225338 Bullies, 3921 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 181 to 186 of 186
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Wolf is offline
    Wolf's Avatar

    T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540

    Posted On:
    12/08/2009 2:18pm

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Steve Mazzagatti verbally asked him if he was able to continue. When he recieved no answer he stopped the fight.
    Yep, this is correct.
  2. marcusdbrutus is offline
    marcusdbrutus's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Posts
    1,565

    Posted On:
    12/08/2009 2:21pm


     Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Steve Mazzagatti verbally asked him if he was able to continue. When he recieved no answer he stopped the fight.


    HURR DURR
  3. Rainsforth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41

    Posted On:
    12/08/2009 2:36pm


     Style: Hap Ki Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    Steve Mazzagatti verbally asked him if he was able to continue. When he recieved no answer he stopped the fight.
    Not a point I was contending as that is what happened.. I was contending to your point that he couldn't have tapped out verbally.

    although there was no way he could really be asked anything verbally. He had blood in his eyes. The fight could have been stopped for a number of reasons, all valid:

    1) no response from Matt Hamill
    2) illegal elbows
    3) blood in eyes
    Last edited by Rainsforth; 12/08/2009 2:38pm at . Reason: added a point
  4. Cuchulain is offline

    Keeping you safe from Mongolians

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,326

    Posted On:
    12/08/2009 4:48pm


     Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsforth View Post
    Not a point I was contending as that is what happened.. I was contending to your point that he couldn't have tapped out verbally.

    although there was no way he could really be asked anything verbally. He had blood in his eyes. The fight could have been stopped for a number of reasons, all valid:

    1) no response from Matt Hamill
    2) illegal elbows
    3) blood in eyes
    I never said he wouldn't have been able to tap verbally. I said he probably wouldn't have been understood if he tried to explain that he'd hurt his shoulder.

    The only reason why this is relevant is for the disquallification. Had he have tapped from the shoulder injury, Jones would have won. Because he didn't Jones was disqualified. That's all i'm trying to say.
  5. Rainsforth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    41

    Posted On:
    12/08/2009 8:36pm


     Style: Hap Ki Do

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulain View Post
    I never said he wouldn't have been able to tap verbally. I said he probably wouldn't have been understood if he tried to explain that he'd hurt his shoulder.
    Am I missing something? He did say in post interview that he'd hurt his shoulder, and it was clearly understood. Unless those folks who do close captions can understand him better than everyone else.
  6. Cuchulain is offline

    Keeping you safe from Mongolians

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,326

    Posted On:
    12/09/2009 9:43am


     Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainsforth View Post
    Am I missing something? He did say in post interview that he'd hurt his shoulder, and it was clearly understood. Unless those folks who do close captions can understand him better than everyone else.
    I'm only refering to the specific instance when Jones was pulled off of him and he was asked if he could continue. The point I was originally making was so minor that it's completely nonsensical to have spent this long debating it.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.