Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/10/2009 7:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

One credit Sonnon lists in the video I posted is that of “graduate facullty professor”. Now when you guys read that in conjuction with an exercise video doesn’t it make you think he is claiming to be a professor in the phsyical education program in something like exercise phisiology? That is what I think most people would assume and they would be very wrong. On facebook Sonnon presents a letter from Virginia Commonwealth University stating that Mr. Sonnon was approved to serve on the thesis advising committee in the Scholl of Arts Department of Theatre.

So what does that mean? He is “approved” to tell acting majors what topic they should pick for their papers? What the hell has that got to do with training tactical police or military? An honest person would not even mention this “faculty position.” It is just more subterfuge and dishonety. When I went to the VCU site and searched Sonnon’sname it produced a reference to “flow acting.” </SPAN>

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/10/2009 7:45pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kuzushi1 View Post
    One credit Sonnon lists in the video I posted is that of “graduate facullty professor”. Now when you guys read that in conjuction with an exercise video doesn’t it make you think he is claiming to be a professor in the phsyical education program in something like exercise phisiology? That is what I think most people would assume and they would be very wrong. On facebook Sonnon presents a letter from Virginia Commonwealth University stating that Mr. Sonnon was approved to serve on the thesis advising committee in the Scholl of Arts Department of Theatre.

So what does that mean? He is “approved” to tell acting majors what topic they should pick for their papers? What the hell has that got to do with training tactical police or military? An honest person would not even mention this “faculty position.” It is just more subterfuge and dishonety. When I went to the VCU site and searched Sonnon’sname it produced a reference to “flow acting.” </SPAN>
    Since this is more of an inquiry regarding a claim of Sonnon's I would post it in the other thread and keep this thread about censorship.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    12/10/2009 9:01pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There was a lot of cleanup in the thread about Alberto Crane's loss to Kurt Pelligrino. Had I been allowed to stick around, I'd have said thusly: if Brandon Jones was given full reign in training Crane as a striking coach, grappling coach AND conditionng (his actual assignment), Alberto would've fared better.

This isn't just a guess, Kurt has an aggressive style that Brandon would advocate and if Alberto had actual standup skills he could've won the fight because Brandon would've drilled in some striking skills that would've paid off.

I don't think Crane lost because of poor conditioning, getting hit in the face too much will wear anyone down. He was flat-footed and backjg up because Kurt was beating on his skull, not due to met-con issues.
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Posted On:
    5/19/2013 11:47am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MIxed

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After writing this in response to a nutritional post on his FB account, I was banned from commenting:

Well I agree with your theory on pleasure but vehemently disagree with your nutritional stance. Sugar, saturated fat and salt, these are what your body needs in abundance.

For this I am banned? For a man that preaches ad nauseum about overcoming obstacles, he tolerates no disagreement. What intellectual cowardice! If my viewpoints are flawed then either let me impale myself on my own sword of ill-informed opinions or put your debate gloves on! Apparently, commenting on his posts must rigidly conform to a self-serving back-slapping orgy for the pleasure of his fragile ego or you are deleted. I happen to have a different nutritional viewpoint, influenced by the work of Dr. Ray Peat. I agree with kuzushi1, using one's power to squash debate you do not agree with is dishonorable!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123