Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 8:55pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vile_zoidberg View Post
    Oooh! Epic Judo! Not just throwing one guy, but throwing that guy into the other! I would pay $50 just to see a double KO from a seonage. That's right, $50 for five seconds of footage.
    That is exactly why this thing is worth seeing. They don't allow ground work in 3-person part of the fight, but they still allow throws & that could very well be amazing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 9:05pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This will be just like the original UFC......Underground fights, pirate VHS fight tapes and a lifetime of myths, legacys and outright bullshit.....

Im in.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 2:44am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    from what i've witnessed in street fights, people are open to sucker punches whenever they focus on anything. i've seen quite a few people get knocked when they were trying to hit someone else, then got attacked from the side or behind. the issue seems to be less about whether you're standing or on the ground, and more about how many people you are fighting at once.

the "unnatural" part of this is that the 3 guys are all fighting each other. there are no sides. i've never seen that actually happen in front of me, as far as i noticed.

if it was 2 vs 1 or even 3 vs 2, the best strategy would be an immediate takedown for the larger group in my opinion.

but this is 3 single fighters, no groups.

here's my guess for what would work best under these rules and with this many fighters:

stand and never throw more than 1 or 2 strikes at a time, aiming for a knockout blow. if you spend more than a few seconds trying engaging with 1 opponent, the other will capitalise. regardless of whether you're on the ground or standing.

never get between the two of them. however, this might lead to 3 guys chasing each other around in circles.

once the first guy is dealt with, it's basically MMA.

i might also add that i know someone who managed to use someone as a shield on the ground against stomps and soccer kicks from a group of people. he made them strike their friend by accident. there were about 10 guys though and they eventually beat him up pretty bad, but it worked for a short time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 6:44am

Style: Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only way this could get better is if they start wearing hakamas and frog suits and otomix pants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 7:57am

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Danno is on the right track with the idea that we won't know what works until the fights happen. Simple attention and keeping an 'eye' on both opponants will play a huge role. It seems logical that you wouldn't engage for long combos with 1 other fighter with a 3rd fighter right there.

Maybe now there's an applied use to the Shito-Ryu excercise I did years ago. Frontkick, sidekick, backkick. It might not make opponants fly through the air like the movies, but it just might work.

I can see a gem of knowledge coming from this: Attacking and defending your 'blindside' while being focused ahead. There are some movements from martial arts designed for this use, but this sort of pressure testing will polish those gems that work. Most alive sparring that I know of is 1 opponant. I haven't really seen much alive training for multiple attackers/opponants. I know Matt Thornton has acknowledged that even a well-trained fighter is at a serious disadvantage with multiple opponants. He says he knows because he's tried sparring multiple opponants.

Under the current ruleset, meatshield JJ won't be a factor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 8:09am

Style: blunt trauma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Three men enter. One man leaves.

Then later, another man leaves.

Then the last guy leaves.

Just doesn't have the right ring to it.

Anyway, the Battlebots vid made me weep to realize how badly I miss that show.:new_puppy

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 2:27pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think just plain cardio is going to be the big factor. assuming all three are keeping wary of the other two to avoid the suckerpunch, it's going to come down to who can outlast the others. I feel like it will make for some exciting fights at first, but then quickly get boring as everyone becomes a smarter and more cautious fighter.

just throwing/sweeping people seems like a good way to tire your opponents out though, while keeping yourself mostly safe.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 2:31pm

Style: Jiu-jitsu & HEMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really hoping to see someone knocked out when another guy is hip tossed onto the first man's head.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 4:41pm

Style: Judo (injury), ETS-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SBG-ape View Post
    I'm really hoping to see someone knocked out when another guy is hip tossed onto the first man's head.
    Or tomoe nage'd across the mat to shatter the other guy's knee.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 9:19am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe you could have a police round where one guy has to break the other two up and keep them from landing scoring techniques for X seconds.

Honestly, I don't care as long as I don't have to drink any Canine Lamborghinis.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast