233349 Bullies, 3690 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 2163
Page 142 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 1:20am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    I don't suppose there is any chance that we might get a single round of pure tkd vs chun with sanda rules or something? Maybe like on tuff, 2 rounds under their agreed upon mma rules and if there is no winner after 2 rounds, 3rd round sanda rules only. Come on when else will the masses ever actually get to see an honest to goodness full contact fight between people with years of exp in two notoriously **** arts?
    I'd agree to that if he's still able to fight after the MMA fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    serious answer:

    PEople stopped dressing up in the early nineties. The story goes that Stephen Hayes originally had asked Hatsumi to learn Togakaryu which is of course a Ninpo ryu... so naturally Hatsumi dressed up with the garb to demonstrate the waza.... People then thought that the whole of the Buj was the Togakaryu and dressed likewise until years later when it came out the reason for the garb.... Following this people realized that probably 90% of the Booj that is taught is from old Ju Jutsu systems.

    I personally never got into the dress up. the closest I ever had to Tabi were wrestling shoes which I like for training purposes.

    If you read my posts you will see I am hardly Booj apologist. A lot of the Booj training that I did over the years was in Ju Jutsu, thats just a fact. Remember that old Ju Jutsu systems used weaponry .

    The answer to your question is that the best descriptive term for what I actually teach is "tactics, weaponry related and Ju Jutsu." I am not ashamed of my Booj training but... you will find that there are people who feel that the Booj is best practiced by those ready for refinements and not beginners. Thats my somewhat informed opinion.
    Nope. You're wrong:

    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Further Ninja arguments

    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    I am a horrible person for this spelling malfeasance..... A horrible person indeed. Any wisdom has to be discredited and any points made of an evolutaniary nature regarding spelling disregaarded..... (sinks head in shame).

    Sirc yoiur wisdom in catching me trying to reinvent myself as a JU JUTTTSU person from a Jitz man is foresnsically without equal..... I only whish I knew what you were specifically referring to but I believe you! I canonly hope that this insult does not carry on to the next generation when DTT's foot makes contact and stops the Sirc express from any fruit of the lions.

    :lookround
    [quote=Dsimon3387]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387
    Your argument fails on one point that you should consider:

    Ju Jutsu is not truly a translation now is it? It is what is sometimes called a transliteration. In other words take the chinese word for Noodles Lo Mein.... People in Maryland used to call it Yat gow me. But translated the correct word was "noodle."

    The translation of Ju Jutsu is not used... rather as a proper name for something it is directly coming from the pronounciation of the Kanji we all recognize.

    Now Sirc, how do yu spell my name? I will tell you how ok? dickhead haha only kidding, ok seriously

    1) darrell (I spell it this way)
    2) darryl
    3) daryl
    4) darell
    5)darrel

    There is no proper spelling because it is a name

    Ju jutsu probably changed spellings because it was pronounced differently by different people... this is a legitimate use and change in language.

    You see my point?

    You should stop talking about people's kids man. Why do you need negative attention so bad? You are obviously an intelligent guy why act in that fashion?
    Well yes, it is. But its still wrong. Japanese is a Syllabary language. I know that it's pretty much an infant in the amount of time the romaji has been standardized, but it's still wrong.

    JIUJITSU is improper and due to misspellings and the Japanese not having a standard romanized version of their language.

    Regardless of the evolution of the word and its acceptance, it's still wrong. I understand that as an anglofied word it's accepted. But their argument is that it's correctly japanese, which clearly, it isn't.

    So you think JIu Jitsu is a mispelling originating from Ju Jutsu? Thats possible. True enouth that Jiu could stand for something else but it is not a correct Japanese term.... the Kanji is interesting and like you said the actual etemology is complex... there is a lot of other terms that were used before the unification and restoration that make the kanji intersting.

