Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 4:55am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu & Dacayana Eskrim

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hiya everyone,

I`m a Dacayana Coach in Wales and study under Master Jun Dacayana, Marcie Harding and Jo Biggs. I would like to add to what Marcie has already said about the system. I`ve been training in the Dacayana style now for around 7 years but have also trained in a bit of Kali. The Dacayana system is a very fast, flowing style and covers a wide range of aspects such as empty hand, single and double stick as well as stick and dagger plus much, much more. This is an amazing system and well worth a try.

Posted On:
    6/23/2012 4:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu & Dacayana Eskrim

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hiya everyone,

I`m a Dacayana Coach in Wales and study under Master Jun Dacayana, Marcie Harding and Jo Biggs. I would like to add to what Marcie has already said about the system. I`ve been training in the Dacayana style now for around 7 years but have also trained in a bit of Kali. The Dacayana system is a very fast, flowing style and covers a wide range of aspects such as empty hand, single and double stick as well as stick and dagger plus much, much more. This is an amazing system and well worth a try.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 3:15am

Style: JKD, BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Julie, do you mind elaborating a bit more about your art? For instance, how often do you guys spar? How much intensity do you usually put into sparring, and how much protective gear is there? Is the stick usually treated as a stick, or is it often seen as a sword a lá Kali Ilustrisimo? Any stick grappling?

The reason I ask is simply that I'm curious.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/28/2012 8:59am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcie View Post
    Hi Guys

I can assure you that the Dacayana system as taught in the UK is as 'Legit' (as you put it) as any other system over here. The only difference is it is fairly new to the UK.

there is plenty of info on our websites www.dacayanaeskrima.com or if you take a look at Master Jun Dacayana on youtube you can see the system first hand eg :

YouTube- EMPTY HAND techniques

this clip has had 40,000 views - there are lots of others for you to look at too!

There is no BS in the system and it is pure FMA - will be happy to answer any questions you may have - feel free to contact me directly

Take care
    Marcie Harding
    Dacayana UK
    Well that website seems to not be working. I believe this is the correct one:

http://www.dacayanauk.co.uk/

At what point in your program does sparring start, and to what level of intensity.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Posted On:
    7/22/2012 8:36am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Eskrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Diesel_tke Thanks for putting up the correct Web address for us.

Regarding sparring I am happy fpr each club owner/coach to introduce sparring when they wish.

However I tend to make sure that students have a pretty good idea of the basics and how to move before I introduce it.

Personally I don't particularly go for heavily protected sparring as I think it tends to remove some of the realism and can lead to a false sense of security in defence.

When we do spar we either go for our 'stick breaking' techniques with full power to test our defences or we use gloves and headguards in order to give us some level of protection..... but of course people have to go to work and earn a living after sparring so we have to limit the level of contact to some degree :)

please note we are not against Eskrima for sport with the full armour but just tend to minimise the amount of armour we train with.

hope that helps
    Best wishes
    Marcie
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12