so he offered to teach us classes. He was very nice and not only that but the stuff he taught I found to be incredibly fast, effective, and principle based. He was legit, even let us go to his house and eat dinner with him. I watched him show us how to fend off people with a knife, and he brought in one of his students too. I am by no means a fighter, I want to learn someday. I can say though that he was very real, knowledgeable, and I trust everything he said. I would have you guys not dismiss him so quickly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2011 5:37pm

Style: JJJ/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just out of interest, what experience do you have in judging someone as legit without being a "fighter" ?
    Last edited by captainbirdseye; 2/03/2011 5:37pm at . Reason: typing like a mong

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/03/2011 7:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll echo captainbirdseye's sentiment; Someone who is "by no means a fighter" has no business endorsing anyone as a fighter/teacher, particularly if that endorsement is based on a single after dinner demo on his own student. More importantly, this thread is less about Mayo's ability (which one poster was actually complimentary of) than his inflated resume. Aside from being "nice", why would you believe that Mayo is a "10th Degree Black Belt Master Instructor, 12 Time Martial arts Hall of Fame Inductee, and 1994 Fighting World Champion"? Until Mayo backs up his claims, which will be easy enough to do if they're real, we will quickly dismiss him and so should you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/09/2011 1:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is no point in responding to that guy. He necro'd a dead thread of over a year ago about a guy who was making some very suspicious claims. Doesn't look like anyone really followed up on him, but all of his youtube videos, his personal eliteforce website, and his postings on the military channel website have all been removed. I don't know if the guy is teaching or not but there is a lot less material on him now.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast