233493 Bullies, 3754 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 60 of 64
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. nifoc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    527

    Posted On:
    12/11/2009 6:07am


     Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakerattle79 View Post
    UFC needs to co promote as MMA is turning into a known global sport
    "Needs"?? **** no. "Should", possibly but not necessarily. Could you qualify your statement or did you just throw out a pointless statement?
  2. Hesperus is offline
    Hesperus's Avatar

    it's all vanity

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great Plains
    Posts
    3,045

    Posted On:
    12/11/2009 6:32am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, it's snakerattle79, you're lucky he didn't just copy and paste another MMA article.
  3. superninjagod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    339

    Posted On:
    12/13/2009 1:37pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lucistius View Post
    I do agree that it seems that there has been a flood of events lately but I think that the author's disdain is predicated by the (false) belief that you need big name headliners to make a good fight. A good example is any fight with John Fitch in it. He is a name but he isn't one of the big ones. This does not prevent him from putting on exciting fights every time he steps into the cage.
    Ummm.... what?? John Fitch is a great fighter but his last two fights basically put me to sleep.
  4. superninjagod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    339

    Posted On:
    12/13/2009 1:55pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakerattle79 View Post
    UFC needs to co promote as MMA is turning into a known global sport
    Could you clarify what you mean by Co-promote. Cause I don't see the NHL/NFL/NBA co-promoting. Or am I?

    I remember at one point in its Infantcy, UFC was going bankrupt when Luffa bought it over. Only through exceptional marketing can the sport survive. That is why MMA is starting to do much better than boxing. Infact as a whole it is doing alot better than boxing.

    MMA is a growing sport, and its athletes are the some of the most amazing athletes in the world. And they are some of the finest gentlemen, which shows in their respect and gratitude for each other after the fight.

    Thank God we still have MMA cause is shows some of the best that MA has to offer.

    TUF serves as an excellent marketing medium cause it makes you emotionally linked to the fighters. I always cheer for Deigo and Griffith cause I remember them from when they were a bunch of nobodies. I wouldn't have missed this last card for anything because of that.

    Yes TUF 10 sucked cause they wanted to hype of Kimbo, and they couldn't risk him not even getting into the house so instead of starting with 32 and whittling down to 16, they just picked 15 randoms and threw in Kimbo for fun. It made for a **** tastic show. TUF 9 was bad too. However Mir vs Rodrigous was awesome. THey had practical jokes and everything. I can't wait to see the fighters from that show.

    Anyway, get rid of Kimbo, and half of the problems people are discussing about the UFC on this thread will go away

    :)

    What do you mean by
  5. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    12/13/2009 2:43pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Criticism my ass. This last card was filled with excellent and exciting fights. The WORST fight on the card was Struve vs Buenetello, and that was still a good fight. Can't wait for Struve to put on about 50 lbs and fill that 6'11" frame out.
  6. superninjagod is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    339

    Posted On:
    12/14/2009 2:00am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Criticism my ass. This last card was filled with excellent and exciting fights. The WORST fight on the card was Struve vs Buenetello, and that was still a good fight. Can't wait for Struve to put on about 50 lbs and fill that 6'11" frame out.
    The last card was Freaking Awesome!!
  7. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    12/14/2009 11:51am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by superninjagod View Post
    UFC was going bankrupt when Luffa bought it over.
    That's what I love about the UFC, I get to watch great fights and exfoliate.
  8. Bohemian Nights is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    43

    Posted On:
    12/15/2009 7:25am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As has been said before, the article is way overdramatizing pretty much everything. and keeps saying stuff like "This might not be the case, but people SAYING it might be the case already makes it an issue."

    Internet forums always has the loudest and most obnoxious fans, and in no way represents the average joe, and referring to them as any kind of force is pretty silly in terms of serious journalism.
  9. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    12/15/2009 10:39am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Irie Evergreen View Post
    One of my favorite aspects about Dream is that the cards are about the fighters and their skill sets
    Superhulk.
  10. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    12/15/2009 5:34pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Superhulk.
    Now read the rest of the sentence you quoted and find out why your post was a waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.