Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/23/2012 12:30am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: shinki ryu jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Trainin Shinki Ryu is to train for all situations.if you want to learn to fight now or if you just need to get enough confidence to swing. Shinki Ryu is not for you.if you want to be the badest ass motha in the room shinki ryu is not for you .if you want to be the one guy the badest motha doesn't want to mess with shinki ryu is for you!

Posted On:
    1/23/2012 12:45am

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ??? It's not what? Who are you responding to macs gym? Use some quotes please.

Sounds like some of the JJJ i've experienced. At the school I'm referring too the shihan has a wealth of knowledge, sometimes I'm amazed at what he comes up with in a "free flowing" (yet far from sparring) scenario. However, if you look at his students you might say they lack fighting ability. The school has a huge curriculum that would be difficult for anyone who trained regularly to absorb much less the students who train a few times a week. Same goes for sparring and randori, it's done occasionally but not nearly enough to learn the applications (compared to what i've done in BJJ). I train FMA with a guy who trains with this bunch and I enjoy the occasional class but if you're looking for an effective fighting art there are better options than most JJJ.

In case you didn't pick it up.... I agree that the style mentioned in the OP may offer a lot of knowledge. More than likely the styles' soke can demonstrate some impressive techniques on the fly. However, if the school is filled with a bunch of students who train martial arts just for the sake of it and they don't randori or spar at least once a week, it's not a school that will readily equip you with the skills needed to defend yourself when it matters most.

Posted On:
    1/23/2012 1:24am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by macs gym View Post
    Trainin Shinki Ryu is to train for all situations.if you want to learn to fight now or if you just need to get enough confidence to swing. Shinki Ryu is not for you.if you want to be the badest ass motha in the room shinki ryu is not for you .if you want to be the one guy the badest motha doesn't want to mess with shinki ryu is for you!
    So who are you and why did you feel it necessary to wake up dead threads to wave your e-peen at?
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    1/23/2012 9:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any ANY westerner who uses the title SOKE is a fuckwit with an EGO.

...And doubly so if said fuckwit has invented his own art and given it a Japanese name and rank structure.

In addition what fucking clown is teaching this shite ?

Picture 1

The guy's a fucking dan grade but he's unable apparently to kneel corrently or position himself appropriately to achieve the required control. His uke is looking the wrong direction (for purely injury prevention reasons) and is very likely to sustain heavy cramp in the shoulders, additionally his free arm isn't extended to allow him the opportunity of clearly tapping out against the kansetsu waza being applied.

Overall, if this is from a testing seminar, and given it's lifted from an album from such an event, that's fucking sloppy technical application but then lets look at pictures 2&3.

Oh dear. Like I said, what clown is teaching people sword techniques? These are so wrong for more reasons I can't begin to explain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic3.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	12947  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	12948  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	15.3 KB 
ID:	12949  

Last edited by Rock Ape; 1/23/2012 10:19am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2012 3:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ho Ho Fcuk You ! View Post
    Any ANY westerner who uses the title SOKE is a fuckwit with an EGO.
    GAH you beat me to it! I can only add that there is an excellent essay on this by William M. Bodiford in Keiko Shokon...and he's got "忍" on his wall...GAH!

Posted On:
    3/28/2012 10:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shinki Ryu Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My sensei is friends with Soke Terry Stanton and I took a class about the basics of nunchucks with Soke Terry Stanton. I take Shinki Ryu Jujitsu and it's a lot of fun. If I were you, I would join soon. Two questions:
    1. What is the sensei's name? I might know him.
    2. What's the schools name?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12