Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 12:13am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJdaiJ1cPs#t=00m23s

LOL. See 0:34~0:38 where he explains his accu-punch.
    Clearly demonstrating his "accu-punch" landing with last 3 knuckles.

From wiki, he learned his accu-punch from TKD master Jhoon Goo Rhee.

To my knowledge, most schools of TKD teach punching with the 1st two knuckles. I also read in some biography (or was it Blackbelt magazine) he was a great fan and supporter of karate, that would explain his developed 1st two knuckles.

POWERRR!

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 4:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    most of the ammy boxers I know who have hurt their hands in street fights have hurt their thumb. this is probably because of the way they hold their hand in a glove but they must have been hitting with the first two knuckles to injure the inside of their fist

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 4:51am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    most of the ammy boxers I know who have hurt their hands in street fights have hurt their thumb. this is probably because of the way they hold their hand in a glove but they must have been hitting with the first two knuckles to injure the inside of their fist
    I believe its two reasons:

1st, the gloves + wrap means they don't learn good form on holding good fist with the thumb in. Most of the ammy boxers I know who don't cross train can't even hold a firm fist, due to the over-dependence on wraps and gloves to protect their fist.

2nd, most of the powerful hooks circle inward, which mean if the target (head/body/etc) moves in or the boxer misjudges the distance (punches too far out), the strike hits the unconditioned thumb and 1st two fingers instead.
    My ex-boss could barely write after a street fight b/c he didnt' keep his thumb in. It hung out like a "G" shape. :BangHead: The opponent covered and moved his head towards him as he threw a right hook, causing his unconditioned thumb and index finger to slam on the other guy's skull instead of the last 3 knuckles, needless to say since he hurt them pretty bad.

He never conditioned the 1st two knuckles + thumb (at the time).
    Last edited by Whathappened; 12/03/2009 5:31am at .

POWERRR!

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registeredTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 5:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and the reason boxers might hit with the last three knuckles is probably more to do with the fact that powerful straight punches are thrown across the body from a boxing stance, if accuracy is lacking the punch can go too far across

1% Shark is better than you.

Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 1:31pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEJdaiJ1cPs#t=00m23s

LOL. See 0:34~0:38 where he explains his accu-punch.
    Clearly demonstrating his "accu-punch" landing with last 3 knuckles.

From wiki, he learned his accu-punch from TKD master Jhoon Goo Rhee.

To my knowledge, most schools of TKD teach punching with the 1st two knuckles. I also read in some biography (or was it Blackbelt magazine) he was a great fan and supporter of karate, that would explain his developed 1st two knuckles.
    Are you really using the blurry video from 30+ years ago that also has super imposed images over it to "prove" that Ali punched with his last three knuckles?

Also the second part of your post seems to acknowledge that he used his first two knuckles as evidenced by the very visible conditioning.

I really can't figure out what you are trying to sat about Ali.
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 12/03/2009 5:30pm at .

Achievements:
    Three Friends1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 7:12pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    The implication of your statement is that boxer's cannot utilize their MA without their gloves. Or at the very least, train another set of knuckles for outside the ring.

My posting of the boxers is relevant based on my experience with them. They (the ones I know) punch with the same set of knuckles with or without gloves.

I've met at least two who train for the street, their last 3 knuckles and fingers are calloused and of higher bone density than the index or thumb.
    Where the hell did I imply that "boxer's cannot utilize their Ma without gloves?" Either your perception is seriously fucked or you have some kind of preexisting agenda. The point of my statment was that the 3 pictures in your example prove nothing when comes to what knuckels are best to punch with, and that the OP was referring to "bare fist" specifically. I was just pointing out the lack of proof in your pictures.

Now if you posted a varifiable statement of ALi or whoever stating they use the last three that would be a good argument towards your point. Or even several pics or a video demonstrating said punching technique would pose a better argument.

If you've met guys who use the last three knuckles fine, I don't question that. You shared your experience and I shared mine earlier (referring to most common fractures in the ER). Just don't throw out some ill prepared "evidence" and expect everyone else to eat it up.

Have a nice evening!

Actual Photo

Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassCreated Album pictures25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Recovery-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubarão-branco View Post
    I'm sitting here staring at my hand and I can't really figure out what is wrong with it that makes hitting with the first three knuckles strange.
    I don't know either ... I don't break **** when I hit people centered off the **** you knuckle . Unless my range or aim is off then I end up breaking it behind the ring or pinky finger .
    I basically just line up on my middle knuckle. On me it is clearly the largest/most conditioned. My hands aren't particularly flat or anything.
    It looks to me like you have no idea what you are talking about . You need to spend more time doing the chun or something .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi108 View Post
    Nuke a unborn gay whale for Christ.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Registered Member

Achievements:

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 9:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you really using the blurry video from 30+ years ago that also has super imposed images over it to "prove" that Ali punched with his last three knuckles?
    Yes. Despite the fact that the interview included a super-imposed shitty shift into a still image of Muhammed Ali and Master Jhoon, the interview explaining the "accupunch" is not edited, Muhammed striking his palm with his last 3 fingers seals it for me. I provided evidence, feel free to prove otherwise.

YouTube- Bare Knuckle Boxing Strategy

Bare knuckle boxing series on youtube.com
    I've messaged the channel owner for information on the video.
    I've linked him to this thread.

Also the second part of your post seems to acknowledge that he used his first two knuckles as evidenced by the very visible conditioning.

I really can't figure out what you are trying to sat about Ali.
    I'm saying, he boxes with last knuckles, trained bare-handed Karate/TKD with 1st two knuckles.

How do elenchus?

Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 10:28pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sitting here staring at my hand and I can't really figure out what is wrong with it that makes hitting with the first three knuckles strange. I basically just line up on my middle knuckle. On me it is clearly the largest/most conditioned. My hands aren't particularly flat or anything.
    That's the normal way to do it son. I just wasn't taking into account that said knuckle would sink into the target enough to make contact with your ring-finger knuckle as well.

I suspect most people naturally make contact with their index and middle knucle and probably the ring-knuckle as well if their wrist is slightly cocked or their punches sink in enough. Really the movers and the shakers in the equation are your index and middle-finger knuckles since they're bigger, stronger and badder.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Yours truly

Achievements:
    Three FriendsYour first GroupRecommendation Second Class1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    12/03/2009 10:35pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah. you guys with your man hands like manly men. my **** you knuckle (love that term btw) is huge in comparison to how my other knuckles developed. I think this is directly due to my girl-curl fist and small hands.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 910 LastLast