Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 4:16pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sanders appears to be guilty of a Stolen Valor violation, and has accordingly been reported to the FBI.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 4:55pm

Style: PTK, MT, & Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great investigation. Nice to see this one come to fruition.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 6:53pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CMA and JMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great investigation work guys. Just one question, I keep seeing his name with "DR.LARRY SANDERS".
    What is he a doctor in? I didn't notice it ANYWHERE mentioning what he is a doctor in. He just refers to himself as "Dr.Larry Sanders" on every page.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 8:37pm

Style: blunt trauma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every time I see that sort of thing, I think of this.

YouTube- dennis leary dr dre ed lover - who`s the man " 1st meeting"

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/25/2009 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: judo hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinch2 View Post
    Great investigation. Nice to see this one come to fruition.
    Seconded.

A hearty BS thanks to all involved.

One sokeship at a time.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2009 1:06pm

Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tanuki View Post
    Great investigation work guys. Just one question, I keep seeing his name with "DR.LARRY SANDERS".
    What is he a doctor in? I didn't notice it ANYWHERE mentioning what he is a doctor in. He just refers to himself as "Dr.Larry Sanders" on every page.
    I was never able to determine what that was in. I feel like it's probably something related to Chinese alternative medicine, but I can't say with 100% confidence what the PhD is for. The page of his website that has all of the books that he has written tend to lead me in that direction.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    11/29/2009 5:00pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice job!
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Posted On:
    12/02/2009 3:54pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've trained with some great instructors that didn't have any diplomas or certificates on their walls at all. I can easily recognize a quality instructor and I've never been impressed with massive amounts of paper. In fact, that is often a warning that something is wrong.

One of my favorite instructors didn't even have a single rank certificate on display. He did readily admit that he had acceptted a rank certificate from a diploma mill so he could compete in a tournament that required documentation of rank to compete in the black belt division. Still, he never displayed it and said he lost track of it and hadn't seen it in years.

Some "doctor" that feels a need to doctor documents is pathetic. Even if Larry Sanders was a great martial artist (which is very unlikely), displaying fraudulent documents is inexcuseable. If he was a great teacher that created his own style, that's fine. Nobody ever asked Bruce Lee for his rank certificates. However, if a founder of an art feels a need to lie about their experience, the art they founded is probably complete crap. I feel bad for all the students he duped over the years. They should sue that clown for fraud! Good work Bullshido!

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 2:37am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At the bottom of the page are the two emails I sent to the United States Martial Arts Association after I saw their org mentioned in one of the threads about Larry Sanders. I wondered if their org was a fake one that wouldn't care. I was quite surprised to be included in their response -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Makoid
    Feb 10 (1 day ago)

to me, Ron, Vice, Gregory
    Dear Members of the Board of Governors, It has been brought to my attention that one of our members may have fraudulently obtained rank and certifications from our association. Please see below. and http://bullshido.org/Larry_Sanders#Judo_black_belt

Hanshi Treem, as per our constitution you are hereby charged to initiate investigation into these allegations. If, in your opinion after careful scrutiny of the available facts, there exists basis for these allegations, you are charged with initiating a full investigation, including contacting Mr. Sanders who may provide evidence on his behalf. If these allegations prove to be true, you are required to bring the matter before the Board of Governors for review. The consequences could be the removal of Mr. Sanders of the rolls of USMAA membership, stripping of any rank obtained through the association as well as rescinding all certifications authorized by the association.

Michael C. Makoid, Ph.D.
    President, United States Martial Arts Association
    Judan Katamido JuJitsu
    Kudan: Judo, Jujitsu, Tihojitsu
    Yodansha Tiagu

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Fwd: In my opinion
    Date: Tue, December 24, 2013 10:57 am
    To: ExecutiveDirector@mararts.org

oh, and this http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=larry+sanders where one can read some of Larry's lies: "up to 53 black belts," what a crap head.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:55 AM
    Subject: In my opinion
    To: ExecutiveDirector@mararts.org

Having fakes like Larry Sanders listed makes one doubt the veracity of your org.

Pat Easterling, Hilo Hawaii

http://bullshido.org/Larry_Sanders#Judo_black_belt
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    2/12/2014 11:13am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always enjoy reading follow-ups to some of the people dealt with here. Sort of like those "where are they now" columns in newspapers, except you're hoping that it says they're now the assistant night manager at a 7-11 in the middle of nowhere.

It appears he abandoned his sijo.org website after 2009 and uncomfortable attention from Bullshido, although his austinmartialartsschool.com site continues.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12