Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 10:32am

Style: Seidokaikan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, just watched the three videos.

1. Was this point fighting? Where's krotty man's cup?

2. Compliant demo...not interested.

3. What kind of weird foot-flailing nonsense was this? They were kicking hard, sure, but were face punches and clinching prohibited? The use of either would have put a damper on the wild kicking. What was their ruleset?

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 10:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tanuki View Post
    Can't argue with what you see on youtube. Apparently this is because it's a god-send here to most people like yourself.
    as i am criticising it, i would suggest you are wrong

There is no "only worked" business. It's a simple matter of "what worked".
    if i attack a disabled man with chain punching and hurt him, and then attack a large able man with chain punching and i dont hurt him, then would you not agree that chain punching only worked because he was disabled?

You seem to see martial arts as only a way to compete. I, on the other hand, see martial arts as a way to make sure you don't die when in a real fight.
    No. you know nothing about why i do martial arts. I do it because i like to hurt people, because it means i have a better personality outside the gym, because it keeps me fit.
    If you want to make sure you don't die in a real fight you don't learn wing chun or a sport that doesnt allow head punching.. you get a gun, or alter your disposition so that you dont get in so many fights

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 11:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA and JMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MMAMickey View Post
    as i am criticising it, i would suggest you are wrong

if i attack a disabled man with chain punching and hurt him, and then attack a large able man with chain punching and i dont hurt him, then would you not agree that chain punching only worked because he was disabled?

No. you know nothing about why i do martial arts.I do it because i like to hurt people, because it means i have a better personality outside the gym, because it keeps me fit.
    If you want to make sure you don't die in a real fight you don't learn wing chun or a sport that doesnt allow head punching.. you get a gun, or alter your disposition so that you dont get in so many fights

And you sound just like the role model to learn from with a "personality" like that. I mean, come on, you sound like a regular saint.

You must be the most gifted person in the world and must know so much about every fight that has ever happened.

You sure sound like you know a lot. You are also trying to ask loaded questions, which puts you in the wrong.

You aren't going to change my mind about Wing Chun, no matter how much of a tantrum you throw up. You can do what you please, but I know what worked for me.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 12:02pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't argue with what you see on youtube. Apparently this is because it's a god-send here to most people like yourself.

I'd like to mention one thing.
    You can't criticize someone for criticizing what they saw only on youtube, when YOU are the one who brought it up for "evidence."

If you sparred him for evidence, posted up an essay for evidence, posted up statistics for evidence, all is up for review is it not??

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 12:16pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt View Post
    3. What kind of weird foot-flailing nonsense was this? They were kicking hard, sure, but were face punches and clinching prohibited? The use of either would have put a damper on the wild kicking. What was their ruleset?
    • Circa 1994, grappling in Mid. East would likely be an alien concept.
    • Judging from the video, this would be an unsanctioned street fight.
    • The only "ring" would be the ring of people.
    • No one punched to the head assuming those were not edited out.
    • The refree looks like a TKD instructor judging from his gi.

Thus, given the evidence, it's likely using TKD ruleset with no punches to the head (similar to full contact karate)

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 1:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you sound just like the role model to learn from with a "personality" like that. I mean, come on, you sound like a regular saint.
    and what is wrong with liking to hurt people in the gym? it means I go and spar with a group of like minded people, there are no hard feelings and nobody is seriously injured. you claim to street fight, which means it may not be against a like minded person, and people do get hurt. seriously hurt. who is the regular saint now? [/sarcasm]

You must be the most gifted person in the world and must know so much about every fight that has ever happened.
    find a quote of where i said this and I'll admit it

You sure sound like you know a lot. You are also trying to ask loaded questions, which puts you in the wrong.
    loaded questions? is that street talk or something?

You aren't going to change my mind about Wing Chun, no matter how much of a tantrum you throw up. You can do what you please, but I know what worked for me.
    Tantrum? Really? I was going more for amusing criticism

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 3:33pm

Style: crappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First, with added emphasis from me
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tanuki
    It's worked for me in a real fight and that's all that matters to me. It's helped me in my Kyokushin kumite as well. I use it because it's good for me.
    Then
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGalt
    Just to verify though since everyone else has read this between the lines but you haven't said it straight out, you really use chain punching in KK competition in Japan?
    and finally in response
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tanuki
    Oh god no, not in the competition!
    Please explain this inconsistency.

Also, when you said kumite were you referring to sparring in general or the 100 man, timed round test? I've heard the term kumite used in reference to both but I don't train kyokushin so I don't know either way.

For the time it takes for one haymaker to reach the target you could have struck the person several times with chain punching.
    I don't know your abilities but I do personally find it peculiar that you construed the situation as haymaker vs chain punch, when there are many options beyond those even strictly speaking in terms of close range upper body attacks. This could be purely an issue of semantics but I do ask you to elaborate.

I'm not attacking you, although I don't understand certain things you're saying.

Yours truly

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 5:01pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the guy's defense, I know a very good amatuer MMA fighter who told me his past WC background helped a bit with understanding center of gravity movements (which, you can obtain through other arts obviously) and getting used to blocking/countering at the same time. But thats much more limited in scope than what Tanuki's claims, sounds like.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 5:52pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socratic View Post
    They anchor on to your fingers. That's how your fingers move. That's like saying your chest has no muscles because your pec technically anchors onto your shoulder.
    Your pecs stretch across your chest and anchor on the sternum. There are pec muscles on your chest. None of the muscles that move your fingers are actually on your fingers.

Posted On:
    11/27/2009 6:22pm

Style: FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugeisha View Post
    Your pecs stretch across your chest and anchor on the sternum. There are pec muscles on your chest. None of the muscles that move your fingers are actually on your fingers.
    Yes that is a valid point but the original comment was, "your fingers have no muscles"(alpha2six). Yes fingers do have muscles, the muscles enable them to flex and extend, and yes the actual muscles aren't located in the phalanges. No sense in arguing over the same thing because it is agreed muscles controlling fingers don't affect which knucles are best used for punching.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast