Our Sponsors:

Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 6:45pm

Style: Much striking, SAMBO, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Zionsville, IN Need some help...

Ok, I have a friend who lives in Indiana (Zionsville to be exact) and he is looking to get his kids (ages 4 and 6) into a martial arts. The place he has been looking at his kids already have friends that train there, but he wants to make sure it is a good place and so on. He doesn’t need them to be the world’s next best fighters he’s mostly looking for the physical activity and the discipline aspects of it. I told him I would be happy to help him as best I can from across the country…

So I have been trying to find information out about this guy, who says he has been teaching in the Indianapolis area for 30 years, but I can’t find anything. Not much on his web site either; so I sent him an e-mail asking some basic questions like what his rank is, who he trained under, do they require contracts and so on. That was last Wednesday and I have heard anything back yet. So I’m turning to Bullshido to see if anyone can give me the low down on:

www.mastermike.com

His name is Mike Marienthal and that’s about all I know at this point. I was not very impressed with his form videos, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t run a good kids program.

On another note, if you have any other recommendations for a Zionsville, IN kid’s martial arts program please pass them along.

Thanks for whatever info you have.

Here, hold these for me.

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 10:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: jkd concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy crap! You're up by Fishers! I'm all the way down by Cincinnati.

Any reason you're posting this in the KMA forum? Maybe Newbietown would be better?

One thing you'd better find out: what style is your friend and his kids looking for? TKD? BJJ? Judo?
    SEANBABY:
    "The seventh law of thermodynamics is that every time a fat person gets near a trapdoor, they fall in. It’s the closest thing we have to scientific proof of God."

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 11:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkdbuck76 View Post
    Holy crap! You're up by Fishers! I'm all the way down by Cincinnati.

Any reason you're posting this in the KMA forum? Maybe Newbietown would be better?

One thing you'd better find out: what style is your friend and his kids looking for? TKD? BJJ? Judo?
    Actually I’m in Washington ;) I’m originally from Indiana and I still have a group of friends/family from there.

Posted here because I’m not calling bullshido on the guy and it didn’t seem like it belonged in noobietown, so I thought I would put it where people know about TKD.

My friend just wants a good kids program he is not really concerned about style per say; his kids are just interested in “martial arts” and he doesn’t really know anything about “martial arts” and being the great dad that he is he wants to make a good decision. The TKD place is just one that his kids have friends at… he would be open to a better place but unless he tells me what’s available I don’t have a clue.

I only posted because I can’t find any info on the guy and he didn’t return my e-mail… which annoys me… so I thought I would ask to see if anyone had any insights (I mean come on the guy has been around for 30 years and nobody knows anything???).

If I don’t find anything I’m already preparing a list of questions for him to ask so he can go to the school himself, but the more I know before he goes the better… and if it’s not worth his time to even go I would rather save him the time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 12:36am

Style: ukemi & tapping out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's actually a very good Judo dojo in Indianapolis that was run by a 6th dan until he passed away recently. It's about 30-40 minutes away from Zionsville though. If your friend is interested I could PM you one of the instructors contact info.

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Guess View Post
    There's actually a very good Judo dojo in Indianapolis that was run by a 6th dan until he passed away recently. It's about 30-40 minutes away from Zionsville though. If your friend is interested I could PM you one of the instructors contact info.
    Yes please PM me the info. I asked him and he said he is more than willing to drive for the quality.

Thanks.