Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 3:55pm

Style: Judo/Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scott, I sincerely hope you're reading this. As many of people have already stated here alot of your material is very good. In my view you're a good athlete and instructor. My problem is with your methods, by that I'm referring to your constant over the top self promotion. It is why so many people are alienated by you on this and several other forums. I wish you would tone it down.

No one here is trying to deny your right to earn a living but I truly believe you would do better if you would just come clean a little. You have your supporters and thats great but you could have so much more. We are all human and no one is perfect, we have all made mistakes.

Scott you have a great deal to offer, just think how much we could accomplish if we were united. I'm being sincere here Scott, if you wish to reply (and I hope you do) publicly or privately I would like to talk to you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Gregg

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 6:18pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HMmm... if Dynamo is who I think, I suppose Sonnon aught to pay attention. Some folks really are as accomplished as other's claim.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 7:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is Scott's updated "rebuttal" to our critique of his images (from http://www.rmaxinternational.com/flowcoach/?p=644 )

Debunking Claims of Fraud
    December 3, 2009 – 10:42 am
    People from an US Sambo company claimed that I did not earn an Honorable Master of Sport diploma, incited by the President of their association, Stephen R. Koepfer. On their company forum, before I resigned from their organization, they claimed that I did not have an Honorable Master of Sport. So, I took down my picture frame and scanned it in several pieces and reassembled it as one image (the diploma is 11×14, whereas the scanner is 8×11, so scanned it in two pieces and then put them together so you could see all the nice scrolling of the original document).

After their attack, I resigned from their organization, because I was not going to support an organization which cannibalized its supporters in the same way that other Sambo organizations had done in the past, the very reason I resigned from my position as President of the first American Sombo association, Vice-President of the American Sambo federation, Chairman of the International Combat Sambo Commission for FIAS (the international governing body for Sambo) and US National Coach for our team. I don’t have time for politics, as I believe in an athletes-first approach to martial arts. And frankly, it consumed too much of my personal time that I devote to actual training!

Now, they claimed because the online image was multiple scans of the document to fit my scanner, Steve and his cohorts have started an online smear campaign, by claiming that not only my HMoS diploma was a fake, but also my certificates from the Israeli counter-terrorism base I just returned from training.

LOTAR: Counter-terrorism experts? - No BS MMA and Martial Arts

So, in the event that any innocent readers see these lies from Steve, I dismantled the picture frames in my office and scanned just the center of HMoS diploma, and uploaded it. It’s not as nice as the first online image, because the scrolling doesn’t fit on the screen. But, at least it’s a “clean” image with incontrovertible proof of the veracity of the document.

The document that had been used online from LOTAR - the Israeli counter-terrorism base - was given to me by Maor Bashan - chief instructor of Krav Maga training on the base, which he posted online. Rather than take the original signed document out of the picture frames, I just used Maor’s image.

But of course, Steve and his organization used this as a means of claiming the document was a fake, that I forged it. Only amateurs would think that anyone would be stupid enough to fake documents from the Israeli special forces. A professional knows that you would just… let’s say, not be in a position to ever make that mistake again, if you did. So, I dismantled my picture frames in my office and scanned in the originals and posted them.

Now, they’re claiming that because I posted new images, that somehow I must be a fraud because I “changed” them from the prior. This I don’t understand. Their nonsense has spilled into 3 forums across the internet so far. It’s no longer Steve “wondering” if my credentials are fake (inciting an online riot of people claiming that they are). Now, it’s across the internet of people claiming that I’m a fraud. Steve knows very well what he’s doing. This is transparent political subterfuge.

I shall never give him or his company the satisfaction of responding to their online inquisition. But for you, my friends, students and brothers in arms, I want you to know the truth, and for any claim I have made, I will provide you with proof and evidence to back it up.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.” - Theodore Roosevelt.
    Again Mr Sonnon, if you're reading this, I do not work for Steve Koepfer or his "company". While I have worked with him on Bullshido investigations, I have never met the man (although I wouldn't mind). Still, based on my previous dealings with him, I can tell you this much: He is not full of ****, which is more than I can say for you. SAMBO politics? Really? I have no connection to SAMBO at all. My interest is in SanDa, which I see you are claiming some sort of international title in. Perhaps we'll look into that next? In the mean time, would you please explain why your ASF HMoS diploma fails to display the ASF eagle, but somehow manages to contain the FIAS grapplers and globes? Coupled with your previous (and blatantly false) claim that your HMoS rank was granted by FIAS(!), one wonders if this isn't the reason for the tampering....