    Yes there are several alphabets in Japanese just keep in mind that the old stuff is written in Kanji and usually the meaning is at least similar to the Chinese Kanji. I study chinese and can usually look at old Japanese text and do an equally half assed job translating haha.
    My native language is a mix of Chinese and Mongolian. English is my second. Spanish is my third. And sign language is my fourth. My spanish and sign language has fallen to pieces as I haven't used either in years. I have studied japanese and understand enough of the nuances to know that jiujitsu is an improper spelling.

    Take for example, the word "ghost" my linguistics teacher told me a story about how originally it was spelled gost but due to typing errors because of the way typewriters dropped the "g" and "h" together when people were typing ghost, it just kind of became defacto. Like I said, language is arbitrary and really there are no rules.

    However, logographic languages have very specific rules and even moreso because Japanese is a syllabary language. Jiujitsu is a total and improper spelling because it doesn't fit either ruleset of Japanese, despite the different dialects, it's still wrong. There is no kanji/hiragana/katakana for "jiu" or "jitsu." The romaji rules are really specific for spelling. It's really hard to misspell romaji words as the ruleset and syllabary language just simply doesn't allow for misspellings because of the special relationship between the logographic-syllabary-roman alphabet. Misspelling anything would just turn it into a whole different word with a different meaning and a different kanji. That's not necessarily true with true roman languages as you can still sort of phonetically read what they're trying to say.

    They're still wrong no matter which way you cut it.
    I agree on the Jpanese end, furthermore the proof is in the pudding..... there is no spelling in any of the syllaberies for the word Ju Jutsu that I am aware of. Yeah Romanji is specific, after all it is for foreign words which are all transliterations, i.e. you can't misspell how you pronounce a fpreign logos haha.

    I was saying that the name for the Kanji that is pronounced "Ju Jutsu" could take in any spelling or pronounciation once it came to other areas. In point of fact most Japanese KoRyu do not even describe themselves as a Ju Jutsu school. To understand this point understand that all systems used to spell out Kanji (Wade Giles, Pin yin, etc) are artificial.

    Mongolian!? wow!! What dialect is that? Is Mongolian a Turkik or cyrilian language? or is it a separate class?

    Yes language is indeed arbitrary. Chomsky once pointed out how utterly stupid it was to try to prove that linguistic rules can be understood in any meaningful way when we consider how we actually learn language.
    You're clearly out of your element and education and are wrong, but your psuedo-intellectual bullshit is what keeps you going. You show all the markers of being someone who really wants to be intelligent, but lacks the actual knowledge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    It was a shotgun, actually.
    I would shoot them all.
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 1/20/2010 1:23am at .
  2. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 2:05am

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=Sircmas;2295869]I'd agree to that if he's still able to fight after the MMA fight.



    Nope. You're wrong:

    No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Single Post - Further Ninja arguments



    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387

    You're clearly out of your element and education and are wrong, but your psuedo-intellectual bullshit is what keeps you going. You show all the markers of being someone who really wants to be intelligent, but lacks the actual knowledge.



    I would shoot them all.
    first:

    What can i say? I am flattered. I mean you hold on to this stuff and all, you must think quite highly of me to do such a thing. That is remarkable, trust me I am not worthy but thank you all the same.

    What great ippifany am I supposed to swallow? I mean yeah I am ready to admit defeat and that I was wrong but you have shown me instead that I was argiung that all translations of the word are a transliteration of sorts which is true as far as I know.

    What I said then and what I would say now is that both english translations vis a vis transliterations are taken from a Kanji term. Kanji that is only approximated in English so both terms could be used. The Kanji for Apple means an apple it is direct... the kanji for Japanese is a a term with philosophical import and other symbolic meanings. Therefore a translation which uses the name is only referring to how the word sounds. Which in turn means that however one chooses to spell the term and pronounce it, it is not and never was a word used in a romance language.

    Do you not get this Kato? How exactly are you racking me on this? let me know so I can eat my words... for now I will usually use the term Ju Jutsu.

    I don't know what your problem with the Booj statement is but... and don;t take this the wrong way.... I really don't care what you think of my subjective judgements as one who has been a participant in Booj groups in 3 countries and for over ten years..... maybe you know better and I don't care either way.

    Unfortunately we have a situation where aside from occasional ridicule I take you a lot less seriesly than apparently you take me... In a word you are serious entertainment for me and thats about it.
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  3. TheRuss is offline
    TheRuss's Avatar

    is badder than you

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not Canada
    Posts
    4,334

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 2:08am

    Join us... or die
     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsimon3387 View Post
    ippifany
    ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.
  4. King Sleepless is offline
    King Sleepless's Avatar

    I am a living legend!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 5:02am

    supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuss View Post
    ****.
    Checkmate.
  5. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 12:57pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I was watching The Wrestler, and it kinda reminded me of Rudy. Or... well, it would have, if they had gotten like, Tom Arnold or someone, as opposed to Rourke. Also, all the adoration of his fans, and the hard ass man he turned out to be, that would have been wrong for Rudy too. But other than that, the depression, living in a trailer, 25 years of fake fighting, and hatred from his family, TOTALLY reminded me of Sifu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  6. SifuAbel is offline

    Rock ape baby pic

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,694

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 1:10pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: LongFist CMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL @ all you idiots. Hook ,line, and sinker.............

    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa aaaaa

    To paraphrase the semi-immortal Mr. T. "I pity you fools."

    The only ones I can't really fault here are the few of you that have showed something of yourselves, no matter how craptastic and asstacular the performance.

    The rest of you, **** off.

    Show something or go eat glass. You're not impressing anybody with words. You probably suck ass and are too afraid to be revealed a such.

    I do seem to have a list of people to which "butt hurt" seems to be the modus operandi.
    I am the biggest fucking wanker on the internet - Proven fact.
  7. Dsimon3387 is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    3,079

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 1:38pm

    Join us... or die
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    Checkmate.
    dear sirc:

    We aare fans. We see all your fights. We luv how you get beaten but gladly try again and again. We are all lookign fowards as you take onan opponent that is beatable... and all those guys who use words more than a syllibule... they is losers! If god had wanted us to use big words we would have mouths like your avatar!!

    Anyhow we look foward to watching this match as you cannot lose! if you get beaten up its one of your moral victories and if you win you break your goose egg. PS protect your groin at all times as DTT may use the dirty Hebrew groin twister.....

    PS did I mention we are CFL fans as well?

    Danny Matty and Petey
    This thread never was a high quality conversation - My friend vern Gilbert on the William Acquier thread.

    The fight in question having started over who owns which piece of rubble. Nicko1;2233174 On the Acquier Kim Fiasco slash thread.
  8. Gabetuno is offline
    Gabetuno's Avatar

    Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,295

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 1:49pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    LOL @ all you idiots. Hook ,line, and sinker.............

    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa aaaaa

    To paraphrase the semi-immortal Mr. T. "I pity you fools."

    The only ones I can't really fault here are the few of you that have showed something of yourselves, no matter how craptastic and asstacular the performance.

    The rest of you, **** off.

    Show something or go eat glass. You're not impressing anybody with words. You probably suck ass and are too afraid to be revealed a such.

    I do seem to have a list of people to which "butt hurt" seems to be the modus operandi.
    Awww, guess I touched a nerve. I'm fully confident in my put-up-or-shut-up attitude, Rudy, I have nothing to prove to you. And you've shown yourself to be a sad hack who lurks on boards for attention, so don't get all LARGE FONT because people call you on it and you don't like it. Sorry, them's the breaks for playing in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.


  9. Nefron is offline
    Nefron's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    1,587

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 1:55pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    The only ones I can't really fault here are the few of you that have showed something of yourselves, no matter how craptastic and asstacular the performance.
    What exactly should we show?
  10. bombom is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central Maine
    Posts
    286

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 2:28pm


     Style: Getting less fat

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, Feb 21 is my birthday, I will be 45. What a great birthday present this fight will be, it will be truly joyous to watch the video soon after.

    If this does not happen I will be a sad, sad little bombom.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.