Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 10:39am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^exactly, Millen made a big (in my opinion stupid) statement, Dana's just calling him on it, nobody really thinks any of this goes towards serious negotiation (do they??)

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 10:45am

Style: Sub-Grap/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dana get alot of critisizm for talking **** but Millen is one of the biggest douchebags around. I really cant stand that guy! I personally think that Finkelstein and Millen are the main reasons Fedors not in the UFC not Dana.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 10:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know, I tend to believe Dana when he says Millen wasn't part of the negotiations (or at least not a substantial part)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 11:52am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that Dana brings up Fedor every few months shows how bad he wants him, even though he plays it off. What a strange person.

Anyway, let's get a Millan vs White. I'd pay to see THAT.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    11/30/2009 4:43pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiss View Post
    The fact that Dana brings up Fedor every few months shows how bad he wants him, even though he plays it off. What a strange person.

Anyway, let's get a Millan vs White. I'd pay to see THAT.
    Millen gave an interview where he talked about how much he'd like to fight Dana; Dana offered to fly him to Vegas at his own expense and give him 10K if he lasted a round with him. Millen declined.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 2:46pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Festivus Cephalopod View Post
    Millen gave an interview where he talked about how much he'd like to fight Dana; Dana offered to fly him to Vegas at his own expense and give him 10K if he lasted a round with him. Millen declined.

Was that the same interview where he claimed Dana wanted it to be a boxing match, and not an MMA fight, since he would "only hurt Millen in the boxing ring" but would have "killed him in the Octagon"?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 4:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok back to Lesnar vs. Fedor, I envision it unfolding this way: Lesnar gets out of the hospital and ends up fighting Fedor for free. Fedor kicks the **** out of Lesnar and Dana and Lesnar both complain that he's still not completely healthy or back to 100% and that's why he got his ass handed to him.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 5:34am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nifoc View Post
    Considering M-1's record in MMA-promotions (Affliction, PRIDE, Bodog...), I totally understand that Zuffa has no intention of co-promoting anything with them. I honestly can't see any reasonable explanation for why they'd even want to, considering that they have a working concept and managing to grow at a tremendous pace. As a fan I am dissapointed that we might never see Fedor in the UFC, but (also as a fan) I don't want Zuffa to get into bed with a company with such a poor international business-record as M-1.
    this. there is no fucking way anyone should be doing business with M-1, they are experts at tanking promotions.

The thing is, Fedor needs UFC, but they dont need him. Fedor is gonna get older, get more busted, get weaker. UFC is going the other direction and is doing just fine without him.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 10:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    this. there is no fucking way anyone should be doing business with M-1, they are experts at tanking promotions.

The thing is, Fedor needs UFC, but they dont need him. Fedor is gonna get older, get more busted, get weaker. UFC is going the other direction and is doing just fine without him.
    Fedor doesn't need the UFC, he's making as much or more money now and is fighting competition that is on par with what is available in the UFC at HW.

Also, the tanking of those promotions was internal, not due to M-1.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123