Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffphansen77 View Post
    I didn't expect a fix. Houston's circling & slappy leg kicks got me thinking. And last time I remember hearing of someone trying to "fix" an mma fight, they just asked one of the fighters to keep it on their feet. No scripts necessary.
    So you're suspicious that Dana wanted Houston Alexander, who once KO'ed Keith Jardine and won his last fight with leg kicks, to keep it on his feet?

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Yes, but that doesn't mean we have to call conspiracy theory on every single fight he has."

True. I don't. But when a much smaller fighter who's vastly outgunned in standup never tries to take it to the ground where Kimbo is famously weak, I get suspicious. Houston's just standing there like it was a sparring session when Kimbo dropped from a leg kick reinforced my suspicion.

I remember rolling my eyes at all the whining on the boards about Dana supposedly looking for a way to bring Kimbo back on TUF after fatboy beat him. But I don't see Dana as being any less cynical or greedy than Elite XC was, so I don't think I'm out of line half-suspecting bullshit here when you take it all into account.
    Houston was not vastly outgunned. He was just scared. Kimbo has never once in an MMA fight shown KO power. James Thompson has one of the worst chins in MMA and Kimbo couldn't KO him with clean shots. He landed "heavy" shots on Houston who's chin also sucks. Houston's standup is every bit as good as Kimbo's if not better because he USUALLY has very good kicks. I think Houston bought into the hype that Kimbo has incredible KO power without any evidence of it and knowing his own chin he was too scared to engage.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guess anyone who doesn't see it your way is an idiot. Go **** yourself. Anyone else remember at least one of Kimbo's Elite XC opponents being asked to keep it standing? Guess theres a lot of us idiots on the mma boards today.
    Nope, just you.
    I will explain: you chose to take as a defensible point that Houston alexander- who as previously illustrated, is completely inept on the ground, was behaving suspiciously for not taking a fight to the ground.

You sir, are an idiot.

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Taijiquan/Shuai-Chiao/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It strikes me that if the UFC was going to put in the fix, they would have fixed the outcomes of the fights on The Ultimate Fighter to give Kimbo a second fight and a chance of redemption (and with control over what the audience sees anyway), rather than trying to work a match live with an opponent who might in the long term have more to gain by going into business for himself rather than sticking with the script.

Also, I'd like to apologize for not including every gongfu fatass in the world in my last post.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:38pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ and JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe I am missing something, but didn't James McSweeney do the same elbow strike to the back of Schoonover's neck (an illegal target) that got Jon Jones DQ'd with zero warnings?

And what is different between the downward elbow Jones did and the ones that McSweeney (and pretty much every other fighter) does to the top of their opponents head when on the bottom of guard???

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:39pm

Style: Generic MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm far from the only person on all these mma boards who seems suspicious of all this & I posted in a polite, respectable manner. The fact that you can't disagree without being disrespectful makes you a few things worse than an idiot. I don't see many light-heavies who don't have a better ground game than Kimbo, shitty as Houston's may have been. Not many of them would want to bang with the dude either. That, taken with all the shady **** mentioned before makes this seem possible. Sorry if I offended any Kimbo nuthuggers. I can imagine what a painful position that must be.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 8:41pm

Style: Hap Ki Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Monkey View Post
    Maybe I am missing something, but didn't James McSweeney do the same elbow strike to the back of Schoonover's neck (an illegal target) that got Jon Jones DQ'd with zero warnings?

And what is different between the downward elbow Jones did and the ones that McSweeney (and pretty much every other fighter) does to the top of their opponents head when on the bottom of guard???
    Jon Jones was DQ for more than just downward elbow strikes. He was ultimately DQ when the replay (first use of replay in UFC) showed he was striking the eyes.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 9:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm far from the only person on all these mma boards who seems suspicious of all this & I posted in a polite, respectable manner. The fact that you can't disagree without being disrespectful makes you a few things worse than an idiot. I don't see many light-heavies who don't have a better ground game than Kimbo, shitty as Houston's may have been. Not many of them would want to bang with the dude either. That, taken with all the shady **** mentioned before makes this seem possible. Sorry if I offended any Kimbo nuthuggers. I can imagine what a painful position that must be.
    Yeah, that 'go **** yourself' part you wrote to me was particularly respectful.

Still, as I'm feeling sporting, I will continue to address your arguments: quit calling Houston a Light Heavy, and implying that Kimbo is something else. The fight was set at 215, Houston is a former Heavyweight, and they came in at about the same size.

To re-iterate: houston alexander refuses to go to the ground, and instead chose to employ a leg attack game- the same strategy which won him his last fight against another Heavyweight fighter in Sherman Pentergarst.

One of us has cursed in this thread and it isnt me.

This is the point where you should either stop digging and ignore this thread, or open your eyes and re examine what you have stated previously.

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    When did this happen?
    I assume you mean in EliteXC. But, my statement was not meant to be that specific. Only that EliteXC protected Kimbo just like the UFC is now, by putting him in with a guy... yadda, yadda.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 9:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm far from the only person on all these mma boards who seems suspicious of all this
    Like you, I'm sure they're just ejaculating their pointless suspicions all over the boards without taking logic into account or considering opposing arguments.

That, taken with all the shady **** mentioned before makes this seem possible.
    The "shady ****" neither took place in the UFC, nor was it even confirmed to be true in a subsequent investigation. If Kimbo's fight was fixed, does that mean fights between other immensly popular fighters were fixed as well? Are Brock Lesnar's fights fixed? What about Randy Couture's?

Sorry if I offended any Kimbo nuthuggers. I can imagine what a painful position that must be.
    Yeah, that's polite and respectable.
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 289101112 13141516 ... LastLast