218307 Bullies, 5993 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 498
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Larus marinus is offline
    Larus marinus's Avatar

    Banzai Buddy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,083

    Points
    13,220
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassRecommendation Second Class1 year registered

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 2:51am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    Wasnt Seagal a CIA Black Op's Veteran? Or was it ex Navy Seal? Or was it Gambino Family Assassin? Or simply Buddha?
    Yes.

    YouTube- Steven Seagal Funniest Compilation Ever Made Must See !!!!
  2. SaintHamish is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,413

    Points
    3,633
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 2:54am


     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Thank you.
  3. DayOfTheJackass is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    667

    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 3:17am


     Style: bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my suggestion: 1) verify the issue of Steven Seagal'sjudo dan grade, if yes, 2) invite him to bullshido 3) infuriate him by granting a 'judo blackbelt' tag and ignoring the aikido 7th dan (i like aikido but that would be hilarious...)
  4. Adam Alexander is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217

    Points
    2,116
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 12:59pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    I don't see why Seagal should be held to a differing standard...
    Disclaimer: I don't care about Seagal and never have. I didn't start Aikido because of him and if I had known what he was doing was a style of Aikido, I probably wouldn't have investigated the art any further. I don't like his lines.

    I started Aikido because the style's lines were crisp; the techniques were sharp. Seagal's technique doesn't have the edge that I like. So, my following defense isn't meant to celebrate his Aikido or him.

    My history is five or six years in a "hard" style followed by five or four years solo kata work. (it's total 11 yrs) No rank to speak of.


    In response to the question above, Seagal is held to a different standard because his technique is out there in full view. We require lineage for those whose technique is not open and requires some sort of credibility. Seagal is comparable to someone who wins the UFC in regard to setting an art's standard.

    Win the UFC, it's no longer "respect him because he trained under prof. X." It's now"respect the guys he trains."

    Seagal, love him or hate him, made it to the top of a mountain. Which mountain? I don't know. But he now gets a free pass on his training history because of that.

    Now, that doesn't mean that you have to or should respect him. If you find his mountain to be unappealing, then you reject everything. It doesn't matter who trained him because you reject it.

    That's my two cents.
  5. Mr. Machette is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,688

    Points
    5,668
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 3:27pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jude View Post
    Was this from a bench rest? what range? double tap or individual aimed shots? I won't be giving him any credit w/o irrefutable proof.
    Saw the show last night.

    They were standing up at an "informal" outdoor range. (i.e. plinking...)

    The distance was a whopping, long distance record shaterring, Carlos Hathcock boner inducing, Simo Haya shaming, Vasilii Zaytsev face palming...





    ...ten feet.

    Yeah. Ten feet.:seppuku:
  6. Jim_Jude is offline
    Jim_Jude's Avatar

    Shime Waza Test Dummy

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,555

    Points
    3,582
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered10000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 3:40pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Saw the show last night.

    They were standing up at an "informal" outdoor range. (i.e. plinking...)

    The distance was a whopping, long distance record shaterring, Carlos Hathcock boner inducing, Simo Haya shaming, Vasilii Zaytsev face palming...





    ...ten feet.

    Yeah. Ten feet.:seppuku:
    I think invoking the Ultimate Trifecta of .30caliber Death Dealing kinda distracted from your point...
    "No. It was just ten feet."
    "Yeah, I heard, but hey: 'Don't Run, You'll just die tired.' Get it? Get it?
    Hey, hey. 'One Shot, One Kill!' Yeah, I know, it's bad ass..."
    Last edited by Jim_Jude; 12/06/2009 4:09pm at .
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

    "The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

    "Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
  7. Lindz is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Burnaby B.C.
    Posts
    2,998

    Points
    3,521
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 3:45pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Alexander View Post
    Disclaimer: I don't care about Seagal and never have. I didn't start Aikido because of him and if I had known what he was doing was a style of Aikido, I probably wouldn't have investigated the art any further. I don't like his lines.

    I started Aikido because the style's lines were crisp; the techniques were sharp. Seagal's technique doesn't have the edge that I like. So, my following defense isn't meant to celebrate his Aikido or him.

    My history is five or six years in a "hard" style followed by five or four years solo kata work. (it's total 11 yrs) No rank to speak of.


    In response to the question above, Seagal is held to a different standard because his technique is out there in full view. We require lineage for those whose technique is not open and requires some sort of credibility. Seagal is comparable to someone who wins the UFC in regard to setting an art's standard.

    Win the UFC, it's no longer "respect him because he trained under prof. X." It's now"respect the guys he trains."

    Seagal, love him or hate him, made it to the top of a mountain. Which mountain? I don't know. But he now gets a free pass on his training history because of that.

    Now, that doesn't mean that you have to or should respect him. If you find his mountain to be unappealing, then you reject everything. It doesn't matter who trained him because you reject it.

    That's my two cents.
    What? I don't have a clue what you're talking about.
  8. shaolin pimp is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Shaolin Temple
    Posts
    341

    Points
    2,099
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 4:42pm


     Style: Muay Thai

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    five or four years solo kata work? what?
  9. Adam Alexander is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    217

    Points
    2,116
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 4:58pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The post is in response to the implied question "why does he get a free pass." The answer is because those who like him like him for the technique he shows. Those who dislike him or his technique aren't going to care either way.

    He gets a pass because everything he is is out there.
  10. hpr is offline
    hpr's Avatar

    Knock-off Cthulhu

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Helsinki / Finland
    Posts
    2,180

    Points
    3,648
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points

    Posted On:
    12/06/2009 5:42pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Alexander View Post
    Win the UFC, it's no longer "respect him because he trained under prof. X." It's now"respect the guys he trains."
    Oh really? Why is it then that I keep hearing about Greg Jackson or Mark Dellagrotte or any of those top coaches all the fucking time when I watch UFC? I mean, substitute professor with coach and there you go.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.