Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 6:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie Evergreen View Post
    Now read the rest of the sentence you quoted and find out why your post was a waste of time.
    What you call notable exceptions I call their business plan.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MMA in Japan=Pro Wrestling, plain and simple. When pro wrestling was big, MMA got big. When pro wrestling dwindled, so did MMA.

MMA in Japan HAS to pander to the pro wrestling audience in a way MMA in the rest of the world has never and will never.

So **** you and your "JAPANESE MMA IS THE PUREST FORM OF AWESOME AND I WOULD SAY SO IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO STOP SUCKING MULTIPLE JAPANESE MIDGET COCKS" arguement. It's based on a lie.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 6:01am

Style: Brawling, Judo, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ICY View Post
    MMA in Japan=Pro Wrestling, plain and simple. When pro wrestling was big, MMA got big. When pro wrestling dwindled, so did MMA.

MMA in Japan HAS to pander to the pro wrestling audience in a way MMA in the rest of the world has never and will never.
    Just piggybacking on this as an interesting point: This **** is true. Puroresu is marketed in japan as a competitive sport for the most part, and in many cases as a martial art form of its own. They do this to the point that promoters send their pro wrestlers to mma promotions to fight. If they do well (rarely) they come back to the promotion booked as a top guy. This is how Shinsuke Nakamura, a man with little charisma and less ability to throw a worked punch became a "Supernova". He was a "Young Boy" booked in opening matches who scored a few knockouts and subs in MMA and was booked as an up and comer shortly thereafter. Now he's a world champ who walks around like an O.G. Then again, there's also the top guys like Takayama and Nagata who get the MMA bug, get beat down and return to the worked world of ProWres real quick.

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 7:33pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I lost respect for Japanese MMA after I discovered Gomi...
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567