Sponsored Links Spacer Image

is badder than you

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 9:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I love the implication that these guys were charged on the detainee's say-so. What a crock of ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 9:39pm

Style: Tiger Crane combination

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well they can't all be telling the truth. Why would DeMartino claim he saw a beating if there was none? Weird.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/22/2010 11:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Wouldn't you say that punishment for roughing up an enemy combatant is akin to handing out speeding tickets at a formula one race though?

Remember how at Abu Ghraib torture "light" gave the "bad guys" an enormous recruiting boost? Can't beat 'em so might as well join 'em is not a moral leading and a foolish technique in conflict. Actually it's really just stupid. Cheney and crew based much of the rationalization for the war from an Al Qaeda guy the CIA had grabbed and given to the Egyptians to torture. He said what has been proved to be bs in order to end the pain - immoral and counter productive.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    4/23/2010 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post

Remember how at Abu Ghraib torture "light" gave the "bad guys" an enormous recruiting boost? Can't beat 'em so might as well join 'em is not a moral leading and a foolish technique in conflict. Actually it's really just stupid. Cheney and crew based much of the rationalization for the war from an Al Qaeda guy the CIA had grabbed and given to the Egyptians to torture. He said what has been proved to be bs in order to end the pain - immoral and counter productive.
    Good point!

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 6:27am

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    second seal acquitted .
    Move along citizen ,nothing to see here !!!!!

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    4/24/2010 11:51pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If they had flat out tortured the guy, I might understand some damn charges...

but a bloody damn lip?

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:29pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well another Seal was acquitted today , just like Haditha Marines werent they acquitted too.

Thank God somebody has some sense. SEALS 1 Scumbags 0
    Move along citizen ,nothing to see here !!!!!

Choked out by Gene Lebell

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Oh bull crap!

In the first place, I was tortured in training more than most people at Abu Ghraib were. Panties over my head? I'd have rather had that than getting water boarded, and it was done to me in training. It was used in Vietnam. Its war, get over it. Read the book "Unit 731" sometime, then lets talk about torture. Read about the Hanoi Hilton too.

The classic picture from Vietnam, where the guy is shot in the head with a S & W bodyguard, EVERYONE said how horrible it was. Except if you knew the story behind the picture, you'd have shot the SOB too.

For every claim of "counter productive" I can show you 10 where it worked very well. There is a reason elite forces in this Country in my day were told do NOT get captured because EVERYBODY talks.

As to immoral; teaching people that if you kill someone you get to go to Heaven, THAT is immoral. Flying planes into buildings is immoral. NOT following the rules of Warfare by putting on a Uniform and Military ID WHICH MEANS YOU ARE ENTITLED TO NO RIGHTS UNDER THE GENIVA CONVENTION, is immoral. Because doing that means LOTS of civilians are going to die, cause you can't tell the combatants from the non-combatants.

So, in short, the rules of the game are made by the attacker. Our opponents, by choosing the manner of fighting they have, have only themselves to blame for their treatment.

:qright5:
    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 9:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtripp View Post
    In the first place, I was tortured in training more than most people at Abu Ghraib were.
    Did you die? Because a guy in custody at Abu Ghraib died while being tortured.

An Iraqi whose corpse was photographed with grinning U.S. soldiers at Abu Ghraib died under CIA interrogation while in a position condemned by human rights groups as torture — suspended by his wrists, with his hands cuffed behind his back, according to reports reviewed by The Associated Press.

The death of the prisoner, Manadel al-Jamadi, became known last year when the Abu Ghraib scandal broke. The U.S. military said back then that it had been ruled a homicide. But the exact circumstances of the death were not disclosed at the time.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6988054/

Were you raped? Because people in custody at Abu Ghraib were raped by Americans.

... At least one picture shows an American soldier apparently raping a female prisoner while another is said to show a male translator raping a male detainee.

Further photographs are said to depict sexual assaults on prisoners with objects including a truncheon, wire and a phosphorescent tube.

Another apparently shows a female prisoner having her clothing forcibly removed to expose her breasts.

Detail of the content emerged from Major General Antonio Taguba, the former army officer who conducted an inquiry into the Abu Ghraib jail in Iraq....
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...show-rape.html

So, in short, the rules of the game are made by the attacker. Our opponents, by choosing the manner of fighting they have, have only themselves to blame for their treatment.
    Yes, because everyone in custody in Abu Ghraib was guilty of a serious offense.

So, say, generally 90 percent of the security detainees being held at Abu Ghraib were just innocent, had no information at all.
    -Janis Karpinski, http://dir.salon.com/story/books/int...ski/index.html

This thread keeps finding new ways to disappoint me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    5/07/2010 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our opponents, by choosing the manner of fighting they have, have only themselves to blame for their treatment.
    No, our morals determine it.
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.