Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 11:55am

Style: Fitness-Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Interim HW Belt Moving FWD

Well folks looks like it's in the works!

From 5 Oz of Pain:

Carwin vs. Mir to fight for interim heavyweight title in March.
    Posted by Staff on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 at 10:45 am· 10 Comments

It appears Shane Carwin will have a chance to fight for a title sooner rather than later as word has now spread that the UFC has intentions of creating an interim Heavyweight title. A fight between former champion Frank Mir and the undefeated Carwin in reportedly in the works for UFC 111.

According to Fanhouse.com the bout has been verbally agreed to by one fo the fighters, and would serve as a co-main event on March 27, 2009.

As of this posting nothing has been officially signed or announced by the UFC.

Carwin who had been tapped to fight current heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, has been waiting in limbo since it was announced that Lesnar had become very ill with a bacterial infection of the intestines.

With no return of the champion in sight it appears the UFC is looking to move forward. No doubt spurred by nothing less than a dominant performance by Mir at UFC 107.

Both Carwin and Mir have shared pleasantries in the press over the past week with Mir describing Carwin as , “A better version of Lesnar” , and Carwin stating on his blog, “Mir is a multiple-time Champion who has been counted out more than Mike Tyson to only find himself right back at the top. He is a LEGEND of the sport and I would be honored to fight him.”

I am pretty stoked about this match-up.

If anyone is going to test whether or not Carwin is the top contender, it would be Mir.

Going on the record here and saying if this happens, then it's Carwin by KO 2nd round.

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 12:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carwin's tough, but Mir jut has so much more experience, not to mention having such a great ground game. Carwin has a puncher's chance, but I think Mir is going to take this one.

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 1:05pm

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Carwin stands a good shot. Mirs standup i still not as good as he thinks it is and Carwin will have little problem outwrestling Mir.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 1:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Spirit View Post
    Mir looked pretty good Saturday night. Not flabby and slow. Don't care for all of his trash talk, but damn he looked good. Have to say I was surprised when he went over to check on Kongo after the fight.
    He looked great, that was fun. Won some money on that one.

I wasn't surprised at all that he came over, Mir's cocky and speaks his mind, but he's a classy guy. Regarding his comments criticizing Kongo's ground game, he explained that he had not meant to be disrespectful, but that that kind of thing sells tickets and gets you fights, and that's part of the sport. It's a valid point, though I don't care for trash talk, myself. If Hendo, for example, talked a lot of trash before his fights, he'd probably still be with the UFC.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12