Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: teen fighter

Style
    intirested in bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

teen fighter

hey, i am 16 and i am really intirested in mma. I would really like to start learning some kind of martial art, like im kinda leaning towards jiu jitsu. the problem is that all the places i fount around me (shreveport, louisiana) are either for little kids or adults. Can anyone give me any advice on this?

And also until i can find some place to train is there anything i can do at home? Such as workouts, conditioning, and basic techniques?

THanks alot,
    Clint

Style
    Brazilian JiuJiitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i personaly think 16 is a fine age to go up against "adults" being a small dude myself , and im 19, and have many 25+ yr old guys who are in tip top shape at my gym, and i do just fine against them. im probably even smaller then most 16 year olds (only thing i can see being an advantage is i have had 3 more years of weight lifting and exercise...but technique is more crutial then strength)

Style
    MMA, Yoga
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The under 18 year olds at my gym seem to pick up everything twice as fast as those over 18, it scares me. We have a 16 and 17 year old who fight like they have 2+ years experience after 6 months training. There is no reason you shouldn't be training with the adults, it will do you a lot of good.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Style
    kenpo, Wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HS Wrestling. Join team. Train freestyle greco roman, now that season is over.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interested? Dude, come talk to me when you're balls drop.

Style
    TKD, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're 16, join the wrestling team. Work your ass off. It's the best free training you'll ever get.

Style
    Isshin-ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrestle, box on off season, train with the best people you can find.

Its that easy.

Style
    Boxing, Rowing Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of the above. Words don't do my jealousy justice: you get to WRESTLE for FREE. I'd harvest orphans for a wrestling club in my country, let alone my school/uni.

Stu xD

Style
    intirested in bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i didnt know they would let me train with adults, I'll have to check out the local classes around me again.

My schools wrestling team isnt worth spit, so i dunno about that, I'll look into it though. i think our school is the very least funded school around.

Thanks for everyones input, well everyone but "Omega the merciless" the guy that seems to be intirested in my balls for some reason.

Style
    Boxing, Rowing Fu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by clintwilson59 View Post
    "Omega the merciless" the guy that seems to be intirested in my balls for some reason.
    Omega iz ghey lololololol!!!111one

Or not.

Stu xD

Page 1 of 2 12 Last