Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2010 10:32am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Shoyoroll Gi Reviews - 4 Gis

What's up everyone,

Just wanted to take this time to let you all know about my experience with Shoyoroll gi's. I've had Shoyoroll gis for over a year now and I can honestly say that they are still my favorite gis.

The first gi that I got was the Batch #4:

Once I put this gi on I feel in love with it. It was the most comfortable gi I've ever warn. That's compared to Gameness, Lucky, Atama, and other brands that I have.

Even though it is comfortable on the inside it was still kind of rough on the outside. To me that's important because I want to feel comfortable when wearing it but I don't want my opponent to feel comfortable when gripping it.

Another thing that I really liked about it was the draw string and the extra pant loops. Coming from the days where the flat draw string was the norm, having a corded drawstring that's easy to adjust is definitely a plus. The extra loops on the pants also keep the string from riding low on your hips, and if one of them breaks you have 5 more. None of them have broken so far!

It's also cool how they don't stick with the normal "white" or matching thread for the stitching. By using other colors for the theading it makes the gi stick out and be more unique. I remember when I wore the Batch #4 gi to the NY Open and I had a ton of people come up to me asking about this gi.

The second gi that I got from Shoyoroll was the Grey Skies Gi:

Now once I saw this gi I knew I had to have it. While gis are definitely about functionality, it's a plus to be able to train in a functional gi while looking good at the same time. When the Grey Skies gi came out, it was and still is one of the most unique and stylish gis ever made.

The Grey Lapels followed by the Baby Blue hits with the patches really make this gi stand out. Most males aren't fans of baby blue but I have to admit that this color combination looks sick as hell. As soon as I stepped on the mat with this gi I had tons of people asking me where I got it and where they could get one. As far as design and functionality it is the same style as the Batch #4 just with a different color combination.

The third Shoyoroll Gi I got was the Superlite RS:

Now this gi I was extremely excited to get because I wanted a good competition gi that was very light and very reliable. With this gi they made some changes based on some customer suggestions. SHOYOROLL IS EXTREMELY GOOD WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE AND LISTENING TO THEIR CUSTOMERS.

The biggest change to this gi was the pants. They are extremely light and strong at the same time.

They also removed the patch on the front as per the suggestion from many customers. I personally like having the Shoyoroll patch on my gi as it was different then other company patches and it was colored to match the threading and other hits on the gi.

The new Super Lite Shoyoroll gi is one of the lightest gis weighing as low as 3.6 lbs.

- Light pearl weave fabric - The gi top is very comfortable and light.
    - Contrasting color stitch and taping. - I'm personally a big fan of the contrasting colors in threading as it makes the gi's look more stylish.
    - Rope drawstring w/ extra loops - This helps keep your drawstring on your waist better compared to the traditional two loop pants.
    - Pearl weave knee pads
    - One piece jacket w/ no back seam - No gi should ever have a seem down they back again...lol...if they do I'll never get it.
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams - I've trained in these gi's every single week multiple times since I've had it and they are still in great shape!

The fourth gi that I got from Shoyoroll was the Blackstar gi:

Now this gi is PIMP...haha. Many people are attracted to the black gi's but once I wore this gi for the first time I was definitely turning heads at tournaments and at the gym.

As far as style it is similar to the Superlite RS however it isn't a Superlite gi. The pants are heavier then the Superlite. That isn't to say that the gi isn't light as ALL of the Shoyorolls are lighter then a lot of gis on the market.

This is an all black gi with red threading that really makes the gi pop and the patches are a mix of a yellow and red combination which also makes the gi stand out.

It is a very strong and durable gi and comfortable to wear at the same time.

- Light pearl weave fabric
    - Contrasting color stitch and taping.
    - Ripstop cotton pants. Gusseted w/ gi material.
    - Rope drawstring w/ extra loops
    - Pearl weave knee pads
    - One piece jacket w/ no back seam
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams
    - Tailored Fit

Things to note:

- The Batch #4, Superlite RS, and the Blackstar are all IBJJF competition legal. The Grey Skies gi is not competition legal because in IBJJF tournaments you are not allowed to have a different color lapel. Shoyoroll now is selling and shipping soon a couple of other gi's that are competition legal.

- All of the gi's have a rasta lining which adds to Shoyorolls unique design and style:

EVERY SHOYOROLL GI I WEAR AT ANOTHER SCHOOL OR AT A TOURNAMENT I HAVE PEOPLE ASKING ME ABOUT IT!

COMING SOON:

In October Shoyoroll started a pre-order sale for their two most recent gi's. If they are still available in your size I would pick one up right away as they are landing in the US within the next week and being shipped out very soon after.

SHOYOROLL ONLY MAKES LIMITED EDITION GIS AT THE MOMENT SO DON'T MISS OUT ON THESE GI'S

The Superlite 2

PURCHASE HERE: http://www.nhbgear.com/PRE-ORDER-Sho...i-pr-1215.html

The Super Lite Shoyoroll gi is one of the lightest kimonos on the market.

- Light pearl 450g weave pearl weave fabric
    - One piece jacket with no back seam
    - Custom IPOD/ID pocket
    - EVA Foam Collar
    - Contrasting color stitch and taping
    - Custom Woven lining
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams
    - Tailored Fit

Bottom
    - 8oz lightweight cotton w/Gold Weave Gusset
    - Stretchy Rope Drawstring
    - 6 Point loop system
    - Gold weave knee pads
    - Custom Woven lining
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams
    - Tailored Fit

Shoyoroll SUPERLITE White Ripstock Gi

PURCHASE HERE: http://www.nhbgear.com/PRE-ORDER-Sho...i-pr-1216.html

- Light pearl 450g weave pearl weave fabric
    - One piece jacket with no back seam
    - Custom IPOD/ID pocket
    - EVA Foam Collar
    - Custom Woven lining
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams
    - Tailored Fit

Bottom
    - 10oz Ripstop cotton w/Gold Weave Gusset
    - Stretchy Rope Drawstring
    - 6 Point loop system
    - Gold weave knee pads
    - Custom Woven lining
    - Heavy Reinforced Seams
    - Tailored Fit

THE POINT IS PICK ONE OF THESE GIS UP RIGHT NOW!!

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 10:44am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the review. Did you want to add some ratings?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido