Sponsored Links Spacer Image

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 8:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gravity is what makes us stick to the floor at all, and the nature and amount of contact we have with that gigantic rock is half the battle.

EDIT: Damnit, seventeen people said this. I should refresh before I let a response sit.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 8:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you know how i know you guys are gay? because you are talking about whether an elbow coming down is coming from the ceiling or not when we should be hunting down pics of Schaubs smoking hot missus

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/07/2009 8:40pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    you know how i know you guys are gay? because you are talking about whether an elbow coming down is coming from the ceiling or not when we should be hunting down pics of Schaubs smoking hot missus
    game-set-match. After that remark I asked my wife if I could have my balls back for a little while. So I dusted them off and went looking for pics. I haven't found any yet though.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 12:54am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Gravity is what makes us stick to the floor at all, and the nature and amount of contact we have with that gigantic rock is half the battle.

EDIT: Damnit, seventeen people said this. I should refresh before I let a response sit.
    You don't know how gravity works do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    game-set-match. After that remark I asked my wife if I could have my balls back for a little while. So I dusted them off and went looking for pics. I haven't found any yet though.
    Your wife has the nicest set of knockers I've seen on a normal lady. You should give us those until you find pictures of Shaubs' bitch... you know... to tie us over.

Quote Originally Posted by JuHo Ho HOWNED View Post
    I assume you mean in EliteXC. But, my statement was not meant to be that specific. Only that EliteXC protected Kimbo just like the UFC is now, by putting him in with a guy... yadda, yadda.
    Don't try to reason with him.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 2:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    You don't know how gravity works do you?
    No, I just know that F=G(m1m2/r^2).

Enlighten me, how does mass attract mass?

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 3:29am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So it took you 2 hours to find that on google? That's pretty ridiculous.

I'm asking you, how do you think that gravity from a standing stomp/downward elbow helps in the impact?

Do you know how gravity works?

Keeping you safe from Mongolians

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 4:18am

Style: Sanda/Taijiquan *Hiatus*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the bottom the 'downward' elbow hits the top of the head. From the mount the elbow lands on the face. And like in Jon Jones' case, it can land with the point of the elbow directly on the eyeball. I can see a big difference.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 8:55am

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindspider View Post
    Does anyone else feel like the Jones-Hamill fight should have been called much sooner than it was? It seemed to me like Jones was pounding on Hamill like a maniac for a long-ass time, to the point where he was looking up to the ref expectantly, practically asking "what else do you expect me to do?" Yes, he broke the rules, and learned a hard lesson in the process. It just seems to me that the entire situation would have been avoided if they had called it earlier, because Hamill was clearly unable to make any meaningful attempts at escape or defense during much of the pounding he was receiving, even before the illegal elbows were thrown.

Clearly that fight should have been called earlier. Hamil was defenseless and not responding for awhile before the spiked elbow. The referee clearly blew it!

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 9:34am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rewatch the fight. He actually stopped a number of the shots with his left arm pushed up. He was doing a better job than most at being defensive. However, that said, he needs to work on mount escapes a lot. Also, while he was stopping a lot of shots he was doing it with his arm extended straight up in Jones' face. Jones had AMPLE opportunity to armbar if he wanted to. Of course I suppose you could say why give up position.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/08/2009 9:53am

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    ah, i think i see the confusion. I thought by horizontal elbow you were talking about those moving in a horizontal manner, not the elbow held differently. You're saying the person is still on top and striking up and down, but using the front of the elbow (which is legal) instead of point as in a "downward spiking elbow?" Am I correct in what you're saying? If so I agree.
    Yes.

Horizontal, downward, upward, etc... are directions in relation to your own body. Not the ceiling or the floor.

Anyway, the reality is that the DQ was unjustified.

Points were docked for the illegal blow and then Hammil could not continue due to his shoulder, and said as much, not due to his face from those elbows. Therefore Jones should have gotten the W.