Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 5:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    Stupid article for a variety of reasons.
    Not a great article, but

The UFC has definitely been on a downward slide.Promoting fights that aren't nearly as competitive as they are billing them to be, milking the TUF thing WAAY beyond what its worth.10 seasons!? Are you kidding me?The way some of these guys behave on there now is fucking shameful , getting piss drunk and calling each other out, throwing **** in the pool and acting like morons (whatever season that was..I stopped watching well before that) . These guys do not deserve to have the chances at fame and glory they are being given. Watching Rampage and Evans yap at each other like a couple of high school jocks - the UFC should be embarassed by this.It goes well beyond any sort of pre fight hype or the type of staredown and trash talk you used to get at weigh in press conferences. Its classless..
    I don't think Kimbo's fight was fixed..but Dana is changing his tune about Kimbo lately and trying to market him because he realizes the enormous gate receipt and PPV value his name carries. I am sure Dana can easily find him 5 tomato cans to fight and build him up for a 'mega fight' of sorts with a legitimate star before long.
    There have been numerous accusations of fight fixing and the fans are starting to turn on Dana because he is treating them like idiots. There is a fight almost every weekend and things are just not as interesting as they used to be. The fan base is still stable and still growing, no doubt.But I think a lot of real fans who have been around since the first UFC and watched it evolve into one of the most popular sports in the world are dissappointed with what it has become. Other MMA leagues present fans of the sport with a viable option if things keep going the way they are.
    And TUF ? Give it a rest already.They shouldn't need to have that show anymore.The Contender was better than any of the last 5 or 6 TUF's have been.Enough is enough.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 6:42pm

Style: diet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snakerattle79 View Post
    Following another lackluster and disappointing event, the Ultimate Fighting Championship and its president, Dana White, have once again come under heavy scrutiny among fans online,
    stopped reading right there. 'fans online' can also be translated as 'opinionated assholes'.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 7:49pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Marley's Ghost View Post
    The UFC has definitely been on a downward slide.
    PPV sales say you're wrong.

Promoting fights that aren't nearly as competitive as they are billing them to be,
    Like Forrest vs. Ortiz? Wait, that was a great performance.

milking the TUF thing WAAY beyond what its worth.10 seasons!? Are you kidding me?The way some of these guys behave on there now is fucking shameful , getting piss drunk and calling each other out, throwing **** in the pool and acting like morons (whatever season that was..I stopped watching well before that) .
    You stopped watching before the first season? How is that even possible?

There have been numerous accusations of fight fixing
    So?
    People have been calling fix since the first fight outside of a cave. If anything the unpredictable nature of fights as of late contradicts this being something going on in the UFC.

The only legitimate criticism of the UFC right now is the frequency of shows, the rest is baseless bitching. Even that criticism wouldn't be relevant except for the recent spat of injuries. The supposed poor cards would have been great if they hadn't been on their third headliner.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 10:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PPV sales might be up..but that doesn't mean the quality of fights are. TUF has been milked beyond belief and the drama is so childish it only appeals to the lowest common denominator.Do you enjoy watching Rampage and Rashad Evans yak back and forth like a couple of high school football players who have had too much to drink? Maybe you are part of this lowest common denominator, UPA.:bootyshak
    The episode where the stooges started getting drunk and challenging each other and wrecking the house was NOT the first season. Once again, you read what you want to into someone's post.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 10:31pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The episode where the stooges started getting drunk and challenging each other and wrecking the house was NOT the first season. Once again, you read what you want to into someone's post.
    actually, competitors getting drunk and destroying the house has pretty much been standard behavior since the 1st season or did you forget about Leben's drunken rampage?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 10:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by T3hJudoChop View Post
    actually, competitors getting drunk and destroying the house has pretty much been standard behavior since the 1st season or did you forget about Leben's drunken rampage?
    I guess so..I am referring to season 8 or 9 , I think. Did they act that stupid in season 1 ?:BangHead:
    Its getting tired, that's all I know.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 11:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and guess what, people enjoy watching that ****. do you know how many series of survivor they are up to now?

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 12:42am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Irie Evergreen, I don't think you know the concept of karma as well as you think you do. But I agree with pretty much everything else you wrote, as well as your avatar. Any chance of a sample?
    It is a fair cop; I reverted to the common misconception of karma in accordance with my tendency to become increasingly fallible between one and six o'clock in the morning.

The caption under my avatar is far more meaningful than the image itself: I have as much to do with marijuana as the moon has with cheese. My normal username is "Robstafarian;" this is just my lame attempt at creating a tie-in for the holidays.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 1:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess so..I am referring to season 8 or 9 , I think. Did they act that stupid in season 1 ?:BangHead:
    Its getting tired, that's all I know.
    In the first season one competitor pissed on another's pillow and broke through at least one door.

Basically you're talking out of your ass. TUF and its antics are no worse than they've been in the past. In fact, season 10 was markedly less idiotic than previous seasons and showcased talent comparable to the early seasons.

As for ppv sales not being an indicator of success of UFC shows... okay.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 2:24am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    blahblahblah
    A huge reason why the UFC is still around at all is because of the success of the Ultimate Fighter and how wacky the feuds are. Not to mention the the Shamrock/Ortiz feud which was pro wrestling at its finest in terms of over the top trash talking which culminated in record breaking viewership. I will never understand how some supposed "real" MMA fans can get so high minded and condescending towards their own product.

Seriously, go away. The industry doesn't need you to be successful.
    Last edited by edtang; 12/08/2009 2:33am at . Reason: clarified who i'm talking to
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast