Sponsored Links Spacer Image

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 11:20am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by David Koresh Jr. View Post
    BJ by RNC in the 3rd. You heard it here folks.
    This was also my call prior to the fight.

After watching Diego throw head kick after head kick for 4 rounds once it the 5th I told everybody, "Watch Bj's going to throw a head kick." To my surprise, and everyone elses, he did and split Diego's head like a watermelon.

I think they easily deserved fight of the night but I believe that Belcher and Gouveia got it instead.
    安氏八极拳学生

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to say that kick was open and although not a kicker BJ felt the opening and adjusted to fill it. Thing of beauty.

Certainly worth mentioning is the size of that cut and his shins impact, rattled Diego but didnt drop him. Tough SOB. Worthy of a title shot, but they better get a new Matt Hughes to deal w BJ cuz I dont see it happening for awhile.

Maybe if Koshcheck cut off a foot to cut weight? I guess I'd still bet on BJ though.

There are often good matchups on the card but they dont necessarily turn into good fights. Almost all the fights were sweet last night! Even Mir's, as short as it was it was vindicating for him and exciting for us. I'm kinda pumped actually. Normally I'm happy if I can get one good fight maybe two. Last night was cool

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 1:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Stefan Struve and Jon Jones are the future.
    Of the Olympic Volleyball team and mixed martial arts, respectively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the thing that fucks me off most about Goldy is his relentless dedication to getting in the plug for the sponsors... couple of times last night there was good action he was advertising over and I honestly don't think he could stop himself even if someone got KTFO. It's like tourettes for him something.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 2:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Olympic Volleyball - Har Har!! I concur Russ.

I was a little surprised by that comment about Struve Hesp. Agile I guess, but lethargically applied. Yet he is young and has tons of potential, it just didnt show easily last night with thicky Paul thumpin him. I said last night he needs more fitness, but its more than that. He does have tons of time and I do think he will get better soon.

I know Mir has a big mouth but he tends to back so is it confidence or cockiness?
    He does get some naysayers though doesnt he Hesp. I never paid much attention to him in the old days so maybe its old attitudes haunting him, he doesnt seem any more of a tool than any the other super Alphas there OR HERE! could easily be wrong though.
    Mir Dirt please if anyone hates him.

I thought he looked a little chunkey Diesel! That was a big Mir for sure! But not slow, however, we really didnt get to see him throw that weight around for long.

That triangle was sweet. He could see it long before he put it on. I thought I could. (by a long time I mean a few seconds, not that he had been setting it up much, but I thought he was gettin ready).

Nazir you are right on the button. BJ has been able (and willing!) to fight much larger,
    but he is unstoppable at his (near) normal size. Scientist. Its amazing, BJ and ASilva are so accurate and strong standing that we hardly get to see their PRIMARY skills (BJJ) in action! They dont even need to fall back on their highly competent ground prowess.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 4:28pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Was it just me, or is Memphis a little homophobic about when it decides to boo groundwork? The two submission attempts in Johnson-Garcia got great reactions from the crowd, but the extending working for the single by Sanchez and Struve's back control got booed the heck out of.
    Personally I gave the crowd a little credit, and figured they were booing him for the same reason I was yelling at my TV: there was 0% chance Sanchez would get Penn down with his single leg attempts. Penn's defense is just too good. Not that I can really blame the guy. He was totally outclassed in standup and had to change the game somehow.

The Struve fight, I don't know. Maybe they were booing the lack of action? You can't expect the guy to give up a dominant position like that, but it was kind of boring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I'm calling Sanchez by 4th round TKO. It's his time."

-sashimi_style

"Don't believe the hype!"

-Flava Flav

北斗十字固拳

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesu christo View Post
    Go figure...Florian, Mir, Penn. how could you think differently.
    Well, I forgot to put my picks in before the fights, but, this^^^. Mir looked good. With Nog new and improved, Mir new and improved, Cain and Carwin, the HW div is looking pretty stacked even without Brock. Also, I was and remain a Mir fan.

And Sanchez actually impressed me with his heart and nearly going the distance with Penn. He'll remain at the top of that Div.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 12:28am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im jusy glad that sanchez got fucked up, man i hate that guy. great fighter yes, but his "YES!" **** and his wannabe gangster act and his mean mugging when he looks like a 14 year old boy just grates me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/14/2009 10:06am

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
    I think the thing that fucks me off most about Goldy is his relentless dedication to getting in the plug for the sponsors... couple of times last night there was good action he was advertising over and I honestly don't think he could stop himself even if someone got KTFO. It's like tourettes for him something.
    We were ranting at my place during the PPV about that. Don't fucking advertise *over* the fiht. Goldberg is such a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by tbubar View Post
    Personally I gave the crowd a little credit, and figured they were booing him for the same reason I was yelling at my TV: there was 0% chance Sanchez would get Penn down with his single leg attempts. Penn's defense is just too good. Not that I can really blame the guy. He was totally outclassed in standup and had to change the game somehow.

The Struve fight, I don't know. Maybe they were booing the lack of action? You can't expect the guy to give up a dominant position like that, but it was kind of boring.
    The fans were fucking assholes, but that's the lack of class you expect in Memphis. Fucking inbred, redneck **** kickers. I went to see Joe Rogan's stand up show on Friday and the crowd was hostile for no fucking reason there too. Every **** thinks he's a fucking hardnut.

:eusa_wall
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 9 LastLast