Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 2:17am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hell Yeah!!! At least we get out 10 bucks worth!!! ( if you have 5 friends!!) I did not think Mir would drop the Kongo that fast but OUCH! Sweet finish though. No questions beyatch!

Great job Florian, against a worthy but often shortcoming opponent. Love your enthusiasm Clay but when I spaz out it usually works out the same... and u always are a Spaz!! But I still luv ya.

Bj... Damn. He was in the best shape in 5 years! And untouched. Who does he think he is Anderson Silva? That was a high level opponent who looked like a freshman against WORLD CLASS! And BJ is a ground master. But sweet hands baby!! Something to be said for GSP controlling him so well, but I'd like to see a rematch tom. with Bj looking so good.

All said, I'm glad I didnt blow off this event.

Good call Koresh, not the third but it was all BJ. And DAMN, you see that cut? Shinsville Bitch! Good Fight nite for once!

P.S. Yeah bro, dont know why Kongo was wearing his hands on his hips!? Didnt work out did it!
    Last edited by Nwp; 12/13/2009 2:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 3:05am

Style: Ju d'oh!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Went and saw this with some friends myself. I'm not as knowledgeable on UFC as I should be but I enjoyed it. Florian/Guida was definitely my favorite fight.

As for Penn/Sanchez... BJ looked like he just got done working out and Sanchez looked like he was mugged!

And this was the first time I saw Struve but I thought he was an interesting contender. I'll have to look into him more.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 3:24am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting yes, but the old man gave him a run didnt he!? Wasnt impressive but he took a lick and kept in it. With his youth and natural ability and 6 freekin 11 size he could be somethin if he gets some cardio and endurance. As far as a laymen can hope that is.

Mugged. Love it. Thats when one guy is a whole nother level. It can be possible to have concern for the champ sometimes with a good contender- because anythings possible, but then they match up and its apparent quickly. BJ all the way baybee!! It was like BJ had a nice warm up, and Diego got tossed from a TRAIN and landed on his lip!

Great card tonite.
    Last edited by Nwp; 12/13/2009 3:27am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 3:57am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd, judo, muay thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJ Penn threw a head kick??? something that I thought I'd never see, talks about evolving... I mean, I know he has great flexibility and balance and all, but I just thought that kicking wasn't his thing, he seems to concentrate more on punches and elbows (and knees sometime)...
    and who knew that a kick can cause a cut that big? out of all the elbows and punches, it was the kick that open up the cut...

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 4:47am

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Penn and Mir won me money last night.. I wholeheartedly thank them for it

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 5:17am

Style: Injured for 1+ years

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Sigma View Post
    Spoiler:
    Mir/Kongo was a big disappointment. I mean, credit to Mir for capitalizing on the opening, but what the hell was Kongo doing with his hands down by his waist coming in?
    He dropped his hands to defend the takedown he thought was coming. It's understandable, considering everybody and their grandmother expected a shot. This is kinda the point of throwing that looping overhand right.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 6:55am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was card was fantastic. Cards like this are why I think Strikeforce is overhyped as a threat or competitor.

B.J. Penn is the sharpest man alive, and one of the very few guys to finish someone in the fifth at that. Sanchez didn't win a moment of that fight, he was getting toyed with. Credit to his mental state though, all that Yussing kept him from breaking. I dunno if anyone worthwhile is at 155 for B.J. right now...give him a welterweight? Jose Aldo, perhapsies?

He's also the star of the best gif ever made. Just putting the link because it is looong.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...bjrawsmall.gif

And the Mir hate I'm still seeing on other sites is nauseating. What the **** will he have to do to get any credit from these people? Ugh, haters gonna hate.

I have no problem putting DeMarques Johnson v. Edgar Garcia as one of the best fights I've ever seen (assuming you're judging the fights in clinical isolation, no hype, no fame, no previous or future fights from either party).

Stefan Struve and Jon Jones are the future. They are both so young they still might have height to gain and certainly muscle, I remember Jon Jones wants to be a heavyweight "Cheick Kongo looking brother" in the future. The though of either of these guy's skills in ten, even five years (or, cross your fingers for their health, Randy Couture ages) is astounding. Struve is as agile as any 6'11 guy in the world and could be a badass outfighter with some Sanda, and Jones has orangutan reach (more than Struve) that begs for footwork and oodles of straight punches to be a base for his virtuosity on his feet, clinching and at distance. The more I think about it, the more I think everyone nees moar Sanda...

Was it just me, or is Memphis a little homophobic about when it decides to boo groundwork? The two submission attempts in Johnson-Garcia got great reactions from the crowd, but the extending working for the single by Sanchez and Struve's back control got booed the heck out of.

Some people may call Fitch boring, but I think applying a gameplan that well and consistently is nothin' short of science. He should either get a rematch with Alves or run Anthony Johnson out of the welterweight division.

Somebody get Mike Goldberg away from the announcer's booth. I don't care if you put him behind a desk and let him talk to retired fighters, he's just not a commentator.

Gouveia-Belcher was fun.

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 9:11am

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jose Aldo is the WEC Featherweight Champion and fights at 145 not 170, Hesperus. BJ has become so much more of an amazing fighter since dropping down to lightweight and becoming a father. He is only 31 and I wonder what he will fight like at 34. His defensive wrestling is amazing and his striking is just so much more accurate than the competition he has faced. I would love to see Aoki fight him if for no other reason than to see BJ's bjj at work if Aoki didn't get ko'd before he could get the clinch.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish I could see a pic of Diego's face today. Yeah, BJ looked like he had a slap box competition with my 3 year old. Diego looked like the Elephant man. Ugly!

I have nothing bad to say about the Mir/Kongo fight. I don't know why everyone hyped up Kongo, but he is hit and miss in the ring. Sometimes he comes in looking OK, but a lot of times, he looks like he is a half step behind whoever he is fighting. Mir stepped up his game and I'm looking forward to more of his fights. I can't believe he was 265lbs, he didn't look it.

The triangle choke by Johnson was AWESOME!! He slapped it on there like his legs are really arms and he was pulling him in for a hug. Years of drilling payed off!!! "Horn's fight jitsu" I like it!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    12/13/2009 10:33am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Naszir View Post
    Jose Aldo is the WEC Featherweight Champion and fights at 145 not 170, Hesperus.
    Oh, I know, those were two separate ideas. I really don't have a good suggestion as to which welterweight, just that he certainly doesn't get to hop in for a title shot right off the bat again.

He's always had some weight class hubris, how about we indulge the guy and give him Anthony Johnson?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 89 LastLast