Grow up. I am not with the ASA and I don't give a toss about SAMBO people or their politics. SanDa? Now that's a different story...

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 8:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't work for Stephen Koepfer. I don't practice SAMBO/CAMBO/Pantsless Godless Communism/whatever. I don't know Scott Sonnon.

I started this thread because I had a question about a certificate. I am not a part of any smear campaign. I just saw something that didn't look right. It doesn't look any better now; in fact, the deceptions have grown worse and more transparent.

I am nobody's puppet, Mr. Sonnon, and I am part of no conspiracy. I just didn't believe your LOTAR cert. I still don't.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 10:38pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Scott Sonnon Posted:
    But of course, Steve and his organization used this as a means of claiming the document was a fake, that I forged it.
    For the record, I have not purued this on the ASA forum (though I did link to this thread). I also have not claimed any document a forgery. In fact, I stated I was not prepared to say that at this time. I have said that the images looked manipulated, which by Sonnon's own admission, they are. The reasons for this is what the folks here are looking at. Lastly, Bullshido is not my "company". I am not even admin here.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 12:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haven't checked on this thread in awhile, but I was wondering if Dr Sonnon, as a "Counter-Terrorism Expert" had any findings on holiday travel in the states? Perhaps he has contacts in the Air Marshals program and would like to give us some insight as to what sort of threat level and we are expecting.

Or is he more of a Middle-East expert, since he apparently has been "vetted" there, and does he have an opinion on the Obama Administration's stance on the settlements?

Maybe, with his background as a movie producer, screenwriter and actor, he'd be able to make an action film that ties together "Bourne Identity" and more current events such as the situation in Pakistan/Afghanistan.

Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 12:49am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A thread was started on the UG linking to this one, all posts in it have now been deleted (strangely after Scott purchased business membership there) and a thread questioning why his threads were being censored is now completely gone after the thread starter was banned. Scott clearly isn't dealing with this in a remotely professional manner.

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 1:35am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    A thread was started on the UG linking to this one, all posts in it have now been deleted (strangely after Scott purchased business membership there) and a thread questioning why his threads were being censored is now completely gone after the thread starter was banned. Scott clearly isn't dealing with this in a remotely professional manner.
    Kirik is easily bought...
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 3:36am

Style: Baboo Baby

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's sad. Has that happened with anyone else?

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 11:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been made aware from a reliable source that Sonnon's LOTAR cert has checked out as legit.

This is the conversation I was sent:

==========

[quote]

Cranky December 4 at 9:46am
    Hi, I was wondering if you are the same Maor Bashan who is Krav Maga Chief Instructor for LOTAR. If so I have an important question.

Maor Bashan December 4 at 1:52pm
    yes

Cranky December 4 at 3:09pm
    Please take a look at the image hosted at http://www.rmaxinternational.com/images/lotarcert.jpg

I would like to know if that is really your signature, or if it is a fake.

Many thanks

www.rmaxinternational.com
    Source: www.rmaxinternationa...

Maor Bashan December 4 at 11:53pm
    yes, its real my frind, i gave it to mr. Scott Sonnon.

Cranky December 5 at 12:14am
    Oh, OK thanks. You can never be too careful.

==============

This is, of course, very good news for Scott. I am very glad his cert is real, as that means there is one less piece of BS in the world. I will say though that being commended for teaching a tactical fitness seminar is not, in and of itself, basis for claiming expertise in counter-terrorism.

That said, we should redouble our efforts to examine Scott's resume as fairly and reasonably as possible. I'm sure everyone agrees that it would be preferable if ALL of Sonnon's information checked out. The fewer frauds the better.

I also want to add that I still have serious issues with what he claims to have done with his HMoS cert. Doctoring an image of a cert, even if its legit, and then posting it on the web as evidence of a qualification is a) Asking to get called out, and b) Unethical.

I can not paste together multiple scans of my university transcript, and claim that the resulting chimeric image is a representitive of the original document, even if I do not alter the content. If I post this image, a disclaimer announcing what I have done is necessary, otherwise the implication that the registrar's seal and signature grant authority to the entire image, including the portions from which they have been detatched is a violation of the trust of the issuing authority.

A simpler analogy. I own a ski mask; I own a condo. I am within my rights to don said mask and kick in the street-side door to my residence. When my neighbors alert the police to a suspicious possibly forced entry, they are being good neighbors.

We are being good neigbors Scott. Quit your whining and let the facts come out.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 12/07/2009 11:37am at .

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast