Hell yeah! Hell no!

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/18/2010 10:22am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here are the two responses I received from Adam Skogen. This was based on checking the email when he was a troll and further contact with SamboSteve which made me dig deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by IiF
    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:59:12 -0700 (PDT)
    To: ******ADAMSKOGEN******
    Subject: Location

Hello,

I'm curious if you are still based in Colorado as a CST instructor.

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skogen
    Hello,

I am still based in Denver, and I do still have clients. However, my CST cert is not current. I didn't pursue the recert because my training career took a different route. However, I'd be happy to discuss training with you.

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Iif
    ******adamskogen******
    Sent: Mon, October 18, 2010 12:35:45 PM
    Subject: Re: Location

Thanks you for your quick reply. The reason I ask is that someone joined Bullshido and has used your name "Adam Skogen" as the registration name for a screen name called Therma.

Here are the two links:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100808
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...t=92118&page=5

I contacted you because I saw you were living in Colorado and the IP for the account traces to Washington. I wanted to confirm if it was you or not before I possibly banned the account.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skogen
    I just had a chance to look at those links, and I can assure you, "Therma" is not me. I have no idea who it is, and I wouldn't be as much of a jackass as "Therma" apparently is.

If you would, please ban that account ASAP. Is my name associated anywhere online with that screen name? If so, feel free to make a public announcement saying that I have no association with the person using that name. You are also welcome to use this email in an online posting as well.

Thank you, and keep me posted if anything else happens with that screen name or my name.

Thanks,
    The Real Adam Skogen
    I appreciate the time Adam Skogen spent reading the two threads and the quick responses to my questions. No, this doesn't prove 100% this is Scott Sonnon.

Oh and of course this is Bullshido so:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	therma - Member Profile - Bullshido' - www_bullshido_net_forums_member_php_u=46342.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	11358  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	therma - Member Profile - Bullshido' - www_bullshido_net_forums_member_php_u=46342.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	11359  

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/21/2010 10:20am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regarding Sonnon being a deisciple of Amma's, his yoga guru as stated here:
    http://www.usadojo.com/articles/scot...hter-yogi.html

This version of the same article says "Formal Student"
    http://www.rmaxinternational.com/flowcoach/?p=568

I just recieved this e-mail:

Aum Amriteswaryai Namah

Dear Mr. Koepfer,
    Amma has very few formal disciples. However she sees millions of people each year throughout the world on her annual world tours. It is certainly possible that Mr. Sonnon has attended some of Amma's programs over the years and felt inspired by her talks, and that he has accepted Amma as his guru, as have countless others throughout the world. However Amma has never taught hatha yoga, nor espoused anything called Prasara Yoga. And he is not a formal disciple.

Hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
    Vinay
    International Office, Amritapuri
    Last edited by sambosteve; 11/21/2010 10:29am at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/11/2010 6:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    12/12/2010 1:30am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Wow, it got pulled by the user already. That seems a bit suspect. Steve, could you give a summary of the video other than the title?
    Last edited by Naszir; 12/12/2010 1:32am at . Reason: Avoiding low content post.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 1:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ****...LOL. Gone already. It was scott sonnon talking about how he was trained by the russians like some secret super weapon...old films and all. And now all his speacial ops work is declassified so he can finally share it with you...LOL. Except that he shared the same old crap as usual.

It is still on facebook.

It is called "Scott Sonnon and the Origins of Tacfit Commando"
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....77987&comments

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/13/2010 1:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a very funny video...gotta watch this...LOL
    YouTube - TacFit Commando ATTACK Video

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    12/25/2010 10:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Merry Christmas from Black Belt Magazine!
    Sonnon is one of the 6 most influential martial artists of the 21st century!

http://ussambo.com/stuff/sonnonblackbelt.pdf

BTW, 3 of the 6 named martial artists work for Black Belt Magazine...LOL

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 10:56am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video has surfaced of the sambo match discussed earlier in the thread. This is the match which by Scott's description is the corner stone of his entire fitness career, HMoS, etc.

It seems the video, as with most things involving Sonnon, lies somewhere in the middle of various recollections. Some truth, some exaggeration.

Scott's descriptions of the match:
    In 1993, I was in the fight of my life against my Russian counter-part in the final match at the Olympics for University athletes, the Universiade, also known as World University Games, held in Montreal, Quebec. Unfortunately, my opponent was the better athlete that day, and landed me in an arm-bar. I refused to tap out, since submitting would have cost the USA Sambo Team more team points. In his grip, my arm shattered under the precision force of his technique, as a squelched my pain since making any noise while in a joint lock means that you submit. [That rule was for obvious reasons: with so many different languages, they had to make a rule that would allow the referees to know if a fighter was truly submitting. Even a grunt equals forfeit.] I managed to fight the final minutes hiding my broken limb from the referees to avoid injury disqualification; since if your opponent breaks your limb during a legitimate technique, you lose.

That silver medal was the most important victory of my career, because it reminded me of the value of connective tissue strength. I was no stranger to these type of injuries, being born with a disease called osteochondrosis, I’ve had many more broken bones, dislocations and tears as a child than I care to remember.
    and

In 1993, I lost my match because I allowed my arm to be broken at the World University Games in Montreal, Quebec. Submitting ("tapping out") would have cost the USA Team more team points, rather than losing by technical superiority (my opponent won on points.) I managed to finish the match without injury disqualification (if your opponent breaks your limb in Sombo, you lose, but I hid this from the referee). That silver medal was the most important victory of my career (emphasis mine) , because it taught me the value of "connective tissue strength." My concealment of the injury led to avascular necrosis in my scaphoid: a condition that locked my hand in vice-like pain unable to hold anything. When your sport involves being able to grip a man and throw him to the ground, the inability to hold anything is career ending.
    Zurab Bekochvili's account as per Matt Phillips:

Originally posted by Matt Phillips:
    Mr Sonnon's opponent in the match he describes above was Mr Zurab Bekochvili then of Brooklyn NY. I spoke with Mr Bekochvilli by phone on several occasions and received the following description: Mr Bekochvilli and Mr Sonnon fought at 180# in the match for 1st place. Mr Sonnon was submitted by flying armbar. Sonnon's "free" arm was pinned beneath him when he fell to the mat. Unable to tap, sonnon screamed for the ref to end the fight as his arm was broken. Mr Bekochvili has a vhs of this (and his other) matches from that day.

The match:

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/27/2011 11:01am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know the rules used? I'm curious as to why they were stopping or is it because they moved outside of the last circle?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17 LastLast