Administrator

Posted On:
    2/15/2013 1:48pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    For those who dont remember, Tiger Klay aka Larry Clay Lonis (and about 4-5 other variations on the name), the Krav Maga instructor who was investigated in this gigantic thread

"Tiger Klay's Krav Maga/BJJ/NHB: Bullshido Resume?"
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44950

...and found to be lying about having trained with a Muay Thai legend and also with Gene LeBell, and overall a pretty shady character, is now back!

Not only is he still teaching, now at a place called Monster X Camp..

He's come up at various times again on BS, like this thread from 2009:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91925

And there's been similar shady behavior, such as this 2011 report at Ripoff Report:
    http://www.ripoffreport.com/weightlo...-mon-beceb.htm

And of course, now Larry is dispensing martial arts business advice as a mentor/coach. Unbelievable.

http://ninjabusinesssolutions.com/

http://www.facebook.com/LonisNinjaBu...CoachLarryClay

"Martial Arts Fitness Business Mentor – Business Coach – Larry Clay
    Martial Arts and Fitness business mentor leaves "'Experts" scratching their heads and wondering how he brings low income business owners into six figure income…FAST"

I don't know what you're getting at. I remember this guys, but what's your point. That Ripoff report is less than reliable. I'm not vouching for the guys but this doesn't do anything.

Posted On:
    3/14/2013 9:45am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey all,

I recently came across these "tiger clay" related posts by accident, and thought I'd chime in on a few of the more recent, Monster X Camp related ones, being a current student there.

A little bit of background, I'm not a Krav guy, and have no real desire to be. I'm currently a BJJ blue-belt and I just do it for fun. I joined the gym when Spartan closed back in late 2011 or early 2012. I followed the very legit Carlos Machado Brown belt who was teaching BJJ at Spartan when he moved to Monster (he teaches at several other gyms in the area including Star, but Monster is pretty ideally situated for my purposes).

So I can't really tell you what Coach Clay is teaching, or what he isn't, I don't go to the Krav classes, I stick to Kick Boxing and BJJ. I am sorry to read that he's had trouble in the past, that's news to me, and it's upsetting to hear.

What I can tell you is that, having trained at several bjj gyms in the area including Peak, and the Marchelo Garcia school in Dallas, Monster X Camp is a good bjj gym full of decent guys who are training under an awesome instructor. There's BJJ 6 days a week gi and nogi, usually multiple times per day. The BJJ coach is a well connected, solid block of whoop-ass who isn't shy about rolling with us, and enjoys bringing in guys from other schools to teach and roll with us. We have several black, purple, and blue belts who routinely visit from Moeler, Peak, Starr and the Garcia school. We have an open invitation to visit and roll at the Garcia school. The daytime classes have the healthiest turnout of any place I've ever trained, usually between 7-10 guys, most of whom are regulars, and all of whom I greatly enjoy rolling with. No meat-heads, no steroids, even the young guys are super cool. It's a great place for BJJ, and by far the best place I've ever trained.

The packages are all you can eat for ~$130/mo depending on deals/coupons/commit/etc... I've been there over a year and haven't had any trouble with the contract stuff, and yes I've had some "special needs" and yes they worked with me without even blinking. FWIW Coach Clay seems to me like a decent coach and humble guy who genuinely cares about the progress of the students at the school. He was rolling with us pretty regularly (and is not an easy man to sweep) until a back injury side-lined him. Like I said I don't know if he's actively teaching on the krav side or what.

So, reading through these threads, I know he has a lot to make up for, but it looks at least to me like he's on the right track. Just one guys opinion.

Take it easy

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 12:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thought everyone would enjoy this photo

lookwhogotbusted.com/denton-county-tx/lonis-larry-clay

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 12:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hearing through the grapevine that some legal stuff is going down with him. Will see if I can get more details.

Posted On:
    4/24/2013 1:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456