Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 2:21pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Weal View Post
    In his attempt to remove the defects I mentioned yesterday, mr Sonnon has inadvertently provided us with extremely high-resolution versions of the images in question. This makes my job so very much easier.

Thanks Scott.
    What is his explanation for changing the LOTAR cert? That's not a scanner issue! And where are the scanned-document artifacts?

Changing those images at ALL is an admission of guilt. He just tipped his hand.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 2:24pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those interested, here is the story regarding why Sonnon left the ASA:
    http://www.worldwidegrappling.com/gr...5&page=1&pp=10

This thread has nothing to do with that old squabble.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Banzai Buddy

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 2:34pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just wondering WW - could it be the case that he really did scan the Sambo certificate in two pieces, edited it together a bit sloppily, then cut+pasted the top left corner in from another part of the image for the sake of 'who cares? - it's just the corner'?

Like so? Would that be at all plausible?

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 3:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Larus marinus View Post
    Just wondering WW - could it be the case that he really did scan the Sambo certificate in two pieces, edited it together a bit sloppily, then cut+pasted the top left corner in from another part of the image for the sake of 'who cares? - it's just the corner'?

Like so? Would that be at all plausible?

No, there is no way to cover a rectangle 11 x 14 with two 8 x 11 rectangles using that orientation

Perhaps Mr Sonnon would like to explain the method he used? There is only one way to do it.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 3:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Io Saturnalia View Post
    What is his explanation for changing the LOTAR cert? That's not a scanner issue! And where are the scanned-document artifacts?

Changing those images at ALL is an admission of guilt. He just tipped his hand.
    That's right. I had no way of making a case against the LOTAR cert just based on the image alone, and yet he felt the need to clean it up.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 5:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if Sonnon did a Tacfit seminar there, how does that make him a counter-terrorism expert as he claims on his wiki bio? I am sure he did a seminar for them - regardless of whether they gave him those certificates or not. But the leap to being a counter-terrorism expert from offering a fitness seminar is a grand one.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 5:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I'd like to know what he did for them. Perhaps Gidi can find out.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 5:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is his own blog post about it:
    http://www.rmaxinternational.com/flowcoach/?p=634

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 7:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread is not, and should not devolve into a Koepfer vs Sonnon debacle. That is the fartherst thing from the truth. Unfortunately, Scott has seen fit to pin this on me. OK, cool, it is a free country. Scott can speak his peace in the safety of his own blog, where I am banned and can't respond to him directly or where he does not have to answer to questions posted here.

While, I wish to keep this on task in terms of Scott's claims, I feel I must at the very least comment since Scott has seen fit to call me out personally on his blog, rather than come here and discuss the question regarding his certs with all of us.

Scott Sonnon posted:
    People from an US Sambo company claimed that I did not earn an Honorable Master of Sport diploma, incited by the President of their association, Stephen R. Koepfer. On their company forum, before I resigned from their organization, they claimed that I did not have an Honorable Master of Sport. So, I took down my picture frame and scanned it in several pieces and reassembled it as one image (the diploma is 11×14, whereas the scanner is 8×11, so scanned it in two pieces and then put them together so you could see all the nice scrolling of the original document).
    I find it funny that Scott refers to the ASA as a "US Sambo company". Is that supposed to be a dig or insult? LOL. Yes, I own American Sambo, LLC and run it as a company. In case anyone cared. Is RMAX not a company?

Regarding past discussions with Scott and why he resigned the ASA (our US Sambo company...LOL), those who wish to know and read Scott's own words and the actions that led to his leaving the ASA, you can read it for yourself here and make your own decisions: http://www.worldwidegrappling.com/gr...5&page=1&pp=10

Suffice to say, we did discuss his claimed HMoS, but if you decide to read the old WWG thread, you will see that after a very short time in the ASA, Scott resigned rather than answer many serious questions being posited to him...primarily about his then new Saddle and RMAX Sambo/Saddle marketing scheme. The HMoS was a very small diversion there, though he did post his cert back then (the very one first posted here). I honestly never looked at it then the way it is being examined by the folks here at BS now. In the end, like now, rather than answer questions, Sonnon tucked tail and left. Fine, that is his choice.

After their attack [he called it a witch hunt back then], I resigned from their organization, because I was not going to support an organization which cannibalized its supporters in the same way that other Sambo organizations had done in the past, the very reason I resigned from my position as President of the first American Sombo association, Vice-President of the American Sambo federation, Chairman of the International Combat Sambo Commission for FIAS (the international governing body for Sambo) and US National Coach for our team. I don’t have time for politics, as I believe in an athletes-first approach to martial arts. And frankly, it consumed too much of my personal time that I devote to actual training!
    OK, This is not about sambo politics. Anyone in the sambo community can speak to the ASA and my willingness to work accross political boundaries for the good of our art. The ASA did not cannibalize it's supporters as Sonnon states. We questioned one supporter...Scott Sonnon. Why Sonnon left other organizations in the past is does not matter here. So, while Scott Sonnon would like to paint this as some kind of sambo political move, a crusade against him by us sambo "traditionalists", it is clearly not. This was always about one person...Scott Sonnon.

Problem is that Scott, who has been absent from the Sambo community for a decade, thinks that any criticism of him is a criticism of sambo itself. Sorry Scott, it is not about Sambo politics because nobody in the sambo community really cares about you any longer. As you said, you left the community long ago and you are a pariah. You are not that important. This is about you and your claims only.

I will not respond to Sonnon's explainations as to why there were so many problems with his certs...except to say, that his explainations make no logical sense. WW is the expert there and I will let him or others discuss their assessments in that regard.

Lastly, in response to Scott Sonnon's claim that I incited all this, he is dead wrong. I am not the one who posted questionable documents for the world to see. Yes, the question regarding Scott's relationship to LOTAR opened the door for me to comment on past issues with Sonnon's credentials and claims. But, inciting a riot? Give me a break. If you don't want to be questioned, don't put obviously doctored documents on line. Scott brought this on himself.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 12/03/2009 7:33pm at .

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 9:51pm

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, so here is my bit.

Steve is a good dude. He started the ASA to promote SAMBO, honest SAMBO, not bullshit, nor trumped up repackaged stuff. That is what the organization is doing. Integrity is key in all things, the ASA works towards maintaining ours. We don't give ranks; we sweat with you and show you what we know. We are also having a positive impact on the US SAMBO community.

Plain, simple, and honest.

I can't speak to the quality or lack thereof of Sonnon's stuff. I think that his pushing health stuff is fantastic in this fat-ass country of ours. Does he use methods that I myself would use, no, but that doesn't make it wrong.

Lying on the other hand is wrong. Come clean, call it what it is, and focus on trying to be good not original. Another piece of crap paper is just that, recycled material.

By refusing to talk, except in his own compound, you get into a whole pile and has been noted here, makes you look guilty as charged.

Now... my bone to pick revolves around talking about the ASA. If you have an issue with someone, bring it up to them. In this case he took his marbles and went home when folks started asking questions. I am sorry to say, that this is the way he has dealt with everything I have ever seen.

Here is the deal, when you sell yourself,....and I do mean sell yourself, as a goddamnned expert, you should be able to answer the questions like a mother fucking adult, as well as an expert. Sometimes that means saying….” I don’t know….but I will find out.”

What you don't do is go back into the house and pull the blinds.

I am part of the ASA and my goal has been and always will be to create a community for the sport I love, SAMBO.

Now on a separate note, I went to the RMAX sight and a thing drew my interest.

It is not illegal, nor is it inaccurate, (I know a couple of dudes taking the TACfit class, which they like,) but it is in poor taste to use the Firemans' Maltese cross, if you aren't in the job. I don't care how the anti-terrorist community does it, unless you are part of a fire department, you are not a firefighter, period.

The Tacfit may be a great fitness program, but Scott is a civilian. He can teach a million and two firefighters TACfit, but he is still a civilian. The use of the symbol of my trade, (in addition to my father's and brother's,) is in poor taste.

As I know Scott is reading this thread, I would be happy to discuss anything I have said in person, (I will be in Bellingham teaching Fire stuff, in Jan.) or over the phone. I can be reached at 206-713-9745. Finally, if Scott is in Seattle feel free to call upon me.

I am more than happy to discuss whatever is on the table.

Aaron Fields
    VP American SAMBO Association
    Sea-Town SAMBO

Seattle Fire Department
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast