Posted On:
    12/21/2009 5:56pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Here is the dilemma I face:

I like most of the SEALs I know and have worked with, but they're probably bigger cowboys than the green beanies.
    In all the Vietnam War history that I've read, I've always read that lots of soldiers and marines didn't like the "green beanies" because they would grow facial hair, live with locals, drink, and form tight knit working relationships with minorities such as Montagnards.

For me, though, as someone who had served in the Peace Corps, I always felt like the crazy thing would be to *not* do that kind of thing. How can you begin to hope to kill insurgents without having, in effect, lots of local drinking buddies who have some kind of working relationship with you on some level? For the most part nobody will really help you unless you spend a lot of time in advance forming your little relationships with the right people.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Posted On:
    12/21/2009 10:37pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    In all the Vietnam War history that I've read, I've always read that lots of soldiers and marines didn't like the "green beanies" because they would grow facial hair, live with locals, drink, and form tight knit working relationships with minorities such as Montagnards.

For me, though, as someone who had served in the Peace Corps, I always felt like the crazy thing would be to *not* do that kind of thing. How can you begin to hope to kill insurgents without having, in effect, lots of local drinking buddies who have some kind of working relationship with you on some level? For the most part nobody will really help you unless you spend a lot of time in advance forming your little relationships with the right people.
    As someone who also happens to be in the SOF community, I would appreciate you not lecturing me on what the SOF community is like. I generally have a beard, drink with the locals, and do other things that are outside of SOP for the regular military. My opinion on this subject is based upon actual operational experience working with multiple SF Groups and SEAL teams. It's one thing to quote history to me, but it is very much another to see the dichotomy of talent coupled with lack of discipline that overwhelmingly exists within most white SOF. I don't begrudge them for operating the way they do unless it gets me shot at for no good reason (which it has on more than one occasion), but don't expect me to feel all that sorry for them when CJSOTF trips over its collective swinging dick.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 5:30am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by maofas View Post
    Blackwater "troops"? Wait, does this mean we have to support them too or else now? **** Blackwater. If you want to go play mercenaries instead of getting real jobs & act like homicidal douches in a foreign country, don't go acting surprised when someone cuts off your head and hangs you from a bridge. Sorry, U.S. Troops would be one thing, but these guys really-really shouldn't even be in the country.
    The saddest part of that incident is that Blackwater refused to give those men proper weapons or backup when going into hostile territory. Just as those men feared, they got rushed and murdered.

The worst part is that because the wives of the men who died sued, the back-pay for those dead dudes is now forfeit to the company and they are now being counter-sued for breach of contract (you aren't allowed to sue, lol!). Not only is Blackwater evil to people unfortunate enough to live where they work, but they're fucking satanic to their workers.

And in all fairness, these SEALs did breach the Geneva convention by beating up Objective Amber after he had been captured. (If it wasn't that they've got valuable info to torture out of him, they would have simply shot him I bet! Damn shame they need him alive.) I probably would have beat up the guy if I was in their position too. But, it is a warcrime.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 8:57am

Style: Not sure anymore

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As was already said, U.S. Military (especially SEALS) are trained to make terrorists dead...they were humane and only gave that piece of **** a fat lip. They should be in the running for the Nobel Peace Prize.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 12:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    As someone who also happens to be in the SOF community, I would appreciate you not lecturing me on what the SOF community is like. I generally have a beard, drink with the locals, and do other things that are outside of SOP for the regular military. My opinion on this subject is based upon actual operational experience working with multiple SF Groups and SEAL teams. It's one thing to quote history to me, but it is very much another to see the dichotomy of talent coupled with lack of discipline that overwhelmingly exists within most white SOF. I don't begrudge them for operating the way they do unless it gets me shot at for no good reason (which it has on more than one occasion), but don't expect me to feel all that sorry for them when CJSOTF trips over its collective swinging dick.
    Hey, relax buddy. You don't need to take that however it is you took that to get upset. I'm talking about stuff I read in history books or memoirs and the thoughts I had after reading it. I'm glad that you shared your personal experiences with me just now, and you shouldn't construe anything as a lecture or whatever.

So, you piqued my curiosity; how did you end up getting shot at for no good reason?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson

Infidel

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 4:51pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Off topic. How is the SOF Tier system set up for the US?

Rangers are Tier 2. Delta Force Tier 1. Are SEALS 1 or 2?

I should read up about the Tier system. Do they have Tier 3?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wounded,

Shut the **** up.

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 5:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Cheng Man Ching Taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    Wounded,

Shut the **** up.
    Circ, when did you become a Buddhist monk?
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    I used to **** guys like you in prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 6:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    Wounded,

Shut the **** up.
    I can always count on you for an educational contribution to the public discourse.

I guess that by chiming in you get to be a tough guy too.
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 12/24/2009 7:16pm at .

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/24/2009 8:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I can always count on you for an educational contribution to the public discourse.

I guess that by chiming in you get to be a tough guy too.
    No.

I'm telling you to shut the **** up to save your life, you fuckwit. You're wrong and you're being absolutely fucking retarded.

Now, apologize and shut the **** up.
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast