225137 Bullies, 4024 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2163
Page 148 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 3:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Teh Toe-in stance.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 4:30am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Nice, penis measurement contest based on supposed car knowledge, and car speed. As pointless as taekwondo vs wing chun...
    Whoah now, I once won over a TKD girl with my WT, so hold it... :-P

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 4:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I drove in an M5 a few days ago.

That fucking thing is not a fucking car but a god damn transformer. Seriously, it's like the most expensive 'toy' ever. EVER!

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 6:19am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    I drove in an M5 a few days ago.

That fucking thing is not a fucking car but a god damn transformer. Seriously, it's like the most expensive 'toy' ever. EVER!
    Did you drive it or did you DRIVE it. I've driven a few M3's of varying generations and an M5 on Auto-x and mountain runs. They weren't really anything more than INCREDIBLY neutral and easily controllable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Would it make a difference in your opinion if the Nissan had a Japanese import engine in it?
    The mechanic that checked it out for me seemed very excited about it...
    The Japanese Bluebird SR20DET is really an awesome engine and is nothing like the SR20DET in the 240SX.

The Bluebird has Individual Throttle bodies, it has variable valve timing, coil-on-plug ignition, better head gaskets and sleeving. It's a very good engine.

It's just expensive and doesn't really make the car fast, because you still have to buy proper suspension, tires and chassis stiffening. Then the car comes fast.

The same amount of money you put into that will be overrun by the CRX with like $3500 put into it. After you sink the 6-9k into the nissan, you can just turn the boost up a little bit and it'll be fasterish. It won't handle as well but it'll be OK.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 6:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By the way,

Where is Dark Phoenix? He seemed so confident coming in and then shot his load too early, revealed he KNOWS NOTHING, and then never came back.

What a fucking ******.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 11:40am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, of the two I've always liked the CRX better, and it sounds like my initial preference is the one to go with. I've had a couple of offers on the Nissan, so I might be able to get rid of it for around 3k once I fix the starter switch.
    The CRX needs around 1k of work to really be driveable at the moment, so that would leave me a couple of grand to get started with it. Thanks dude.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 4:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Ok, of the two I've always liked the CRX better, and it sounds like my initial preference is the one to go with. I've had a couple of offers on the Nissan, so I might be able to get rid of it for around 3k once I fix the starter switch.
    The CRX needs around 1k of work to really be driveable at the moment, so that would leave me a couple of grand to get started with it. Thanks dude.
    What needs to be done?

Once you fix all the maintenance issues here's my suggestion for modifications:

First and foremost, the most improvement you can get for your car for the dollar is tires. Tires so severely overlooked, but they make ALL the difference, last season, I ran a Miata during a fun run that demolished C6 Z06's, 350z's, Porshce 911's, etc. simply because the tires let me push my driving limits further. Granted it was only by a few tenths of a second, but this was a intake/exhaust manifold/exhaust miata vs those kinds of cars.

I would suggest seeing if tirerack still carries a set of Hankook RS2's overstocked for your car, if not do not pass on getting a set of Hankook RS3's. They're comparably priced against the Falken RT615's and the Kumho Ecsta XSs or Potenza Direzza Star Specs. I used to swear by the XS's, but recent experience and reviews and compound testing I've seen really has shown me that the RS3's are far superior in every way. They heat up better, don't get slick as quickly and have better wet traction. Which is all really good for you.

Second thing I'd do is to get some suspension. I'd suggest getting some basic gas adjustable shocks and springs for your car and some front and rear sway bars. Koni yellows are a good choice and I swear by whiteline suspension for the swaybars. It's a cheap modification and it will make your car feel really fresh. At this point I would also very adamantly suggest you upgrade the brakes to GSR brakes with the booster and master cylinder.

Once you've done that, then start on all the hoopla of swapping motors. A GSR B18C swap is most preferably as it's cheap, powerful and reliable and the swap has been done enough times that you'll have a TON of fun and ease doing it if you haven't done a swap before. The nice things about hondas are that they're like lego blocks and are a great starter car for people who are just getting their feet wet.

You have to look at this like jujutsu. The tires as hip movement, the suspension as body control and chassis stiffening as transitions with the engine swap as submissions. You should have a solid foundation in all the others before learning submissions.

If you don't have tires or brakes, you won't be able to stop the car. If you don't have suspension, you won't be able to move the car. With a motor swap you'd be able to go faster, but anybody who even sort of knows what they're doing will be faster than you. <---METAPHOR

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 6:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe playing auto chicken can supplant gong sau.

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 7:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fug View Post
    Maybe playing auto chicken can supplant gong sau.
    I support this idea fully.

• The life you take might be Rudy's.
    • It is much harder to run away from a car than a gong sau.
    • Traffic accidents are the REAL deadly.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 7:44pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindz View Post
    EBMAS IRAS is really like double wishbone suspension.
    See how the wishbone forms a triangle just like the chunner's legs

Therefore chunners should excel at cutting corners and driving rings around boxers &c
    You think this post is funny because you weren't around when Doc made a truly similar argument.

No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Wedge Theory of WC/WT

See this post in context for Doc "explaining" how wing chun is more scientific. Complete with diagrams of how wedges work. I skite thee naught.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.