Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 1:57pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have this...but I want it.

:911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 3:30pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A few of the family.

Last edited by searcher66071; 12/13/2009 3:34pm at .

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Be it ever so humble, here's mine:

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 7:49pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Thanks for the tip. The research I've done so far implies that the 229s all have external now, how does a pistol noob tell the difference?

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg60-e.htm

Am I correct in identifying the 228 on this page having an internal extractor and the 229s as external? Also, where can I tell where it was made, will it be stamped on the slide?
    Yes, you are correct. The P228 was only made in W Germany. By the time Exeter started manufacturing pistols, the P229 had already replaced it because the thicker SS slide made it possible to manufacture the pistol in calibers other than 9mm, in this case .40 and .357 SIG. The P228 had the internal extractor, and the 229 the external. You can see it by the ejection port. The German SIGs usually have different stampings than the US made models, often with the model name for the pistol on the right side instead of the left (although not always) and the frame or slide will say "Made in W. Germany".

Infidel

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 11:20am

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    Be it ever so humble, here's mine:

Is that a Ruger P85 mark II ?

I was just playing with my cousins p85 last night. I found it weird. The was no grippies (whatever the **** you call that on the slide to give you something to hold when your cocking) and he said it was the most inaccurate pistol he's ever shot.
    I was thinking of picking up a 9mm P85/P89 for my dad, is my cosin just a shitty shot or do they have accuracy issues?
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 9:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Is that a Ruger P85 mark II ?

I was just playing with my cousins p85 last night. I found it weird. The was no grippies (whatever the **** you call that on the slide to give you something to hold when your cocking) and he said it was the most inaccurate pistol he's ever shot.
    I was thinking of picking up a 9mm P85/P89 for my dad, is my cosin just a shitty shot or do they have accuracy issues?
    The gun dealer I bought it from and the box it came in says it's a KP95, the side of the weapon itself is stamped Ruger P95DC. I've had it about 10 years. Mine has ridges behind the port for grip and I think they work well. There's a decocking lever, but no dedicated safety. Other people who've shot it say the trigger pull is heavy. It's hard for me to really say whether it's more or less accurate than anything else out there as it's the only pistol I've shot with any frequency. When I was shooting regularly I was able to consistantly keep 4 inch groups at 15 yards, with no formal instruction. I think this is actually under the capability of the weapon, it's just the best I've ever been able to do. I hope that answers your questions, but if there's anything else spesific you want to know, I'll be happy to answer.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "K" just refers to the stainless slide, if I recall correctly. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the trigger is heavy and probably not as smooth as it could be, but that's what Ruger builds--overbuilt, heavy guns that are designed not to fail.
    They take a lot of crap for being ugly and heavy, but they're tough.

Posted On:
    12/15/2009 1:22pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFoxtrot51 View Post
    I don't have this...but I want it.

Anyone in their right mind wants it. It's the freaking right arm of the free world. I've been wanting a DSA for years, but they're too damn expensive for a guy living paycheck to paycheck.

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 12:27am

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    The was no grippies (whatever the **** you call that on the slide to give you something to hold when your cocking)
    The proper term for "grippies" is "slide serrations," and you might see it used in a sentence like this one:

I find that the rear slide serrations on my RIA 1911 don't provide enough grip, but I'm glad it doesn't have front slide serrations—they're great for making guns look ugly.

This post was brought to you by the letter "A," because I know to hyphenate "anal-retentive.":sign13:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/16/2009 11:48pm

Style: Justice/Firearms

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well here is what yours truly has tucked away for the zombie invasion:

And this guy is on lay away:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast